North Highland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at North Highland.

Interview

Pretty standard. Nothing innovative about the interview process. All were essentially resume or "tell me about yourself" conversations. Had 6 different interviews that were strung out over the course of several months. Essentially they wait until there is sold work to bring in a candidate they know that they want to hire.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at North Highland (San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Hiring managers were clueless about what they wanted in the role and kept postponing follow-up interviews for 6 weeks. One meeting got canceled 5 minutes before it started. Really unprofessional - wouldn't bother interviewing here again. It was fairly clear that the consultants here are not of the caliber of a larger consultancy.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work unpaid to try out?   1 Answer

Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I interviewed at North Highland (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

A very solid process. Treated very well through the process and always knew what was going on. The vision was clearly expressed and articulated by everyone I interviewed with. Everyone treated me with respect and was mindful of my time and questions they asked.

Interview Questions

• The woman I interviewed with who would have been my manager asked me what I knew about North Highland and from what I have heard in the market place, what would I offer to change in the firm if I were an employee?   1 Answer

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at North Highland (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via email then on the phone and set up an interview for a SQL Developer contract position at one of their clients. Interview was straightforward.
    I was told the client was interested. Within a few weeks I had filled out all the paperwork for North Highland including accepting the job offer letter, taking the drug screen and submitting all new hire paperwork. Then silence from the recruiter who so eagerly and sometimes impatiently worked with me for the past several weeks. Three weeks went by and no communication and this is AFTER I accepted the job and was waiting for a specific start date. 30 minutes prior to my orientation call I was informed the position was no longer available. I had already accepted the job and made a few relevant personal decisions related to the geographical location of the position and expected income. I attempted to contact the recruiter multiple times including voice mails and email. I never received a response. I was told by the third party admin company that on boards employees that my recruiter would contact me. Of course he never did. I have never experienced such unprofessional-ism in my entire career. Beware of ever doing business with North Highland. They string you along and once a position falls through for an unknown reason they give you the silent treatment. Worst recruiting company I have ever had the displeasure to work with.

Interview Questions

• Client asked me my relevant experience regarding the technology and expected fast paced project deadlines   Answer Question

Internal Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at North Highland (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

Three phone interviews and three in person meetings spanning three months in time. Very pleasant and welcoming environment. Nice people, very friendly. A very professional back and forth dialog. Many questions regarding past work environment and deliverables achieved.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at North Highland.

Interview

First round is behavioral,trying to understand your fit culturally. Second round is behavior and case. The case is about 45 mins long, not a lot of math, more about how you think.

Senior Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North Highland.

Interview

Good. An enjoyable, pleasant interview. Tell me about yourself. And, of course, details regarding work history and experience. Asked what were the reasons for my interest and application. Also, what were my expectations, goals and ideal position. Sadly, the position filled internally.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Highland in June 2014.

Interview

Easy and laid back initial telephone interview with recruiting staff. Second interview was comfortable and conversational with general marketing manager, associate marketing manager and marketing director. Each individual interview was pleasant.

MBA Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Highland (Charlotte, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview was two 30 minute sessions, each with 2 people. Three interviewers were Vice Presidents, the other was a senior consultant who had recently graduated from my school. The format was very conversational, but the interview was obviously aligned with some basic skills and values questions. Understanding the company (the local delivery model, the client base, the services) and being able to convey why you are interested is important. You will be asked questions about your prior experience and mapping this to a "generalist" rather than "specialist" skill set is valuable.

North Highland's brand is very heavily slanted towards "experienced consultants" so if you have limited or no consulting experience it is important to demonstrate progressive responsibility and familiarity with project-style work.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to get out of this interview and what do you expect to put into it?   Answer Question
    • Do you see yourself as a generalist or a specialist?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about how you go about managing a project?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I elected to negotiate only the start date, which was negotiable. Given I was interviewing for an internship, my primary objective was information gathering - so I used the "negotiation phase" to inquire about the organizational structure, the difference between the various levels (consultant vs senior consultant vs manager vs senior manager) and to understand how NH views these levels relative to job titles at other consulting firms. I also asked for (and was provided) details about the compensation model - which is variable and perhaps a little non-traditional, but does an excellent job of aligning incentives with performance.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at North Highland (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

I was asked to complete three phone interviews with different offices and one in person with the president. Overall, I had a good interview experience. Each step was quickly scheduled and nothing was rescheduled. All interviewers were prepared, professional and pleasant. I quickly received an offer and was scheduled to start 2 weeks later. My laptop and work materials were shipped to me. Shortly after I started I attended the national meeting in Atlanta Georgia.

Interview Questions

• new business development approach?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Highland (Dallas, TX).

Interview

We generally find almost all of our new hires through referrals. If you know of someone who works for North Highland, they can probably pass your resume along to the right person. It seems like we are almost always hiring and if you are willing to go the city where the work is, and have the right experience, you'll almost certainly get an interview out of it.

Interview Questions

• This wasn't really an issue for me. I thought the interview was fairly normal and I interviewed with 2-3 people before they made an offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. I thought it was fair and accepted.