MathWorks Applications Support Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MathWorks Applications Support Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at MathWorks

2.8

Applications Support Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

First part of interviewing process is exactly same.
For the second part I chose signal processing and Matlab and C,

C
-definition of Typedef
-malloc and calloc
-usage of <> and #
-what is recursive function?

Matlab
-difference between function and script
-concatenate matrix
--open a file from command window
-Compute numerical length of an array

Signal Processing
-Autocorreleation
-Power Spectral Density and White Noise
-Difference between FIR and IIR
-Z Transform
-Nyquist Sampling Rate

Interview Questions

• Questions were similar with previous questions that i have read before in here   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MathWorks

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

HR Video interview followed by a technical interview, behavioral and a HR interview. Technical round was basically of C, C++, Java and Math questions.

Interview Questions

• Difference between final, finally and finalized in java?   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks in March 2014.

Interview

It's still my first round video interview, 5 questions as listed.

Interview Questions

• Nothing expected, all questions are available on glassdoor   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Webcam initial interview. Only a few questions - why you are good for the job, what makes you qualified. This was for an intern position so it asked for GPA also. I got nervous and practiced a lot, and the whole thing was over in 6 minutes. Not a big deal.

Interview Questions

• The toughest part was keeping your answer short enough for the ~2 minutes they give you per answer.   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

After applying online I was sent an email with a link to a video interview. The interview was easy - five simple questions were asked - two were 2 minutes long and three were a minute each. The questions were: How does your experience fit with this role?, What is your GPA?, What is your visa status?, etc. You really do not have to prepare much for the first interview - but it helps to have answers on hand.

Applications Support Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at MathWorks in December 2013.

Interview

All the questions were the same as given in glassdoor. Be sure you go through them. They expect you to answer almost all the questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to maths like probabilty, matrix opeartions were a bit difficult   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

Got an email from HR for video interview.

technical interview was simple ..basic questions on Object oriented progmng like what is OOP, adv of OOP, how a graph is represented in practice, applications of null pointers, some code snippets(most of which u can find online) diff betn #define and const ,mutex,cache,JVM,JRE JDK difference, what is classpath, Big O notation: what is O( n!+n ) ? virtual destructor, structure union difference,

Interview Questions

• Nothing too out of the box. Most of the questions are posted on glassdoor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Interview

The HR Interview was very basic. There were a few behavioral questions very similar to the ones posted on glassdoor and a few questions based on my past projects.

The technical interview covered basic math concepts (linear algebra, differential equations), C/MATLAB and basic signal processing questions. None of them too difficult. Most questions were from the ones on glassdoor.

Applications Support Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Had HR interview on the phone..basic questions like why I should be hired and why the position interests me and about a situation in the past during which i faced multiple responsibilities

Applications Support Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Applied Online, phone interview consisting of just basic HR questions : Why Mathworks, GPA? Prepared to do the following things (reads a list of job duties), Have your ever been in a conflict among team members, how did you resolve it, explain any relevant project, how do you manage your time?....
    Followed by a call for technical interview : Basic OS, semaphores, mutex, critical section etc. C,C++ : inheritance, pointers JAVA : final,finalize,finally, JVM,JRE constructors MATH : NFA,DFA, implement sine,cosine