MathWorks Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MathWorks Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at MathWorks

3.2

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks in December 2013.

Interview

They did two interviews over the phone. The first was just personality and soft skill questions i.e. What was a challenge for you? What do you excel at most? The second interview was a technical interview and they asked me general questions about discrete math and basic programming problems. Some examples would be define a DAG, Set theory, pigeon-hole theory ect. For programming there was basic questions about the advantages of OOP and linklists.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question(s) were the discrete math questions because they were the least fresh in my mind. But the other more unexpected question was about virtual classes in C++.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MathWorks

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly smooth. I had two rounds of technical interviews - one was a coding interview (1 hour, relatively easy), and one was a design/algorithms interview (1 hour, slightly hard).

There was also one short non-technical interview for why I wanted to work in the particular role.

Interview Questions

• I was asked relatively open-ended questions related to data structures, and various complexity related tradeoffs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

ound 1 similar to what is on glass door, about to take round 2. Options include C,C++, python, java, matlab, signal processing or embedded systems, OOPS basics, discrete math, computation, and algorithm theory, calculus, differential equations and linear algebra. Interview will be a phone call and webx

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Boston, MA) in November 2018.

Interview

First round was the phone interview where the hiring manager asked questions from my CV, regarding my other experiences and projects I had done. Next was the hands on coding interview where i had to share my screen for the coding solutions. The questions were easy and average level, basic algorithms and recursion. Next was the phone interview with HR, mostly behavioral questions and team management. They also asked for letter of recommendations from my professors.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks in February 2019.

Interview

The process took 4 weeks. I applied online and then 2 weeks later they email me to ask for a phone interview. This interview was for a software engineering intern. It only consisted of a phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Boston, MA).

Interview

Brief phone interviews, coding interview, and an HR interview. The HR guy was already set to say no 2 minutes into the interview. They sent me the wrong interview offer letter somehow, something addressed to another person who didn't share any part of my name.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks in April 2018.

Interview

There was an email asking about my projects and how I am familiar with Matlab, Machine Learning, and Cuda.
    Followed by a phone interview which is a C++/Cuda coding test.
    Then I finally talked to the HR who asked me some general questions.

Interview Questions

• In the coding test, they asked me to implement the Reduction with Cuda.
      Besides, there was a simple C++ class question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MathWorks (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

It was a phone interview with live coding. Questions regarding projects and data structures were asked. I had work experience so was asked about the projects that I had completed in my previous company.