National Instruments Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Instruments Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Interview

Sad, cuz I did crap, but the questions are really quite basic. They helped me a little bit on the process. But I did really terrible on the process. So prepare prepare guys!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Troy, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

National instruments made an info session in the college that I study and I attended. After the presentation some recruiters stayed there and chat with us. They gave us more details about the job and took our resumes with no need to apply online.

Two weeks after it I received and email inviting for a campus interview. The interview took about 40 minutes and we went through technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• They worked with me through the process of how to implement a system to record a person voice in a computer. They asked the question as stages like, "What would you use?" very general then they asked "But the computer would be able to read the microphone directly?" which was even a tip to know that should put a converter since the microphone output is analog and the computer is only able to read digital signals.

It was also asked a pretty basic question about software that was "given an array not ordered which numbers in the range 1-100, suppose it is missing a number how would you proceed to know which number is missing?"

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments in September 2015.

Interview

Behavioral questions at the beginning (including experience and projects you've done) followed by a couple of technical questions at the end. Interviewer was really nice and told me exactly what type of employee NI is looking for.

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (College Station, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly simple. The technical questions were on RC circuits and signal conditioning. There was a question about my project and how I solved a problem that I faced in my project. There were a few questions about my leadership qualities and how I have exhibited them. The interview experience was pleasant and the interviewer made me feel very comfortable.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

Got an on Campus Interview on next day of the career fair. Interview was 45 min. HR question, Project Discussion, Technical Questions, Behavioral Questions and at the end gave chance to me if I have some questions for them. Have on-site interview next week.

Interview Questions

• 1. Explain any one project which is relevant to the position.
      2. Explain if you have faced any situation any time in your life where you have exceeded your own or someone's expectations.
      3. Questions related to FSM.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

On campus career fair. Interview was on the next day.
    And a couple of behavioural questions as well. Eg: describing about a project, what was the role, major problem and how was it tackled, etc..
    Not very tough. Could have been better if properly prepared or gone through the concepts.
    It was a 45-minute interview, first 10 minutes behavioural, 30 minutes technical - 3 questions and they see the way you proceed in solving them (1. Some circuit was given and asked to draw the frequency response and find the cut off frequency 2. Design a circuit with a gain of 10) Do not remember the third question. Last 5 minutes - any questions to be asked.

Didn't hear back after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions on frequency response and designing circuit with a certain gain.
      Basics learnt in electronic devices and circuits, pulse and digital circuit courses.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied on campus and get the interview two days later.
    Most questions are team behavior problems and technical problems are easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through school and interviewed on campus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX).

Interview

First interview was on univerisity campus. Basic questions on my masters' project. Onsite interview was with three teams. Each team spent a lot of time quizzing me about the projects I had done during my undergrad and masters'. Questions on transistors and sensors.

Interview Questions

• Transient responses of hypothetical R-L-C circuit combinations.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

Just a campus interview

Interview Questions

• Draw a state machine and circuit diagram of a counter that toggles between 3 numbers   Answer Question