Motorola Mobility Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

3.1

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call in two weeks to schedule a video interview. The interview went on for two hours with five different people.
They are really nice and they asked everything on resume. A few technical questions based on skill set mentioned on resume.
Just be confident and prepare your resume very well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Motorola Mobility

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Really nice and friendly people. Interview in 5 rounds. Asked everything on resume and explained their work culture, their project and things i will be doing. Talked about interest and current projects which I am doing.

Interview Questions

• Why an application is not able to connect to the internet?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (New York, NY).

Interview

Preliminary interview followed by on site interview. The first one was formal and the second one was a mix of formal and casual. Average level of difficulty. Met the team.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick this company   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2016.

Interview

I meet them at a career conference in March, but did not hear back from them until May. Once the interviews started everything moved quicker. The recruiter was pretty accommodating, and wanted to make sure that you had a fair shot at answer moving forward in the process

Interview Questions

• Taking a number, n ,(such as 12345) and being able to store each digit in an array.   Answer Question

A week after the offer they decided to cancel the internship program.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

They asked different kinds of questions. They asked programming questions. They gave a problem. They asked to develop an algorithm for the problem. After that they asked to code the algorithm in any language. They also asked a different problem. This problem was from a different area. It seems they don't care if an interviewer has worked in a particular area or not. They just asked questions from an area which they know.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

I apply through school program. I got selected for an interview a week after. The interview was on site and lasted for an hour. The manager and 2 other senior engineers screened my resume and asked some basic programming questions.

Interview Questions

• How to divide a squared cake into 4 equal portions by only three slices?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

Interviewed by four engineers. The interview lasted about two hours. A decision was not made that day. I also met with a team manager for a non-technical interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked technical questions in programming language C.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me a month or so before graduation. There was a video chat interview where there was one goggle doc based programming question to find out different permutations of a give string. Then after that there was one more phone interview which consisted of a bunch of oral technical questions, no coding involved. Then they flew me out to their HQ in chicago where I went through 4 rounds of technical interviews. I aced almost all of them except for one where I faltered. After a couple of days the recruiter called saying that I did very well but they would rather hire a phD grad.

Interview Questions

• For a given 2d bitmap, find out the end points of a region that has only 1s and return true if those end points form a rectangle.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was mainly about algorithm questions, but with 6 different people.

Interview Questions

• I spent a lot of tim eon the first question.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I have applied the job through a recruiter. And the process is quite fast. Set up a online code interview. Was asked for the top k elements question.