KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

NVR Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 129 of over 129 interviews

Recruiter17%
Employee Referral12%
HardAverageEasy

NVR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVR

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, the first being with a recruiter, the second with the person that will be directly over you (I got asked some technical questions here). The third with 3 managers and I got asked some technical questions here as well. Fairly positive interview experience, a few red flags here and there though.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want this job?
    Answer Question

NVR

Application

I interviewed at NVR

Interview

After submittal of application, received an email asking to schedule an over-the-phone interview with a recruiter. After the phone call, was asked to do two pre-employment assessments. Then a video call interview with a hiring manager. After that, an in person interview with a panel of 3 managers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about NVR

Join the conversation on

Confession

4m

a

Producer

This is just an observation not a determination on a generation. But a lot of early 20 somethings nvr got popped n the mouth as kids and it shows.

54 Comments

Join the conversation on

NVR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NVR in May 2022

Interview

Good ol boys, racist feeling place. Everyone in the office is white, male, and wears a golf polo. Not much diversity outside this sadly. Interviewer was not pleasant from the outset, seemed unimpressed, albeit I answered all his questions well, and am extremely qualified. Top 20 MBA school, 8 years of finance experienced, and matched the job description. Only thing I could think of was that I’m Hispanic? Interviewer seemed more focus on my “job hopping” although ive been 4 companies (all large and well known) over12 years.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NVR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NVR in Apr 2022

Interview

The interviewer was friendly not intimidating and well informed. Process was not super structured and easy. Email communication was the preferred method which I liked. Offer was not extended however the declination was kind.

Interview Questions
  • Only behavioral questions were asked.

NVR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NVR in Apr 2022

Interview

Interview via Jobot - got a call from an individual who seemed bored . Questions were canned , I could tell she was reading off of a questionnaire. Had no interest in what i was saying, kept typing the answers in the computer. I have no idea what she entered in their system. Affiliated with Jobot, another site posting imaginary underwriting jobs daily for the sole purpose of collecting resumes .

Interview Questions
  • Do you have an active DE/SAR? when is the last time you used it ? tell me about a difficult situation and how you handled it etc

NVR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at NVR

Interview

First step is being called by a recruiter. Second step is fifteen minute interview with an HR representative over the phone. Third step is an in-person hour long panel interview where they take a deep dive into your resume and ask you 30 STAR format questions afterwards.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NVR

Application

I interviewed at NVR

Interview

Was called shortly after my application was submitted and was given the ins and outs of the process and talked to with respect. Compared to other companies, this one treats potential employees very well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NVR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at NVR in Dec 2021

Interview

Initial call with recruiter was great. First interview was with two managers that were easy to talk to. A few red flags about travel came up and use of my vehicle. these two were never disclosed to me during the recruiter's call. Went into the second interview where more information changed which was another red flag for me. was offered the job but still wanted questions answered that were not hammered out fully during the interviews. Was sent an offer letter which I signed. Another email came through that stated time frames bout drug tests/background check etc. While working on my background check, my drug test email never came through and I missed the window of letting my recruiter know. Had one last phone call with the recruiter where she was going to look into it and follow up and that was it. multiple phone calls with the manager of the dept advising me to "keep on her". I was given advice to give her one more day and the manager would go from there. Didn't her back from the manager again and 3 weeks later HR called and advised me that once the offer is made, the recruiter is pretty much out of the picture and the manager should have known that. at this point, there was nothing that could be done except reapply. No thank you. Red flag 1: Was never told I had to use my own car by the recruiter until first interview. Red flag 2: First interview told me I would be perfect working in a new development going near my house soon. Sounded Great! Was told i would have to drive an hour and a half to the office once every couple weeks. Red Flag 3: Second interview advised meetings could be remote and maybe once a month in the office. Not so bad but not was I was told in the first interview. Red Flag 4: My work close to home would change and would be looking to send me to developments an hour tops from my house and "we could talk about the new developments by my house when they get to that stage" Red Flag 5: Given was partly my fault but communication was horrendous once I missed that drug test window. It should not take over 3 weeks for HR to call and say the manager should have basically know better. Red Flag 6: I actually spoke with someone via linkedin who was in the same position who told me they were so short staffed, he was driving over an hour and a half to reach developments. That tells me if they lose someone in an area, you're screwed and now going there. overall they seem like a great company. just make sure you go over EVERYTHING and make sure you pay attention to the man behind the curtain.

Interview Questions
  • Honestly very basic about background and customer service. You are dealing with customers daily so you have to be able to work with difficult customers at time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I interviewed at NVR (Tampa, FL)

Interview

The first round interview consisted of a phone screening. The initial questions asked were very basic and a review of your previous experience as well as a very basic description of the job role and responsibilities. Next round consisted of a mixture of in person and virtual interviews with department managers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVR (Phoenix, AZ)

Interview

The interview was with 3 managers, they were very nice and welcoming. It took like 3-4 hours. You get to have the interview with the managers after you pass a human resource phone call interview and an online test

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 129 Interviews

NVR Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at NVR as 51.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.04 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Production Supervisor and Sales and Marketing Representative rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Loan Processor and Sales Representative roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at NVR takes an average of 24 days when considering 136 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Production Supervisor had the quickest hiring process (on average 20 days), whereas Sales and Marketing Representative roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 36 days).

Common stages of the interview process at NVR according to 136 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 17.84%