NVR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NVR

3.1

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVR (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

Two different interviews. First with a panel of 2 or 3 people, if liked you will move to the second round. Nothing out of the ordinary, really informal, not intimidating like some panel interviews can be. Branch Manager in Beltsville is excellent!

Interview Questions

• Will ask more about your behavior and working style then your experience. Really want to know who you are as a employee and person.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Interview

Over the phone interview and online questionnaire. First one was with the recruiter, then I had to complete the online questionnaire and a week later I had a phone interview with the office managers.

Production Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVR.

Interview

Very quick and professional application process. The initial interview was very positive, and very friendly. The hiring manager was very polite, and interested in getting a holistic view of me, not just my past work experience, but my hobbies, and lifestyle to assess if I was a good fit for the company. An overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself such as hobbies, interests, etc. Essentially what makes you tick.   Answer Question

Senior Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brecksville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVR (Brecksville, OH) in September 2018.

Interview

This was one of the strangest interviews I've had in a while. The recruiter said that a $60,000 salary for experienced professionals like myself is not out of the question. The recruiter also said that since I live 40 miles from the office I could work from home on days where the winter weather is really bad.

The interview was set for Thursday September 7th from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. I was told that I would be interviewing with three different sets of people and then if selected I would have an offer either that day or the following day.

I arrived at the interview 10-15 minutes early and the interview started on time. The two women that interviewed me were very nice and presented themselves in a very professional manner. We spoke about what I currently do for the company I work for and went over the rest of my resume. They said they were impressed by my skills and asked if I would be open to future management or underwriting rolls as they present themselves. I of course said yes.
    I asked them about the work form home option in bad weather and they said that was NOT an option. This was an odd moment in the interview process as I was told this was not a problem by the recruiter. It appears the Branch Manager is dead set against people working from home (That's what I was told). That's hard to believe because more and more companies are allowing underwriters and processors to work from home as these are jobs that don't need to be done in an office environment so that was disappointing to hear.

After a 30 minute discussion one of the managers left to get the 2nd line interview set up. She came back and said that person had an emergency meeting and wanted to do a phone interview I said that was fine. I tried to schedule it at that time but said the recruiter would schedule it within the next 24 hours.

At that point I thanked them for their time and said I'm looking forward to the phone interviews and they indicated that they were very sorry for the last minute change in schedule.

This is where the odd part really comes in. I called the recruiter and let her know what happened. She said she would call the company in a few moments to get the 2nd interview scheduled. Instead of a call I got an e-mail from the recruiter that they decided not to make an offer to me because I wanted to work at home during snow storms where travel would be very dangerous considering I'm 40 miles away and that the $60,000 salary was too high that I was requesting. I then got a call at 6:30pm from someone that said they were with NVR and wanted to schedule a phone interview for today (September 7th) for 11:00am ??? I told her that I just got an e-mail 3-4 hours previously that I was declined and now I'm being reconsidered. She was confused as much as I was ?? I tried calling the recruiter back to clear this up but she never called me back or responded in an e-mail to the call I got.

I don't blame NVR for this at all. They have their ways they want to do business and that's fine. I have several recruiters that reach out to me every 30-45 days to see If I'm looking to make a switch in jobs. Because there was so much miscommunication and confusion during the interview process I felt really uneasy about it and If I'm going to make a switch in my job I need to feel good about it and this one seems like nobody knew what the other one was doing. It was extremely disorganized.

Interview Questions

• During your 25 years in the field of finance what has been your greatest achievement ?   2 Answers

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NVR in September 2018.

Interview

Skills assessment and personality test, lots of behavioral questions. Process was a little slow but fair. Individuals seemed very sharp, but very matter of fact. Be careful not to be lulled into a sense of comfort by this. They are very attentive to what you say and will dig in on resume specifics.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at NVR (Reston, VA) in July 2018.

Interview

Process was not difficult, seemed more like a feeling out process as I had more experience than the position required. Seemed to be a position not fitted for someone looking for advancement.

Interview Questions

• Are you bothered by a tedious or repetitious process?   1 Answer

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Charlotte, NC) in June 2018.

Interview

Long and thorough, extensive . Phone interview: spoke with underwriting manager —- she asked questions about different mortgage products to be sure you knew your stuff. Then an in person interview with 2 UW managers. Interview lasted about an 1 1/2 hour(s). A lot of questions pertaining to underwriting , technical , case by case scenario etc. 1 week later was offered a position , tentative on passing of background and drug test . Took about another week to complete.

Interview Questions

• Questions varied between FHA, Conventional , & VA products   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Front Royal, VA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Front Royal, VA).

Interview

Started with a 30 minute phone screening to determine interest. After that, there was a logic and personality test that took about an hour to do. If you moved on from that point, you went in for an in-person interview with 3 project managers that was about 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time in which you had to act under pressure? What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVR in May 2018.

Interview

Contacted via cold call by a recruiter in New York. We had a lengthy conversation about an origination role with the mortgage arm of Ryan Homes. Completed an application. Had a follow-up phone interview with the recruiter. Met in-person with the managers in the branch. Had a weird online assessment to take. Received an offer about a week later.

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

Was called by a recruiter from Contemporary Staffing who lied to me and will not return my calls. I went to an interview with NVR and the role was highly misrepresented to me. Still have not been contacted back by Victoria.