MathWorks Engineering Development Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MathWorks Engineering Development Group Interview Questions

Interviews at MathWorks

2.9

Engineering Development Group Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks in April 2019.

Interview

Received OA and a video interview about 2 minutes after submitting the application. There are three sections in OA. The first section is compulsory math questions. Other two sections are coding problems and Matlab problems. Only need to finish one of them. They used HireVue to do the video interview. Answered several behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• 5 math questions and 2 coding problems (I chose the section two)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MathWorks

Engineering Development Group Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

This is the first-round phone interview. Behavioral Questions only. First I got an email letting me schedule a time. At the scheduled time the recruiter called me. The entire duration is around 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about visa status, graduation time, availabilities, GPA.
      Why are you interested in Mathwork.
      Tell him a previous project in NON-technical words.   Answer Question

Engineering Development Group Interview

Interview

I applied online through handshake, got a video interview which you have to record your answer to the question. I got 3 tries to record so its very easy one. After I passed that, I had to take a programming challenge (i chose java), I'd say 7/10 in difficulty.

Engineering Development Group Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

First stage was Video Interview on HireVue which was mostly behavioral questions. I thought this was a very nice way of trying to understand the personality of the candidate. The second stage was a Programming Challenge on Hackerrank, which I thought was rather poorly designed as it was designed to reward memorization; sometime even dealing with alternate syntaxes. The test had a pretty tight time limit, which further exacerbated the situation if memorization isnt your strong suite.

Interview Questions

• Math Puzzles, and choose 2 of 5 programming sections(C C++, Python, Matlab, Java, Javascript)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in October 2018.

Interview

Online coding problem, followed by a phone interview, followed by in person interview. All stages were pretty broad and touched on multiple areas of computer science. Phone and in-person interview both required knowledge of two languages.

Interview Questions

• Discuss possible objects needed when created an ATM.   1 Answer

Engineering Development Group Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks in July 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. Everyone was friendly along the way. I had a phone call with the recruiter, a take home programming assignment that I submitted, a technical phone call where I had to program, and a shorter phone call with a manager.

Interview Questions

• Typical programming interview questions. Nothing too unexpected.   Answer Question

Engineering Development Group Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks in March 2019.

Interview

I applied online through Mathworks career portal. When applying for EDG, options are given for choosing the field of interest depending on major.

Received online coding assessment within a week of application. It contained a few mathematical and logical questions along with programming questions. For programming questions, an option is given between (C/C++/Java, etc) and (MATLAB, Python). Minimum of 4 questions have to be attempted, 2 from each selection. Along with these, an additional link is sent for a virtual question-answer session with pre-recorded basic behavioral questions. Answers have to be video recorded live, within a given time limit for each question.

Received invitation two weeks later for a phone interview with a screen share coding platform. Basic programming questions along with mathematical questions are asked. Again, the area of interest can be chosen before the start of the interview for the type of programming and mathematical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

Firstly you are supposed to give an online assessment exam and upload documents. In Online Assessment exam:
    1) Logical reasoning - 35 min 2) Programming with Java/Python 3)Matlab questions
    You need to answer Section 1. You can choose to answer from section 2 or section 3.
    In section you have to solve two programming questions in 1 hour.

Engineering Development Group Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MathWorks in April 2019.

Interview

Cleared first round which was a pre-recorded interview. Also, an assessment along with it with 5 aptitude questions and 2 coding questions( can choose any language C++,C,java,python etc.). Option of choosing the 2 coding questions or 10 Matlab questions.

Interview Questions

• Why makes you a good candidate for the Engineering development group program?   Answer Question

Engineering Development Group Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks in March 2019.

Interview

First there was an online video round in which basic HR related questions were asked. It was followed by an Online assessment which came after 8 days. Once the OA was completed, Mathworks scheduled a telephonic interview for me which was for 45 minutes. It consisted many OOPS related questions, System design questions and a coding question.