National Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Instruments Interview Questions

Interviews at National Instruments

LDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

on campus interview first, then bring to their main campus at TX

Interview Questions

• easy technical question, but the behavior questions are relatively hard to answer.
      question 1: wave , sampling and frequency
      question 2: edge detection   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I went to the job fair and talked with one of the recruiters. He handed me a sheet to apply online and I applied. I was called in for in an interview. I was asked technical questions and a little bit of behavioral questions as well. The interviewer was nice and it was a relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• He asked me how I would shuffle a deck of cards in C++. THen he asked me how I would reverse a linked list.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments in September 2014.

Interview

I got the interview on campus, The recuriter is very nice, during the interview, he asked some behavior questions and very standard data structure question about tree, no design question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Very easy, the people are really nice. They really love to work there, they gives you your personal host . As usual they give you 3 interview each last 1 hour

Interview Questions

• How to write a deck of cards with classes   1 Answer

Only 65k before tax salary

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Instruments in October 2014.

Interview

applied at career fair, interviewed on campus. The interviewers were really nice and made me feel started off with behavioural questions and then basic technical questions on trees and linked lists

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I met them at a career fair. After submitting my resume in person and online, they called and said I got an interview. I got a 1 to 1 interview at my school. I got asked one technical question and a bunch of stuff about my resume

Interview Questions

• How to find the average number in a binary search tree   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

Initially gave them my resume at a university career fair. I was asked to interview with them on campus that Friday. Second time I had interviewed with them and they asked the same questions as the first time. Neither time did they hire me. I thought I had done well in the interview, especially the second time, but there must have been a better candidate.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that shuffles a deck of cards   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Process took approximately 3 weeks. I applied online through the career portal. Got an email scheduling interview in 3 weeks. The Interview lasted 1 hour, some HR and 2 technical questions. Technical questions are mostly similar to what has already been mentioned on this site. Behavioral and HR questions were common.

Interview Questions

• The interview exceeded the time mentioned in the email.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

Interviewed for internship position twice. Make sure you are able to easily answer the two questions they ask.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

The campus interviewer had a hardware background and he hammered me with hardware questions which were difficult for a computer science student. When I muddled through them, the interviewer mentioned that he was impressed I was able to handle new subject material. My point in mentioning that is just that the campus interviews are limited by the people they have on hand, and were more difficult than they needed to be.

When I got to the on site interviews, my interviewers were all software engineers. Their questions tended to be reminiscent of what I've experienced at other companies.

Interview Questions

• Given a binary tree with colored nodes, write an algorithm which will count how many contiguous chunks of color are in the tree.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I actually haven't accepted yet, but I'm considering the offer. There was no negotiation phase, they just assigned me a salary based on my experience and education.