Motorola Mobility Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017

2.9

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was very unorganized. The recruiter set me up with the interview but disappeared, so I was unable to follow up with him. Another recruiter set me up with a face to face to meet with 3 managers. Upon arriving, I found out that emergencies came up with 2 of the managers, another manager had to be found for the interview. I guess I was not on the schedule. We did a Skype with another manager but I could not see her. I could have just spoke to her by phone. All appeared not interested in interviewing!

I followed up and got a call back from a new recruiter that I was still under consideration for the position but later never heard back from anyone. To this date, after a couple of months, I have not received any final feedback on whether I am still under consideration or if the position has been filled. It would have been nice to receive a call or email, instead of being left hanging after investing a lot of time in the interview process with this company.

Intern Interview

Interview

By far the worst interview I have done. The HR was great, reached out to me and set up everything nicely. The hiring manager at the day of the interview was late to the virtual interview about 20 mins. He was at home dressed in a regular shirt, had absolutely no knowledge of my background (I doubt he even looked at my resume ahead). & Started off with telling me my background was not what they are looking for after I introduced myself...... Why would you list you are looking for someone with engineering background if you are not? He also don't have an clear idea what interns will be doing, and not even a good idea on some of the description he wrote. The whole time he was rude and put a lot of comments that are not very nice. I have experienced a lot of interviews & had three previous internships when I'm in college, so I think my fustration is relatively reasonable.

I don't know what other people's experience is with the interview, but good luck to you!

Sales and Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, then follow-up phone interview and went on to have two on-site interviews - one with several members of the team and one with the person I would be answering to directly. Overall the interviews were pretty standard.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Typical interview. Explained the day to day functions of the department. Discussed short and long term business plans. Wanted an example of how I was able to resolve a difficult customer issue in the past. I received an email 2 weeks later that they had selected a different candidate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (New York, NY).

Interview

Preliminary interview followed by on site interview. The first one was formal and the second one was a mix of formal and casual. Average level of difficulty. Met the team.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick this company   1 Answer

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process is like another piece of data, and I believe it's a glimpse into how a company runs and what it will be like to work there.

First you have a phone interview with the HR manager, and then a phone interview with the hiring manager, and if that goes well, they ask you to come in for a in-person portfolio review with the team (6 people) + 4 additional 1:1 interviews.

Afterwards, I never heard back from anyone, even after I emailed a follow-up - which is frustrating after you spend personal and working time to prepare and interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you ... failed, or had bad results, how did you overcome it.... very typical corporate America questions. Basically, they are looking to hear the right things, so you fit within their environment. You know make this stuff up, and turn your negatives into a positive.   2 Answers

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was pretty technical. Hr person contacted and asked for availability. Then hiring manager called for a phone interview. We spent more than 30 mins on the resume and he was pretty happy. I could see during process. Even before we hangup he offered me to come on site for a full interview. That was my first interview but I did preparw pretty hard and passed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

Phone screening by the recruiter and hiring manager. Came onsite to do an in person interview with 6 people and a lunch with the team. All the interviewers were very technical.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions around mobile technologies and understanding of handset related issues.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They did not reimburse me for traveling 150 miles to the nearest airport. I had to repeatedly explain to their representative the location of the nearest airport to my location. They were clearly more interested in hiring someone who was a good talker, than they were interested in someone with good engineering skills.

Interview Questions

• They wanted me to use a Smith Chart to determine impedances for matching.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2016.

Interview

I meet them at a career conference in March, but did not hear back from them until May. Once the interviews started everything moved quicker. The recruiter was pretty accommodating, and wanted to make sure that you had a fair shot at answer moving forward in the process

Interview Questions

• Taking a number, n ,(such as 12345) and being able to store each digit in an array.   Answer Question

A week after the offer they decided to cancel the internship program.