NHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.8

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DuBois, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NHS (DuBois, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interviewer asked me 9-10 fairly standard interview questions, and then the interview was over. The whole process was less than an hour; and he was very nice. He told me he was impressed with my interview, however, I have experience in this field. And they would call me when they had a client that matched the hours I desired.

Programmer Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NHS in June 2013.

Interview

Competency based interview with a panel of three, with twenty minutes prior to the interview to prepare a five minute presentation that was conducted informally. Interview lasted approximately forty-five minutes.

Interview Questions

• Please give me an example of when you have had to adapt your approach to get your point across?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary.

Tss Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NHS (York, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview went fast. They were very informative and have a good overview of the job. They were dressed professionally and the environment was clean and quiet. They were friendly as well. They asked about strengths, weaknesses and how you handle stress. Also great if you mention you have patience.

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS.

Interview

Log on to NHS Jobs to apply. It does take few weeks to get back that you successfully shortlisted though. Often they indicate application closing date. The recruitment process thus take about a month as you have to go through security checks and the rest.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us?, Ethnicity and diversity, Tell me about yourself, I believe it's a question to calm you down and get you started as it was the opening question.   1 Answer
    • What skills can you bring to the office   1 Answer

Data Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NHS (Leicester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application and supporting information. A few weeks later sent an email asking to come in just under a week. Required to complete a 30 minute test then a 5+ minute presentation of results. Interview with 3 members all asking questions which were difficult and job spec based. Around 10 questions asked and after the process time to ask them questions was also given.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is more important, quality or deadline?   Answer Question

Health Informatics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Leeds, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Before the interview I was seated in an area with other applicants and current members of the grad scheme who were there to answer any questions we had. Unfortunately, the noise from the room made it quite difficult to relax and get into the right frame of mind for the interview.

I was interviewed by two people and the questions largely focused around my motivations for wanting to work with the NHS, why was I right for the position, what research I had done, and I was asked to give 3-4 different examples.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the NHS?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the NHS and the graduate scheme?   Answer Question
    • What research have you done? What was the most interesting thing you found?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you set yourself a goal and met it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you worked in a team under pressure.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Ok. It was fine, I don't really know what else to tell you. I was not that bothered either way. Is this enough words?? Oh I don't think it is. There was running water, and lights. So many lights. It rained that day, and I had to get the bus. My socks were soaked through but I had to pretend they weren't. It was a pretty harrowing experience actually.

General Management Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The process involved a range of online tests, including personality profiler, situational strengths test, and standard psychometric tests (numeric, verbal, spatial reasoning). This was then followed by a face-to-face interview with two NHS managers. The interview lasted 35 minutes and included a range of strength-based questions, based on elements of the NHS Leadership Model. The next - and final - stage if I am successful is an assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the biggest challenge of working in the NHS as part of the Management Scheme?   Answer Question

Patient Access/Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Wycombe, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (High Wycombe, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

One interview of Panel of 3 but only 2 showed up. Greeted by lead nurse, lovely lady, then the Manager greeted me who came across as not wanting to be there. Told me to do a test, not mentioned before the interview so could not prepare. Phone would ring during the test of which you had to answer and deal with call. Rang on 3 occasions. Test was reading a script and them questions on it. Patient coding questions. This was followed on by an hour of alternate questions by the panel. The manager showed no enthusiasm, clearly she did not want to be there. She was putting me off of the role but she was based in another hospital so I thought I could tolerate her the few times our paths would cross. Interview was approx. 1hr 15min.

Interview Questions

• If a patient enquired about another patient they had befriended over the period of time they had had treatment how would you respond.   1 Answer
    • What made you apply for the role and what attracted you to it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NHS in January 2017.

Interview

i applied online from nhs website. i was Interviewed by a three senior members of staff.informal general questions , each member of the panel had a series of questions to ask. I received notification less than a week later that i had been successful.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a complaint phone call.   1 Answer