Marin Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marin Software Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2017

Senior Manager of Sales Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marin Software (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via email asking if I'd be interested in regards to the position. First was a call with recruiter. Then set up a call with the company VP. That call went well and from the conversation, seeing they contacted me, VP basically said there were no other candidates at the time and all but promised me the job. 3rd interview was with a panel. They had a rep do one of the panel interviews which was terrible. It's as if her questions were googled from page one.

Interview Questions

• How would you employees describe you. All page one google "What questions should I ask during an interview".   Answer Question

QA Automation Backend Api Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview was great. General coding stuff like reverse string and aaabsss to a3b1ss3 kind of questions. first a phone interview and then onsite with the qa team (four 1:1). The interveiw went great and they told the team was happy with me but for some reason they told they went ahead with another candidate

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marin Software (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I only give this a negative experience because the recruiter was a bit disrespectful. He called me by the wrong name during email correspondences. On-site interview itself actually went very well, I even had an impromptu meeting with the CFO. Everyone I spoke to was pretty easy going. However, after the interview process was over, the recruiter sent me a generic "thanks, but no thanks" message from a no-reply email. It felt a bit disrespectful seeing as far as I had gotten in the interview process, especially because I had to take over a half day off from my own work schedule.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you researched an accounting pronouncement and the result of your findings.   Answer Question

Tech Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marin Software (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was scheduled to speak to the recruiter. He cancelled last minute and we promptly rescheduled. An hour prior to our rescheduled interview I received an email saying I was not a fit for the role. Being a recruiter interviewing for a recruiter role is an interesting experience.

Marin Software Response

Jan 9, 2017 – Head, Global Talent Acquisition

You were interviewing for a Recruiter role in NY? I lead global recruiting? I am the ONLY person interviewing for Tech Recruiters at Marin Software and I would not talk to a Recruiter based in NYC, I... More

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marin Software.

Interview

Job requirements vaguely defined. Really have to use imagination to determine what the job will be and ask questions accordingly. Company seems to be going through revolving door process. Disconnect between what is needed and required for the company to move forward. Work environment seems to be politically challenged. It seems the company is top heavy management.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview. Nothing out of the ordinary asked. However, from responses one can determine the company is challenged with providing professional growth.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marin Software.

Interview

There was a quick turn around. Quick and intelligent phone screening. In person interview with entire team. Good people, intelligent related questions to the job. Personality fit was important. Quick decision. Had answer the next day to get hired. Very good benefit package explained by recruiting when hired. (Not the same today). Very clear what job requirements were. Great team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very fair market price. straightforward process.

Ad Operations Associate - Display Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marin Software (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a series of phone interviews and a final face to face. I felt very comfortable throughout the whole process and the recruiter was very open with communication and walked me through the entire process. This series of interviews was the most fun and enjoyable set of interviews I have ever experienced. I am so excited to be a part of this company and I cannot wait to see where it takes me. Thank you for believing in me.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to learn, move fast, and wear a lot of different hats?   1 Answer

Customer Success Advisor Interview

Interview

Fairly easy, only one of the people I interviewed with really asked about my marketing background. I did appreciate that the only question everyone repeated was "Tell me about yourself".

I will say it was mostly positive though it would have been helpful to get any sort of specific feedback after getting the rejection e-mail especially after meeting with multiple people in person.

Interview Questions

Marin Software Response

Apr 22, 2015 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your review and we are glad that you had a positive experience with us. We hope we can reengage with you in the future.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marin Software (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Was referred by a friend who worked there. I was reached out to by a recruiter named Elizabeth who was great and just asked basic screening questions. After that I had a brief phone interview with my direct manager who asked me basic questions about my background in sales and what I knew about the digital marketing industry. Finally had an onsite interview with the manager of the sales team, BDR Director, and VP of inside sales. All pretty standard questions about previous performance, future goals, sales methodology etc.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you Google something?
      Whats the best sales story you have from your history?   1 Answer

Biz Dev Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Marin Software (Austin, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

6 interviews. From a phone call all the way to a role playing exercise for a panel. After making it through the process there are background checks and reference checks as well.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between sales and marketing?

Who are Marin Software's target audience and who would we absolutely not be able to serve?   1 Answer