Mount Sinai Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2018

2.5

Patient Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted online by an hr representative and she gave me her number and I called her she did a brief questioning and set me up for an interview. Between the phone interview and the real interview in person was like a month between. I have been contacting her to remind her about me and she said not to worry she hasn't forgot about me it's just he timing when hey need to fill the position was here yet. She fit called and I came in for an interview there i interviewed with her and the nurse manager on the floor it went great and with her so she sent me down the block to my actual floor I was going to work in. I met with the nurse manager and we had an interview and he gave me an envelope n i took it back to the hr lady and she opened it and she said he hired you i was so happy hen from there I had my new beginning training and started my lovely job

Interview Questions

• Did I ever work with children and about my training and prior positions.   1 Answer

Patient Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

It was at Beth Israel Medical Center, It was a two-part interview. First time I was interviewed for the emergency department. A couple of weeks later I was called for another interview on one of the units. The interview was set up with the Nurse Manager, a senior RN and a senior PCA. I was asked a series of question such as; have I ever worked in a hospital setting before, why did I choose that hospital, what type of experience i have as far as working with patient. The interview was approximately an hour long. Afterwards I was taken on a tour of the unit I currently work on. About 1 or2 weeks later I was called for the position.

Interview Questions

• why did i choose this hospital   1 Answer

Patient Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with two different hiring managers at the same time, one asked questions, the other mostly wrote notes. They seem to be looking more for a good fit for their environment.

Patient Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Took very long, met with talent coordinators, then met with hr, then met with the supervisor of the dept I would end up working in. Once I met the supervisor it as all pretty informal, supervisor did most of the talking, seemed like I had the job before the interview.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly. The environment was nice. The questions were job related to why you would like to work for patients and such. The talent team inquires and asks a couple of questions. Then they send you to the department that you have applied for.

Patient Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY).

Interview

The recruiter on the phone was very nice and professional. He called me on Tuesday evening for an interview on Thursday, However I met with a hiring manager the day of the interview. The interview lasted about 5-10 minutes max. She was very disengaged and seemed uninterested in interviewing me at all. She claimed that she was having IT issues staring at her computer the entire time She asked a couple of questions about my previous roles and how do I handle stress and that's about it. She didn't ask me any further questions or asked if I had any questions for her. At that point I knew that this wasn't the place for me.

Per Diem RN Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System in August 2014.

Interview

Facility held an "open interview day"/job fair. Received brief phone screen after interview day and then met with nurse manager. And then with 3 different staff members with different job titles(RN, nurse's aid and security)

Interview Questions

• The usual, state a difficult challenge to overcome, future plans,   Answer Question

Performance Improvement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position on the company's online portal. I received a phone call for a 15 minute interview from the HR Representative and then I recieved a phone interview from the director of the department. However I feel that the phone interview wasn't completed in good faith. I understand that Mount Sinai's HR Department can't respond to every applicant- I'm not sure how they can't unless there are less than five people in the department, but I understand it. However, I feel that once you are selected for an interview with Senior Management from the Department, you should receive a response from the company regarding whether you were hired or not. The Director of the Department to this day has never responded to my candidacy, even though I emailed him twice in order to make an inquiry. When I spoke with a HR representative inquiring about my candidacy, she advised me that it was against their policy to respond to specific inquiries and that they can't respond to such inquiries, even if they were called by Senior Management.

Interview Questions

• Describe you experience as it relates to the position.   1 Answer

Assistant Research Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

One day interview starting with a job interview talk followed by a series of meetings with various people.

Negotiation

Given the high living cost, more compensation is needed.

Assistant Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

some behavioral questions, asked to see my previous work

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you struggled learning a new skill and how did you respond?   Answer Question