Maurices Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maurices Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2018

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maurices (Wheaton, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy and painless. But mainly because she was my friend. For other people they make them go to multiple interviews sometimes not onsite which is very inconvient. Not recommended as a job for someone who is genuine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fenton, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maurices (Fenton, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Asked to choose 3 outfits. One to wear to a football homecoming game, one to wear to an interview, and one to wear to a wedding. Had to try on each and explain why I chose the pieces that I did. This part was the difficult in that its September and its NOT wedding season (though the inexperienced interviewer thought it was). There wasn't anything currently in the store that I, personally, would wear to a wedding. This was followed by a 10 minute interview consisting of the typical retail interview questions.
    Unfortunately, my interviewer lacked the experience to be interviewing someone applying for this position. In the short period of time I had with her, she displayed zero leadership qualities and zero confidence in her ability to interview me and had very poor communication skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you provided superior customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maurices (Huntsville, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Standard STAR process. As long as you go through with that you'll be fine. Also, it'd be good have a true love or sense of fashion. They might ask fun questions regarding to your personal style. In regards to being a manager you'll get tons of questions on your specific management, training and coaching style.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to apprehend an associate for reckless behavior.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maurices (Fremont, NE).

Interview

really informal and relaxed. interviewed once and asked simple questions in regards to my resume and my abilities in customer service. Was asked to take the job that day.

Interview Questions

• if you could describe yourself in one word..
      availability...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Clarksville, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

Went into the store to enquire whether they had any vacancies. I applied online at home and within a week was contacted for an interview. The first interview was easy. It was an informal talk with the Store Manager just to see if I was personable and easy to work with. Was asked a couple of questions like "Why do you want to leave your current job?" "Why do you want to work at Maurices?" "what do you enjoy about customer service?"
    Went well so had a second interview with the Area Sales Lead. Got offered the job within the next couple of days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Lake Jackson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maurices (Lake Jackson, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

2 party interview ask you basic questions about why choosing Maurice's ? What my goals were , my experience in Customer service. Also in management. Talk about your self and discuss the policy procedures and what the company has to offer

Interview Questions

• What was a time I went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hood River, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maurices (Hood River, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied for Sales Associate but after looking at my resume and seeing the results of my Personality Test I was given the manager asked me to interview for the Part Time Assistant Manager position. She was very friendly; we sat at her desk in the back office and she went through the interview questions. A few days later the First Assistant Manager called me to do a phone interview so that both managers could decide if I was right for the position. A few days later they called and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• X, Y, and Z are things we are striving for. A, B, and C are things we are trying to improve. What can you bring to the company and this store that will help us achieve X, Y, and Z? What do you think you will be able to do to help improve A, B, and C?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maurices (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied on line and the store manager called me a few days later. After a short discussion, we set up a time where I came in to meet with the full time assistant manager. I thought the interview went well. She was friendly and very easy to talk to without feeling initmidated.

Interview Questions

• How should my relationship be with the rest of the employees? Should there be a distinct boundrey between a manager and staff?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maurices.

Interview

It was a very informal interview process. Lots of questions about previous management experience. What makes you wanna work here. Laid back process and not overwhelming. It was very inviting to share your expreiences and to ask questions if you had any.

Anonymous Employee in Harrison, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maurices (Harrison, AR) in September 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews, one was with the store manager and another with the first assistant. They were both very easy. The first interview I was told to go out to the sales floor and put together two outfits. Also asked multiple questions. The second interview was very laid back.