National Instruments Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Instruments Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter on a college career fair and she seemed very interested. Later that day I got a call from the recruiter and she asked me if I have time to interview the following day. The interview itself was conducted by two recruiters. One of them asked all the questions and the other just took notes. Even though the interview went very well and I solved all the technical questions, I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you code a deck of cards?
    One number in an array with numbers from 1-100 is missing, find the missing number?
    -both questions required me to write pseudo code
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

I met the recruiter on campus at a career fair, and was invited a few hours later to an on-campus one on one interview. I was told to prepare for both behavioral and technical questions. The interview was scheduled for the next day, and I got a response from NI a week later.

Interview Questions

• Implement and shuffle a deck of 52 cards
      Find the average of a binary tree
      Hardest debug
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

On campus interview. Interview was short, about 35 minutes. Had a bit of small talk, a technical question, and then I answered some questions about what team I would like to work with if I got an offer. Interviewer was incorrect about the space complexity of the algorithm so I felt like we hit a snag when I corrected them.

Interview Questions

• Find the average of a binary tree.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I got this interview from college career fair. It's a 1-on-1 interview that took 45 minutes. The interviewer is an alumni of our college and the interview is hosted on campus. It had 2 behavioral questions and one technical question. After those, I got 5 minutes to ask the interviewer some questions about the position and the company. The interviewer said I'll hear back in 2-3 weeks.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a job expo at my university, then they contacted me via email to set up a single interview. The interview went relatively okay and the technical question was easy. They asked me a few behavioral questions and then 1 technical question. The technical question was made more difficult by follow up questions which I didn't answer as well as I could've.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (Provo, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

It was an on campus interview, I have been asked two behavioral questions and three technical questions. Those two behavioral questions was given before the interview but technical questions was not.

Interview Questions

• How to calculate average of a binary tree?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they gave me an on campus interview after one week. The on campus interview was about an hour. Then after another week I was notified that I got the on site interview. The on site interview was a whole day long, including three interviews with three different teams.

Interview Questions

• Some very basic programming concepts, try your best telling them your thought process. One thing they all ask in common is behavioral questions, so prepare to explain your experience in detail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Instruments (College Station, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for a internship position on university career and I got a chance to the interview. It is a 45min on campus interview, first the interviewer will check your information like the graduate date, sponsor... then is behavior question about test. Finally you will be provided 2 programming problems, one is inverse a linked list, the other is calculation the average of tree node value.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

I applied through campus info session and online. It took two weeks before they gave me an on-campus interview. 45 minutes long: two behavior questions and one technical question. Behavior: one of the bug you fixed and one example you achieved more than you are assigned. Technical: find a medium in a set of number. Numbers are given one at a time.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

I applied through the career fair on campus at my school. The interview process consists of two rounds, an on campus technical interview and a final interview on site. I was rejected after the on campus interview