Motorola Mobility Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Motorola Mobility Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (New York, NY).

Interview

Preliminary interview followed by on site interview. The first one was formal and the second one was a mix of formal and casual. Average level of difficulty. Met the team.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick this company   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Motorola Mobility

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2016.

Interview

I meet them at a career conference in March, but did not hear back from them until May. Once the interviews started everything moved quicker. The recruiter was pretty accommodating, and wanted to make sure that you had a fair shot at answer moving forward in the process

Interview Questions

• Taking a number, n ,(such as 12345) and being able to store each digit in an array.   Answer Question

A week after the offer they decided to cancel the internship program.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

They asked different kinds of questions. They asked programming questions. They gave a problem. They asked to develop an algorithm for the problem. After that they asked to code the algorithm in any language. They also asked a different problem. This problem was from a different area. It seems they don't care if an interviewer has worked in a particular area or not. They just asked questions from an area which they know.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

I apply through school program. I got selected for an interview a week after. The interview was on site and lasted for an hour. The manager and 2 other senior engineers screened my resume and asked some basic programming questions.

Interview Questions

• How to divide a squared cake into 4 equal portions by only three slices?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

Interviewed by four engineers. The interview lasted about two hours. A decision was not made that day. I also met with a team manager for a non-technical interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked technical questions in programming language C.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me a month or so before graduation. There was a video chat interview where there was one goggle doc based programming question to find out different permutations of a give string. Then after that there was one more phone interview which consisted of a bunch of oral technical questions, no coding involved. Then they flew me out to their HQ in chicago where I went through 4 rounds of technical interviews. I aced almost all of them except for one where I faltered. After a couple of days the recruiter called saying that I did very well but they would rather hire a phD grad.

Interview Questions

• For a given 2d bitmap, find out the end points of a region that has only 1s and return true if those end points form a rectangle.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was mainly about algorithm questions, but with 6 different people.

Interview Questions

• I spent a lot of tim eon the first question.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I have applied the job through a recruiter. And the process is quite fast. Set up a online code interview. Was asked for the top k elements question.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Human resource people about 30 minutes. He just asked me some questions to know about my fluency in English. Then, he set up a phone interview for me. An interviewer called me and he ask some algorithms related to String matching and also about time complexity.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

first there would be paper testings, then if you passed there would be 2 rounds of interviews, all technical interviews, then there would be an hr interview and boss interview followed.

Interview Questions

• those are usually technical questions, need to prepare the most common programming related questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiate