Mount Sinai Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.5

Business Development (Licensing) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY).

Interview

I sincerely liked the people I met -- however there is something wrong internally -- perhaps politics, territoriality....inexperience? The interview process lacked a level of sophistication for the type of role -- I suspect a high degree of analysis paralysis. Too many people in the interview process as well -- seemed like overkill to me. Then lots of radio silence after misleading communications.

Downsides: Slow, misinformed, poorly communicated process and information about the role that ultimately left me with the decision that I would not take the position even if offered.

Good things: I think people are well intentioned and the science is good. But it has a reputation for being a difficult place to work.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to come work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The woman I interviewed with was rude and condescending. She barely took her eyes off her computer to stand up and shake my hand after the interview. The interview was not a conversation, she ticked off questions on a sheet of paper, wrote my responses down, and was distracted by her computer screen while I was speaking. Did not provide any feedback on my responses, just would move to the next question. At the end of the interview, she directed my questions to the other person in the room and went on her computer. I withdrew from consideration for the position immediately after the interview. I wouldn't work with that woman for all the money in the world. On a positive note, I had a screening call with a very friendly Talent Acquisition Sourcing Strategist before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Why do you want this position?
      What kind of person are you?
      What is your greatest weakness?
      How do you deal with criticism?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Executive Director Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Meet with 1 doctor, 1 head nurse, and 1 head of administration
    Many questions were asked in regards to what kind of work is to do done and what is expected of the person who will accept the position

Interview Questions

• How do you handle frustration? And frustrated employees.   Answer Question

Dietary Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY).

Interview

It was different process than how it is now. But it was a good experience. I went to Human Resource and waited for my turn to be called and I met my recruiter and we spoke and he said don’t disappoint him.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System in September 2017.

Interview

Started with asking about yourself and what your future goals are. Very casual interview over phone. Asked interview questions and then talked about the project that the coordinator position covered.

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview , all she told me was the benefits to the position and asked me basic questions about my current position. She also asked me question about my day to day my schedule and the hours I am able to work. She told me I would hear back from them but never did.

Patient Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with two different hiring managers at the same time, one asked questions, the other mostly wrote notes. They seem to be looking more for a good fit for their environment.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process did not focus so much on my experience as it relates to the position and what it entailed as it was more about my ability to answer a series of trick questions to their liking. Also was more of an interrogation with multiple people interjecting in between.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a roof fell off a house and was broken and you had no resources to fix it?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Series of interviews with a small team; interviews went well and hiring manager then contacted my references, but then suddenly blew off my references and over weeks did not respond to my emails again or those of my references. This is disrespectful and unprofessional to my references. References are senior managers who volunteer their time to help future employers. I withdrew from the process. HR should manage their hiring managers better if this is happening.

Interview Questions

• Technical skills but interviewer didn't really know what was involved himself.   1 Answer

Financial Manager II Urology Interview

Application

Interview

The Administrative Manager cancelled interview twice. No apologies offered. When we Finally met, he was very unpleasant and condescending. He berated how busy he was that morning and he rushed through the interview questions. I felt unwelcome and my time was unappreciated by the recruiter and the department. No response yet after 2 months!