Maurices Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maurices Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2018

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

The interview process was quite long consisting of three interview with various levels of management. The questions were not hard but are behavior based. Be prepared to tell a story.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices.

Interview

I applied online, then stopped in a few days later to shop and inquire about my application. They took note of my name and within 2 days I received a call for an interview. My first interview was with the Store Manager. I had a second interview with her a few days later, where I was also questioned by a longtime company colleague of hers over the phone. The whole process was straightforward, and everyone was very friendly. I felt at ease and was able to be confident in my answers.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to pick out a complete outfit for a specific scenario and 'sold' my choices to the Store Manager. I also was asked in depth questions about what I think quality customer service is and how I would achieve it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Fort Smith, AR) in January 2018.

Interview

I went in for a group interview with 5 other people and was asked questions by 2 managers. The process was casual and the interviewers were very friendly. We went around the circle and answered about 8 questions. They called me back the next day and scheduled another interview with me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maurices in December 2017.

Interview

Simple questions picked out outfits interview was with district manager and store manager questions about previous sales positions management positions strengths and weaknesses fairly simple interview process .asks where you get your fashion ideas

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices.

Interview

After picking up an order at the local store and asking about current job opportunities, I was invited by the Store Manager to apply for the Store Manager Trainee position. I spoke with her multiple times on the phone about the application process, hiring process, and what the job entailed. I went to an interview with her and the district manager, but had the worst interview experience of my life! First of all, I was lead into a dimly lit stock room and was given a very small ottoman to awkwardly sit on while the managers sat in proper chairs that were much taller. The Store Manager was very nice, but the District Manager was condescending, obviously irritated, and asked me highly unprofessional questions. I was also given misinformation about the position I applied for, told "I only like to hire from within" from the District Manager, and offered a lower paying stylist position with much reluctance. I have a four year degree and valuable experience that helped me earn a salaried position elsewhere. Maurices really needs to rid its company of toxic management.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maurices in November 2017.

Interview

I was following this company for awhile, and saw a posting for a FULL TIME Assistant Manager. A few weeks later, I saw another posting for the same position. Assuming it had not been filled, I submitted an application. The posting was about 8 days old at that point. A few days later, I saw the position had been reposted on Glassdoor. The posting was also on the company website portal. I called the correct store I had applied to, to follow up on the hiring process. The woman I spoke with identified herself as the current assistant manager, and did not plan to leave until February. She did tell me they had another low-ranking position that payed less and was part time. I asked why this Assistant Manager job was being posted, and she didn’t have an answer. Out of curiosity, I decided to go in and interview as a part time stylist. When I got there, the manager asked how much I knew about the position, which is when I told her I had intially applied for the assistant position, which was listed on Glassdoor as well as the company website. I inquired about this job, and if it had promising leads into the job I had originally applied for. She said it was possible that she would be hiring in the spring for a PART TIME assistant manager. She went on to inform me that “part time” would mean anywhere from 3-30 hours a week, and asked me how few hours I would “be able to live off of”....um, no thanks. I didn’t mention it, but the same location was hiring for a full time store manager (her job) position as well. If corporate plans on cleaning house, perhaps have a better point of contact than the employees you are trying to replace. Either that, or Maurice’s is simply collecting a large pool of applications for some undetermined point in the future. Either way, I found it inappropriate to be clogging up job boards with useless posts. I was invited back for a second interview but obviously declined

Interview Questions

• What is the fewest number of hours per week that you can “survive on”   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queensbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Queensbury, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The person interviewing me was very unprofessional. She spent more time talking about her life, mom, daughter, ex-husband. She couldn't find the interview questions on the tablet to ask me.

Interview Questions

• She couldn't find the questions to ask me on her tablet so she just asked me to tell her about myself.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices.

Interview

Had to do 4 interviews before I was offered the position. The first three were very relaxed and easy going, the fourth was a little intimidating but definitely let me know all the standards and expectations of the job!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 6 months, 5 years, and 10 years?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices in October 2017.

Interview

I got a call almost a month after I had applied to set up an interview. Met with the regional manager at a local Starbucks. She interviewed me and then said she would call me in two weeks and I never heard from her again.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite current fashion trend?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep up on trends?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when....
      ~you disagreed with a supervisor
      ~you had to work with a group
      ~you made a mistake at work   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maurices in August 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. Everything was very casual. The basic "name a time when" questions were asked. The manager was very personable. I interviewed three days ago and she said that when she finished interviews at the end of the week she would be in contact, so I haven't heard back yet.