Cover image for Maurices

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Maurices Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 373 of over 373 interviews

Employee Referral4%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Maurices

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Maurices

Interview

Dropped off resume after applying for job online and was given an informal interview on site. Manager asked about my experience and desire to do the job well, and scheduled a more formal interview for a few days later. Formal interview was in the center of the mall (out in public) but had standard retail work interview questions, then moved into the store where I was asked to create outfits for various scenarios.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with a cranky customer? How much experience do you have working retail? Why Maurice's? Go through the store and create an outfit you would wear in various scenarios.
    Answer Question

Maurices

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices

Interview

From my initial conversation with the recruiter to my interview everyone was extremely kind and the interview was also laid back. The recruiter kept me up to date via email on when I would here a decision.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Maurices

Application

I interviewed at Maurices

Interview

Was quick, easy, and fun! I was nervous for the interview process but the managers made me feel comfortable answering questions, and were straightforward with what is expected. The questions directly related to the job and were what you would expect from a women’s retail clothing store.

Interview Questions
  • What made you want to work here?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maurices (Springfield, MO) in Oct 2022

Interview

Pretty standard interview she asked like 10 questions and then she made me pick out an outfit for a certain event. After that I put all the clothes back and then we talked availability and then she told me I would have a second interview with the hiring manager

Interview Questions
  • What is your favorite style, what’s your favorite and least favorite trend.

Maurices

Application

I interviewed at Maurices

Interview

During this interview I was asked a lot of fashion related and scenario based questions to see how you would interact with customers, and if you would help increase the store’s sales or not

Interview Questions
  • What is your favorite item in your closet right now and why?

Maurices

Application

I interviewed at Maurices

Interview

Pretty easy, it was a group interview. You pick out an outfit for different situations. Be professional and know their sales floor somewhat well and you should be just fine

Interview Questions
  • What is a fashion trend you were scared to try? Why?

Maurices

Application

I interviewed at Maurices

Interview

They sat me down and asked me questions of my history and then proceeded to ask about my availability. i was shown around the rehab as a tour and was given instructions if I decided to apply

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Maurices

Application

I interviewed at Maurices

Interview

Was texted beginning questions and then was offered a group interview through zoom. It was popcorn speaking style so everyone answered a question after the other. The questions overall were pretty basic.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Maurices

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Maurices in Jun 2022

Interview

Easy they take you back sit you down and ask all the super basic questions. They were all pretty easy to answer. I don't think there was anything negative about the interview experience (other then I was anxious to get the job lol)

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Maurice's?

Maurices

Application

I interviewed at Maurices

Interview

Went in the back room and did one on one interview. The manager asked very easy questions about what I did in my previous job and what my responsibilities were.

Interview Questions
  • Job interview was very easy. No hard questions. It to 30 minutes. I could tell the other manager wanted to leave. Asked about my previous job and what my roll was
Viewing 1 - 10 of 373 Interviews

Maurices Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Maurices as 72.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.40 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Part Time Assistant Manager and Assistant Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Sales Associate and Stylist roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Maurices takes an average of 15 days when considering 467 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 12 days), whereas Store Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 24 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Maurices according to 467 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 34.35%