National Instruments Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Instruments Intern Interview Questions

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

applied online through university recruiting. had an on campus interview that lasted for about 45 minutes. simple behavioral questions and one technical question about a binary tree. they are understanding and try to make it conversational. also, the technical question was not on a laptop but rather mostly through pseudo code on a sheet of paper. it was important to list the thinking process behind it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

I went to career fair and they told me to apply online. I was given on-campus interview in 1 week. There is only one interview and it was 45 minutes.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

The interview was setup for two days after the campus career fair. The interview was about 50 mins long and was with two interviewers. It was well organized. It started with some general questions on GPA, major, standing etc. Next, they asked to talk about a design project in detail. Next, were two behavioral questions- a time when you took initiative, a time when you used your technical and debugging skills to solve a problem. In the end were two technical questions based on Op-amps and frequency response.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

The first part of the interview covered personality questions and a simple questions over my understanding of their products. The second part of the interview was technical and covered two software questions and two hardware questions.

Interview Questions

• As an electrical engineer, I was asked was asked to solve a hardware and a software problem how an ADC worked and explain the bit resolution. The software question asked to find the first non negative number in an assorted array ranging from negative to positive numbers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for the position. They offered $20.00 an hour and provide a large housing allowance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (College Station, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

The recruiter is incredibly nice! It was a very relaxed interview for the most part. Half the interview was behavioral questions and the other half was technical based. They will explain the purpose of all behavioral questions to you so that you can kind of center your answer around it. The best part is they tell you exactly what they are looking for so you don't have to guess. The technical portion of the interview was probably the toughest part; it was a combination of software and hardware knowledge. Brush up on your knowledge of bitwise conversions and how ADCs function. Finally, know arrays!

Interview Questions

• Given this sinusoidal wave and an ADC, what is the digital representation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Instruments (Stillwater, OK) in September 2013.

Interview

It was on campus process. Submitted resume in career fare. They called me back to set up 1:1 interview on campus next day. Person interviewing me seemed friendly. Interview was for almost an hour. Many people submitted resumes but only 6 people got a call and out of which no one was selected. This position was in Austin for summer internship.

Interview Questions

• About me, about my projects.
      Asked lot of technical questions about logic design and state machine diagrams.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments in September 2012.

Interview

Career Fair. 1 interview. 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to find the average of all the nodes in a binary tree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Provo, UT) in September 2011.

Interview

Soon after career fair at school I was asked to participate in an interview. Two National Instruments employees were at the interview. They asked questions about my education and work experience. They also asked a few technical questions for me to solve. They wanted to know my thinking in how I solved the questions. It was about 1 hour.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in September 2008.

Interview

I initially made contact with NI at a leadership seminar hosted on campus. They took resumes and met students at a dinner following. The interview consisted of an hour long 1:1 interview. The interviewer asked questions about the resume, behavioral questions, and two technical questions. The interview was not high stress. Be prepared to answer the behavioral questions and talk your way through the technical questions. The process is more important than the answer.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would bring the output from a microphone into a computer in terms or hardware and software.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

I interviewed in person for a software engineering position. Half of the interview was spent discussing my my past experiences (previous internships), with questions about challenges I've faced, and the other half was for technical questions. Time was given at the end for me to ask questions. The interviewer was friendly.