MathWorks Software Engineer In Test Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MathWorks Software Engineer In Test Interview Questions

Interviews at MathWorks

3.1

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Interview

3 rounds of technical interview. 1st round asking resume and basical matlab & c++ knowledge. 2nd round ask about matlab and simulink. 3rd round asking matlab ood. Due to it's Thanksgiving and Christmas during my interview. The interview lasted about 2 months in total.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MathWorks

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

It was referral drive.
    1. HR called me explaining about the position and
    Resume overview.
    2. Manager called me to fix date for interview at their office and resume overview. Asked me to prepare presentation of resume for 60min
    3. The big day -interview day. Scheduled at 9.30
    9.30 -10.30 presentation-Q&A.
    10.30-11.30 technical round 1
    11.30-12.30 technical round 2
    12.30-1.30 lunch accompanied by team members
    1.30-2.30 manager round
    2.30-3.30 HR round.
    Leave for the day. Interviews will be at a stretch and they will discuss and let u know answer next working day.
    4. They will call the Reference you mentioned.

Interview Questions

• about the presentation, questions from fav subject you mentioned. script and functions, class,handle,lpf,bpf, write program on factorial. what if we pass decimal, array to factorial function how does it respond in matlab   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

Applied online. First round is a phone call from hiring manager and asked on resume and background. Then there was a take home coding problem and another phone call on the solution. The final round is a phone call from HR.

Interview Questions

• Explain try catch block, handle class. What are the ways to index matrix?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MathWorks (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

Screening by Hiring Manager asking about work experience , skills and interests
    Scheduled a technical interview on the same day.
    Mathworks interviews are mostly focused on Fundamentals. They do not ask fancy questions but strong cs basics are enough to crack interviews.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview : OOPs, JavaScript Basics,Simple Coding Problems and write test cases for them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

The MathWorks' unique interview process--while successful at filtering applicants incompatible with position requirements--does so at the expense of eliminating some highly qualified candidates who choose not to navigate the excessively micromanaged hoops that must be jumped through.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks in May 2015.

Interview

I am referred by a friend for this position. A technical guy directly contacted me for a phone screen interview. The interview lasted about 1 hour. I shared my screen with the interviewer and need write some matlab codes. I thought I answered all the questions correctly. How no further response from mathwork. After a about 20 days, I checked my online status and found my application was rejected.

Interview Questions

• 1) Some questions about your previous projects.
      2) FIR filter and IIR filter
      3) Write a script to realize convolution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Flew onsite after 2 technical interviews. It started off with a presentation and then 3 interviews.
    The first interview involved coding on the white board and a puzzle. The second interview was with the manager involving past experience and future perspective. The last round was the toughest with the manager where again they make you dwell on white board on various key questions.
    Prepare well for the coding round and about unit testing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I haven’t applied to this job (have applied to multiple front end jobs). The team lead requested an interview and spoke for an hour. Most of it was team management questions w basic Javascript questions in the end. Next interview was with the QA. Concentrating on object oriented JS. Then I was invited for onsite where I was forced to give a 45 min presentation. It felt really stupid. Followed by the presentation were interviews with the team members. I liked the interview with the developer, concentrating on JS programs and web tech. Rest all were asking just about team management. Everyone had the same set of questions and each one for 45 mins. Another interview during the lunch as well. I was exhausted and frustrated. Over all process took about 6 hours without a break (except once for using washroom). They sent me home and sent a reject the same day.

Interview Questions

• Object oriented javascript - closures, prototypes etc
      implement calculator using html css js
      Check for palindrome, find longest palindrome in a string, test the entire program
      team team team nonsense   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

Applied online, they emailed me quickly after that. First phone call is with manager of department you applying for. Just some general questions based on you experience and skills in CV. After that they invited me for more technical interview. This was over phone too. It turned out it was again going through CV discussing technical details in it. Next round is HR round. Just some basic HR questions