North Highland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at North Highland

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Highland.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with lead, recruiter calls to check in & invite you to the final round which is a series of 3 in person interviews back to back on the same day. First interview is behavioral so lots of questions like “tell me about a time when...”, second interview is about your resume, & the third is a mini case study.

Interview Questions

North Highland Response

Aug 8, 2019 – Sr. Director, Talent Acquisition

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Highland (Washington, DC) in April 2020.

Interview

The Recruiter contacted me via email two after I applied for the position online. Scheduling the interview was pretty straight forward. I was given the option to select from available dates and times in the Recruiter's Calender or provide dates and times that would fit my schedule. I submitted a few suggestions and the Recruiter opted to choose the first available time. On the day of my interview, the Recruiter contacted me at the agreed time and we spoke for about 20 minutes about my background, experience, and the available position.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with North Highland and its Public Sector Group?   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North Highland (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Screening began with HR phone interview followed by subsequent phone conversation with the hiring manager. The next round was in-person interviews with the hiring manager and another senior VP. The third round was with managing directors. Everyone was a pleasure to meet.

Where the interview process fell short: There was absolutely no response after the last in-person round of interviews. Until this point, both HR and the hiring manager were reaching out to discuss status. However, after the last round, no courtesy to update me regardless of the outcome. I find that to be very unprofessional and the firm lived up to its overwhelmingly negative glassdoor reviews. I will not do business with them again.

Interview Questions

North Highland Response

Feb 26, 2020 – Sr. Director, Talent Acquisition

I am very sorry that that was your experience with us while interviewing at North Highland. We strive to keep communication at the top of our priority list during the interview process and have taken this feedback to heart as we continue to improve upon our process.

Consultatnt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at North Highland (Atlanta, GA) in February 2020.

Interview

It's a known joke at my MBA program that North Highland loves to reach out to potential employees just to string them along and ghost them. Have you noticed they put nothing about travel in the job description, only to tell you during the interview that this is a 70% travel job? Like it's a small detail that you only get to be in your home state on Fridays.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Highland.

Interview

I was never even acknowledged. Not even a thank you for submitting a resume. Candidates are ignored. I will never, ever respond to any role with this company

Interview Questions

• Submitted resume and absolutely no response even if you have a fantastic background and are very experienced! Pathetic.   3 Answers

Principal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at North Highland.

Interview

One of the most unprofessional companies I have ever crossed paths with. I will never ever speak to North Highland, as they are totally disorganized, and are simply UNPROFESSIONAL.

HR reached out to me, and it was the typical "hey we are excited to speak to you about xyz". Then a lot of next steps activity, and next few rounds of interviews with a partner to be setup... and then silence.... dead silence. No response to any emails, or phone calls. So I move on... but it gets more interesting...

I get another call a few months later, checking in on me and what I was doing. I asked about what happened, and I get silence, and then a sheepish email apologizing for dropping the ball, and that they are still very interested in speaking with me for xyz.

Silly me decides to let bygones be bygones, and sure I'll speak to your Principal Mr. Hotshot. I have the call, and the dude is totally checked out.... didn't seem the least bit interested in speaking with me, and was late to the call, and had to cut it short since he is so busy. I tell HR about it, and again get an apology, and they still want to continue talking to me, and line me up with another Principal Ms. Hotshot a few weeks later. Dont know why I obliged, as had a nice chat with her, and she was all about we are growing and sorry for dropping the ball earlier, and lets setup a face to face as our next step.

Guess what.... dead silence again... no email follow-up, no responses to my emails or phone calls, and yet they wanted to progress to a face-face interview. I get that people are busy, but this company just takes the cake.... Thus, I have sworn them off my list to never ever engage with. When a company is so badly organized across various offices and regions, and they are so interested yet so busy to speak to you, then why bother..... I hope they can eat their own dog food! I will NEVER recommend them to any client, and will caution clients and potential employees to ever consider them.... their actions are a black mark for management consulting!!

Interview Questions

North Highland Response

Aug 21, 2019 – Sr. Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your interview experience with North Highland. We will take this feedback and work on ways of better communicating with our candidates so as to improve your experience when considering us for your potential future career options.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Highland (Atlanta, GA) in August 2019.

Interview

Received a quick response upon applying and was asked to interview a few days later by phone.
    The interview went well, the interviewer was accommodating to the fact that I was having bad reception and overall did a good job except for following up. Essentially ghosted me after I sent a follow-up email and call. I received the typical thanks for applying but we're not moving forward blah blah blah email.

They don't seem to want any exceptional talent. I got the vibe they preferred people who work hard, don't ask questions, and let them take advantage of their work.

Not much of an emphasis on collaboration, just working a lot of hours, not being paid fairly and supposedly having a mentorship program. Not sure about that though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history   1 Answer

Scanner Analyst Interview

Interview

There was no interview. I went to the temp agency and applied for a position that they had posted. I filled out application and went straight to the assignment the following week.

Analyst - Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at North Highland (Atlanta, GA) in March 2019.

Interview

very thorough: two phone interviews before a final interview round with 2 back to back interviews with senior-level managers and a case interview with senior leaders that isn't like typical case interviews (unable to write notes to self, rather you talk through your process)

Interview Questions

North Highland Response

Aug 8, 2019 – Sr. Director, Talent Acquisition

Content Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at North Highland.

Interview

I had a 1 hour interview with a recruiter, and a 45 min interview with the hiring manager. The interview with the hiring manager was great. There was a good dialogue and she left room for me to ask questions. However, there was an obvious disconnect between the recruiter and the hiring manager. The interview with the recruiter felt more like an interrogation. I did not get a single question in throughout the entire hour long conversation, and at the end of my follow-up interview with the hiring manager she told me she would like to schedule an in-person meeting, but later, the recruiter emailed me to tell me that North Highland's "environment is a bit chaotic to say the least" and that "change is hard," and ultimately they decided to cancel the in-person interview. It's very frustrating to deal with a gate keeper who handles its prospective employees like this, and there is clearly something going on internally that I thought others would want to know before applying here.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about yourself that's not on your resume?   1 Answer