Mount Sinai Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.5

Patient Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY).

Interview

The recruiter on the phone was very nice and professional. He called me on Tuesday evening for an interview on Thursday, However I met with a hiring manager the day of the interview. The interview lasted about 5-10 minutes max. She was very disengaged and seemed uninterested in interviewing me at all. She claimed that she was having IT issues staring at her computer the entire time She asked a couple of questions about my previous roles and how do I handle stress and that's about it. She didn't ask me any further questions or asked if I had any questions for her. At that point I knew that this wasn't the place for me.

Residency Program Coordinator, Surgery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY).

Interview

I've never been compelled to write a review on this site, but I feel strongly enough to do so in this case. I had such a negative interview experience with this company that I declined moving forward. I think what most companies (and their representatives) forget is that we, the potential employees, are also interviewing them and that if you make us feel unwelcome from the very beginning, we will not want to work for you no matter how qualified we are. Or how much we may need a job. I was personally attacked by my interviewer who was extremely negative the entire time from the get go and yet her HR department called me in for the interview!!! I've never experienced something this absurd and I've been on many interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why are there discrepancies on your resume?   1 Answer

IT Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System.

Interview

Met through FIU career fair, then attended to a presentation ( they explain what they do and tell you a little of what you are going to be doing), then got contacted to take the EPIC skill test from which then they contact you if you pass so they can do an interview.

Lab Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City Suburban Acreage, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (Kansas City Suburban Acreage, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

Called in for an interview, but was rescheduled. Came in for the rescheduled day of the interview, interviewed with HR for about 15 minutes. Transferred with a second interview with the lab manager and supervisor. Ended with a tour of the lab.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Left resume with nurse manager approximately a month before I was notified of interest. Interview setup was done by email as I had previous contact with the interviewer. The interviewer was only the nurse manager for the unit.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a bothersome coworker?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System.

Interview

Interviewed with the Director and Supervisor of my department along with another Director of another Department. It was pretty easy. Just walked in and said I had an interview and they sat me in the conference room. The process after your interview is pretty lengthy with HR. This is weeks of online process along with dates to get medically cleared. All worth it though.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System.

Interview

I applied by emailing the PI. Interviewed with the PI and senior scientists in the group. The process is casual and basic questions. Very pleasant experience.
    But Sinai does not sponsor H1b on this position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The woman I interviewed with was rude and condescending. She barely took her eyes off her computer to stand up and shake my hand after the interview. The interview was not a conversation, she ticked off questions on a sheet of paper, wrote my responses down, and was distracted by her computer screen while I was speaking. Did not provide any feedback on my responses, just would move to the next question. At the end of the interview, she directed my questions to the other person in the room and went on her computer. I withdrew from consideration for the position immediately after the interview. I wouldn't work with that woman for all the money in the world. On a positive note, I had a screening call with a very friendly Talent Acquisition Sourcing Strategist before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Why do you want this position?
      What kind of person are you?
      What is your greatest weakness?
      How do you deal with criticism?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Executive Director Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Meet with 1 doctor, 1 head nurse, and 1 head of administration
    Many questions were asked in regards to what kind of work is to do done and what is expected of the person who will accept the position

Interview Questions

• How do you handle frustration? And frustrated employees.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mount Sinai Health System in October 2017.

Interview

Received an email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was set for the following week. Recruiter called on time and asked basic questions. He seemed really tired cause I heard him yawn at least three times. At the end of the phone screen he said he would let me know in the following week if I had been chosen to move on. Sent a follow up email the week after the phone screen. Never heard from him again. It’s been 2 months.