National Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

Calibration Technician Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

Conducted a 30 minute phone interview with calibration department and quality assurance leads. Interview went well and was told there would be a decision within 2 weeks. Sent a thank you email that day and a follow-up email 3 weeks later after receiving no response. Neither email was replied to and never received a response back.

Interview Questions

• Is there any specific reason you chose to apply to National Instruments?   Answer Question
    • What was your area of expertise?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

First step was a phone interview. Next was a in person interview with a senior administrative assistant and other admins in the department. Lastly an in person interview with the executive this role would be supporting.
    Overall negative experience because after waiting 2 weeks following the 3rd round of interviews I received no response to any of my follow up and eventually an automated reply from the jobs website, rather than a personal email or phone call.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX).

Interview

First interview, I met with two employees, and took a grammar/editing test. Next interview, met with several panels of employees over the course of about six hours. Lunch and a campus tour were also provided. I was told the candidate selection process was very stringent and selective.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied in person and online and then met with an interviewer ( current employee ) do to an interview, conducted a behavioral and asked computer science questions which took about an hour long to conduct. Received feed back later in the week from them.

Interview Questions

• In C++, copy a linked list by going through the original and not altering its state.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a few panel sessions that focused around previous work I've done, as well as a lot of "what would you do in this situation" questions. There was also a "test" where you talked to an engineer, watched them work with a product, and then reported on your experience in another panel session to show your aptitude.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to this position   1 Answer

ELP Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Instruments in February 2017.

Interview

Interacted at TAMU Career Fair. Heard back within 3 days and scheduled an on campus interview. After that interview, I was notified about 2 week's later that I had been invited to go for a second interview in Austin. 3 days total

Interview Questions

• What hardware do you need to send sound from a singer to a computer?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter on a college career fair and she seemed very interested. Later that day I got a call from the recruiter and she asked me if I have time to interview the following day. The interview itself was conducted by two recruiters. One of them asked all the questions and the other just took notes. Even though the interview went very well and I solved all the technical questions, I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you code a deck of cards?
      One number in an array with numbers from 1-100 is missing, find the missing number?
      -both questions required me to write pseudo code
      Answer Question

Entry Level Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments (New York, NY).

Interview

Met at the career fair, had an interview later that week. Both interviewers expressed the interview went well. When asked what the next steps were, neither knew the time frame but said they would reach out later in the semester. Never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you made an improvement to something.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at National Instruments (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter contacted me on Linked in then by phone, then i got to talk with someone from NI to asked me about myself what did I studied. Why I did wanted to apply for the company and that there is gonna be 2 more steps before they decide if I get the job or not.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Engineering Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments in January 2017.

Interview

I talked to NI at my college career fair and they were there to specifically interview for ELP. After a 20 minute discussion with the recruiter, they said they'd email us if we got an interview. I received an interview and it took place a couple days later on campus. The interview was half behavioral and half technical. The technical questions were fairly easy and exactly the ones that are posted on this site. They haven't changed the questions in like 10 years.

Interview Questions

• How does a microphone work?   1 Answer