National Instruments Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 27, 2017

2.9

105 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

Asked me behavioral questions like explain a bug that was hard to fix. Then asked about shuffling a deck of cards and a tree question. Overall wasnt too bad. But I got rejected

Interview Questions

• If a tree has its children pointing to its parent, find the shared parent between any two nodes   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

45 min behavioral and technical interview. Asked 2 behavioral questions and moved on to a technical question with a follow up. First and apparently only interview for NI. Recruiter was very friendly and helpful during interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have to find a very difficult bug.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied in person and online and then met with an interviewer ( current employee ) do to an interview, conducted a behavioral and asked computer science questions which took about an hour long to conduct. Received feed back later in the week from them.

Interview Questions

• In C++, copy a linked list by going through the original and not altering its state.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter on a college career fair and she seemed very interested. Later that day I got a call from the recruiter and she asked me if I have time to interview the following day. The interview itself was conducted by two recruiters. One of them asked all the questions and the other just took notes. Even though the interview went very well and I solved all the technical questions, I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you code a deck of cards?
      One number in an array with numbers from 1-100 is missing, find the missing number?
      -both questions required me to write pseudo code   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

I met the recruiter on campus at a career fair, and was invited a few hours later to an on-campus one on one interview. I was told to prepare for both behavioral and technical questions. The interview was scheduled for the next day, and I got a response from NI a week later.

Interview Questions

• Implement and shuffle a deck of 52 cards
      Find the average of a binary tree
      Hardest debug   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

On campus interview. Interview was short, about 35 minutes. Had a bit of small talk, a technical question, and then I answered some questions about what team I would like to work with if I got an offer. Interviewer was incorrect about the space complexity of the algorithm so I felt like we hit a snag when I corrected them.

Interview Questions

• Find the average of a binary tree.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I got this interview from college career fair. It's a 1-on-1 interview that took 45 minutes. The interviewer is an alumni of our college and the interview is hosted on campus. It had 2 behavioral questions and one technical question. After those, I got 5 minutes to ask the interviewer some questions about the position and the company. The interviewer said I'll hear back in 2-3 weeks.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a job expo at my university, then they contacted me via email to set up a single interview. The interview went relatively okay and the technical question was easy. They asked me a few behavioral questions and then 1 technical question. The technical question was made more difficult by follow up questions which I didn't answer as well as I could've.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (Provo, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

It was an on campus interview, I have been asked two behavioral questions and three technical questions. Those two behavioral questions was given before the interview but technical questions was not.

Interview Questions

• How to calculate average of a binary tree?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they gave me an on campus interview after one week. The on campus interview was about an hour. Then after another week I was notified that I got the on site interview. The on site interview was a whole day long, including three interviews with three different teams.

Interview Questions

• Some very basic programming concepts, try your best telling them your thought process. One thing they all ask in common is behavioral questions, so prepare to explain your experience in detail.   Answer Question