NVR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NVR (Franklin, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

There was an online application which after submitted and reviewed, I was sent a link for a personality test and a form for additional information. A few days later there were two phone interviews which was with an individual who did not work in the local office, I believe with HR in their corporate office. After that they scheduled an in person "round robin" interview with people in many positions in the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your background and how will your experience help your performance in this position.   Answer Question

Applications Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVR (Reston, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Had to take 270 question personality test from home, then a timed, seven part logical reasoning test. In both cases, there were many trick questions that kind of weren't fair. The in-person interview was four hours of 30 minute one-on-one interviews without a break, up to seven people total. I ended up explaining the same thing 2-3 different times and began losing my voice by the end. I was given a surprise technical quiz on paper (10 questions) and later a verbal technical quiz. The experience was draining, almost cruel, and ruined me for the rest of the day. Not worth it.

Interview Questions

• Almost all technical questions were about OOP principals that don't really come up in the day-to-day work and are background theory, like "What is SOLID?" You will only pass if you happen to remember the definitions of terms you never think about.   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between a reference and value type?   Answer Question
    • What are the keywords for reference and value types?   Answer Question
    • Identify which of these variables are reference or value types: string, int, decimal, date   1 Answer
    • X = 1. Y = 2. Switch the value between these variables without using another variable.   2 Answers

Capital Markets Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVR in October 2017.

Interview

Had multiple recruiters contact me about applying at NVR. After about the 5th time I decided I would get it a try.
    Initial phone interview with the was very basic and easy. Tried hard to push me towards the loan officer job, but that was not the one I was interested in. Sent me a link to a questionnaire that took about 30-45 minutes to complete. You will need a calculator for it, or you will not do well on the math section.

After the questionnaire I never heard back from NVR. Even after emailing the recruiter. Wasn't really upset about it since I wasn't completely sold on working there, but a little professional courtesy is always appreciated.

Mortgage Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NVR (Canonsburg, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter from New York who presented the role to me and walked me through the process. (Application, PSP Assessment, Interview). He helped me understand why NVR is a great place to work and now I see why. My managers are great people and I will learn much from them.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel the Mortgage Analyst role is one you can see yourself succeeding in?   Answer Question

Mortgage Banker Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting company. I had a brief phone interview and awaited an online assessment. I've been trying to get in contact with the recruiter since then with no luck or answers.

Interview Questions

• What are you looker for in a company?   1 Answer

Mortgage Loan Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NVR (Beltsville, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application on line and I received an email shortly afterwards. The email was to schedule a phone interview. My interview was successful and I was instructed for the next level. I had to take a test that was pretty easy and didn't take that long. After that I got an email stating that I didn't have the experience and that they're looking for someone who fits the job description.

Interview Questions

• What are you goals for the next five years?   1 Answer

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVR in July 2014.

Interview

Initial communications were through HR department and a personality test was given online, then had a phone interview scheduled. Met with 3 manager for over 2 hours. Each interviewer had a different technique and they asked progressively harder questions. The process was very long and answering the same question being asked 3 different ways was frustrating after 2 hours.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVR in May 2018.

Interview

Contacted via cold call by a recruiter in New York. We had a lengthy conversation about an origination role with the mortgage arm of Ryan Homes. Completed an application. Had a follow-up phone interview with the recruiter. Met in-person with the managers in the branch. Had a weird online assessment to take. Received an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVR.

Interview

Saw a LinkedIn sponsored ad outlining the role for a Builder Loan Officer and applied. The next morning I was contacted by a StraussGroup recruitment firm. Learned more about the role and was eager to work for such a strong company. After a few phone interviews and an assessment, I met with the management and was offered a role two weeks later./

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience dealing with tough customers.   Answer Question

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at NVR (Reston, VA) in July 2018.

Interview

Process was not difficult, seemed more like a feeling out process as I had more experience than the position required. Seemed to be a position not fitted for someone looking for advancement.

Interview Questions

• Are you bothered by a tedious or repetitious process?   1 Answer