NHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.8

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DuBois, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NHS (DuBois, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interviewer asked me 9-10 fairly standard interview questions, and then the interview was over. The whole process was less than an hour; and he was very nice. He told me he was impressed with my interview, however, I have experience in this field. And they would call me when they had a client that matched the hours I desired.

Programmer Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NHS in June 2013.

Interview

Competency based interview with a panel of three, with twenty minutes prior to the interview to prepare a five minute presentation that was conducted informally. Interview lasted approximately forty-five minutes.

Interview Questions

• Please give me an example of when you have had to adapt your approach to get your point across?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary.

Tss Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NHS (York, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview went fast. They were very informative and have a good overview of the job. They were dressed professionally and the environment was clean and quiet. They were friendly as well. They asked about strengths, weaknesses and how you handle stress. Also great if you mention you have patience.

Domestic Assistant Interview

Interview

Completed an online application was invited to an interview session quite a while later, probably about 2 months. Interview involved completing short written literacy and numeracy tests then about 10 questions with a manager.

Interview Questions

• What sort of attributes would be needed for a good domestic assistant?   Answer Question

Payroll Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS.

Interview

Online application through NHS website. Invited to interview a week later. After a short tour of the office, two interviewers asked standard questions about my experience, what I knew about the NHS, my strenghts, weaknesses, ect.

Audio Typist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Sheffield, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied for job via NHS website. Notified of interview several weeks after closing date. I was on time for interview but was kept waiting. Two people on panel asked brief questions. Typing test after interview. The job application specified that you did not need medical terminology knowledge. However, the typing test was full of complex medical terminology, medication names that you could not possibly know unless you were a Dr or had specifically worked in that Dept for several years. Very unfair test which wasted my time and theirs. I withdrew my application based solely on this; I felt my lack of knowledge in this respect would hinder me in the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, either professionally or personally.
      How do your transferable skills match the job.   Answer Question

Assistant Physicist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NHS.

Interview

Asked about the Values of the NHS Trust.
    Asked about the Job Description and what it entails
    Describe examples of how two of the Values applies to you
    Why do you want to apply for this role

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS.

Interview

I submitted CV online, was emailed a date of a welcome day and a testing day. Once I passed these stages I was invited to an interview at the hospital.

Pre-registration Pharmacy Technician Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NHS (Nottingham, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

There was 3 people interviewing you which was quite intimidating however, they were really kind and understanding.
    They was asking a lot of questions based on the person specification and job description.

Interview Questions

• Have you read the job description? If so what do you like most about what you will be doing?   1 Answer

Dietetic Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Brief computer based test then successful candidates brought back to have a short interview with a panel that asked competency based questions that reflected the job description and person specification. All took around 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you possess that make you suitable for this role?   Answer Question