MathWorks C/C++/MATLAB Software Engineer In Test Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MathWorks C/C++/MATLAB Software Engineer In Test Interview Questions

Interviews at MathWorks

C/C++/MATLAB Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MathWorks (Champaign, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

At the beginning, they will ask some behavior questions, such as tell me a time when you anticipate a problem and prevent it. Then, they will ask some basic c++ and Matlab questions such as how to create a 3 by 3 matrix in Matlab and how to concatenate them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MathWorks

C/C++/MATLAB Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a hiring manager call me for HR and technical phone interviews. This was followed by another phone interview by an HR. I was invited for onsite interview. 15 days after the onsite interview (a 45 minute presentation followed by 5 rounds of interview) they contacted me saying they received positive feedback but my background is not a perfect match and so they want to consider me for the same position under another manager. This was followed by a tech phone interview in C & C++.

4 days later I was interviewed for another position which was not familiar with. 4 days later they emailed me saying the first position was filled internally and I didn't fit the background for the second position.

Interview Questions

• In MATLAB, difference between functions and scripts, try-catch function, optimization techniques (vectorization, zero initialization) and other basic questions available in glassdoor in application support engineer interview reviews.

In C & C++, difference between macros and functions, datastructures and algorithm, Oop concepts like abstract classes, virtual functions, static functions.

One interviewer asked me questions related to the presentation I did for onsite interview. The presentation had a project in image processing, and there were questions on why I used certain things. The interviewer asked me about video processing and object tracking as well.   1 Answer