Motorola Mobility Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Motorola Mobility Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2018

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me a month or so before graduation. There was a video chat interview where there was one goggle doc based programming question to find out different permutations of a give string. Then after that there was one more phone interview which consisted of a bunch of oral technical questions, no coding involved. Then they flew me out to their HQ in chicago where I went through 4 rounds of technical interviews. I aced almost all of them except for one where I faltered. After a couple of days the recruiter called saying that I did very well but they would rather hire a phD grad.

Interview Questions

• For a given 2d bitmap, find out the end points of a region that has only 1s and return true if those end points form a rectangle.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in June 2010.

Interview

The interview process was nothing special. It was a face to face interview followed by telephonic interview. As it was my first job, they asked question from my MS courses.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Human resource people about 30 minutes. He just asked me some questions to know about my fluency in English. Then, he set up a phone interview for me. An interviewer called me and he ask some algorithms related to String matching and also about time complexity.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was mainly about algorithm questions, but with 6 different people.

Interview Questions

• I spent a lot of tim eon the first question.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I have applied the job through a recruiter. And the process is quite fast. Set up a online code interview. Was asked for the top k elements question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Horsham, PA) in March 2009.

Interview

Interview was re-scheduled twice. Second time because the HR person forgot to actually schedule it. HR people seem to not care. Interviewed with 3 people for a total of about 2 hours. Only one person asked technical questions. No questions were asked regarding my desired salary, start date, etc. People were somewhat friendly. Dress code is casual, many people wear jeans. Managers have offices, other people have cubicles.

Interview Questions

• One person asked about details of a project from 12 years ago (I worked on at least 10 projects since then).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (San Diego, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Initial phone interview with hiring manager, followed by on site interview with staff members.
    Mostly questions on wireless technologies CDMA, Embedded systems, rtos, c and c++.
    staff is very knowledgeable and do not provide feedback during interview.
    Job offer at the door via fedex two days after interview. HR is super fast if hiring manager and team give the thumbs-up

Interview Questions

• What is a context switch and give an example   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, negotiaded more stocks in lieu of signing bonus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

After a telephone call from HR, I was called for a interview. There were 2 people on the panel. The interview was for an hour. The questions ranged from kinds of antennas, antenna designs, matlab. For some questions, they asked me to give them a pictorial representation of an antenna system. They also tested my knowledge in JAVA and C++ with basic questions. More details will be asked about your latest project. You have to be very prepared for that. The interview ended with questions on location preferences and any questions form my side. Be prepared to ask them questions which show your interest in the company.

Interview Questions

• What is the relation between gain and beamwidth?   1 Answer
    • What are the techniques for feeding an antenna?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

first there would be paper testings, then if you passed there would be 2 rounds of interviews, all technical interviews, then there would be an hr interview and boss interview followed.

Interview Questions

• those are usually technical questions, need to prepare the most common programming related questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Libertyville, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

One phone interview. Phone interview was largely technical, asked to answer some basic data structure/algorithm problems. Interviewing engineer seemed friendly, ended the interview with some non-technical questions. I thought the interview went fairly well, based on my answers to the questions. But I was called the next day, and told that I was not longer being considered for the position. Overall, not the best experience, not the worst.

Interview Questions

• Asked how to implement a binary search tree, with support for insert and delete operations.   1 Answer