Muscular Dystrophy Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Muscular Dystrophy Association Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.9

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Interview

I completed the online application and uploaded my resume. Within one week, I received an email requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was very standard, fairly informal and less than thirty minutes. We primarily discussed and expanded on the information provided in my resume. Within a few days, I was invited to do an in-person interview; however I declined due to accepting another offer.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. You get a brief overview of MDA. Then from there they begin asking for candidates to introduce themselves one by one. After introductions, they do an icebreaker to see how you'd rebut certain decline situations, you may come across. They ask candidates to think of something you like and then to sell it to them.

Interview Questions

• How would you try to change the mind of someone who stated they aren't interested in the event?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

You had to interview and then present a paper or powerpoint about yourself/work ethic to the hiring manager and another person who was skyped in. Really awkward, like bragging about yourself after already bragging about yourself. You could tell they just wanted anyone with a degree. They got even more excited to know I had a fundraising background.

Interview Questions

• I really don't remember any questions they asked me, other than about myself and then present myself to them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

It took a week to get a response from my online application and then it was a request to select an interview date and time. The initial "interview" was via telephone with a young woman who sounded like this was her first job. I was not asked anything about my qualifications, she talked at me about what she called "the good, the bad and the ugly". She talked about paying expenses before getting reimbursed and having to work through weekends. It sounds to me like the job for the executive director is a management position rather than leadership and that they don't want anyone with deep qualifications in the nonprofit sector because we would challenge things. I was told I would receive an email detailing the benefits, and 2 weeks later nothing has arrived. I mentioned my salary requirement, which is moderate considering my experience and education and I'm sure that's why I have heard nothing more from this company. I've accepted an offer from a company that has ran an organized interviewing and selection process as well as understanding the competitive rates of pay in this area. No longer interested in MDA as a potential employer.

Interview Questions

• I really was not asked any questions during the initial "interview".   Answer Question

Resource Specialist: Remote Bilingual Interview

Interview

I submitted an online application for the position and got back an email expressing interest sometime later from a recruiter, asking me to complete a pre-screening application. I did, and didn't hear a thing back. Waited a couple weeks, then emailed the recruiter asking for a status, where I stood in the process, SOMETHING. Crickets. Such unprofessional behavior does not look favorably on the MDA, and probably was the red flag I needed to signal that this is an organization I probably need to avoid. Beyond disappointing!

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in May 2016.

Interview

Absolutely lovely interview. Amazing office. Amazing interviewers. Very laid back, kind and progressive thinking staffers.
    Professional from start to finish.
    The people at the MDA offices are amazing for what they do and how efficiently they do it- they work for such a good cause and bring so much joy to an office place. The interview I had was one of no complaints, very conversational in format.

HCSC Interview

Interview

In depth - lots of questions about fundraising successes and why you want to work for the organization. They want to make sure that the people who work for their organization are committed to the families and mission.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge you've faced with a volunteer and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted for a phone interview by the divisional HR manager. Before the interview I was asked to complete a questionnaire. The phone interview expanded upon the questions, and I was offered an in person interview for the following week. I had a one-on-one interview with the Executive Director at the Chicago office. I was asked to present a sponsorship pitch for the Muscle Walk, and there were also a lot of behavioral questions. Overall it was a very conversational interview. It took a few weeks to hear back after that, but eventually I was offered a 2nd phone interview with the Regional Director. It was very laid back, and I was asked a few more questions specific to the job description. Two weeks later I received a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have had to meet a goal. What are the steps you took to meet this goal, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Family Support and Clinical Care Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in May 2016.

Interview

Lengthy. Three telephone interviews and one face to face and a regional director that skyped in. Interviews all were favorable and I was told that I would be a great fit for the position. When I left the last interview I was told that I would hear from them in the next day or two. I sent a "thank you for meeting with me" email to both interviewers but heard nothing in response. I waited a week and then sent emails of inquiry to both in person interviewers and to the HR individual that I had been corresponding with previously. I heard nothing back. EVER!!

Completely unprofessional and I was extremely disappointed. Not a professional organization.

Interview Questions

• Share a time where things did not work out the way you thought they would and how did you fix or make it better.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The initial interview was a phone screen with the HR Rep. She soon after sent a questionnaire with about 8-10 questions; none of which pertained to the job I was applying for. The questions on the form were pretty straight forward. After, that I was selected to do a face to face with the hiring manager and VP. The questions were redundant and mostly behavioral. They informed me that it was a new process (that was evident). Also I had to prepare a 3-5 minute presentation. Now this would have been easier had the scenario I was presenting on not been ENTIRELY different than what I actually had in the interview. I was, fortunately, quick on my feet and made it work. I was not terribly confident I would be moving on but I was invited for a 3rd interview with the National Director. Same questions as before except there weren't quite as many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when "this" happened? How did you overcome?
      What is your experience working with healthcare professionals?
      Answer Question