OSIsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OSIsoft Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OSIsoft.

Interview

Applied at a university recruitment. Got response after three months and had a phone screen accompanied by live coding for a simple program which can be done in a language you are comfortable with.

Interview Questions

• About technical skills and live coding for a simple program.   Answer Question

Customer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OSIsoft in March 2017.

Interview

submitted my resume through career fair, after a couple weeks, one of the person emailed me and said I am going to the next level which is phone interview. Phone interview took about 30 to 40 minutes. After the phone interview, they set up onsite interview for the next month.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OSIsoft.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email to schedule a phone interview. After a long time I had to keep sending emails and eventually spoke on the phone. Was told I would be contacted shortly regarding next steps but never got contacted.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OSIsoft.

Interview

General question that goes over resume, Describe a experience that you are proud of. Tell me about yourself. describe a project that demonstrate you are initiative. What do you think is different between work in team and as individual. Code problem: check if string is palindrome. How do you test on the code? Check if the input is null.

Interview Questions

• check if string is palindrome.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OSIsoft.

Interview

First step was a 45 minute on-campus interview at my university that was almost entirely whiteboard coding (Leetcode easy - easy medium level). If applying online, they instead ask you to provide a code sample and then conduct a phone screen.

Next step was an onsite interview at their office, in which I talked to HR, a few developers, and a team lead. You start off interviewing with 3 different people. If you do well, you will likely talk to 2-3 more after that. Most interviewers had C++/C# code samples (whichever language you're more comfortable with) and asked to either explain what they do or identify bugs. They also asked me about CS fundamentals and a little design. I was required to do only a little basic coding, in any language of my choice (easier than at my on-campus interview). The rest of the time was primarily spent going over different parts of my resume.

During the interviews, they try to match you to a team based on your interests, so the last interviewer is a lead of the team they're eyeing you for. The interviewers were all very smart, friendly and helpful. I got a better understanding of the different parts of the company and the technologies they use, which helped me choose a team that was most interesting to me.

I received an offer but ended up declining it. Disappointingly, the compensation package was pretty weak. The base salary was quite a bit lower than the industry average for the area. The company is private and has been for 35+ years, so no stock either. This is also an old company with old ways of thinking and a largely ancient code base. They are pushing to modernize their methodologies (ie agile, cloud), but they are behind. The work didn't seem too exciting to me as well.

OSIsoft seems like a stable place to work with a great work-life balance, and the people seem awesome, but it didn't feel like a good place to start a career (for me) due to a seeming lack of innovation. If I was a developer with many years of experience under my belt looking to settle down, I probably would have been more inclined to join the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OSIsoft (Pittsburg, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Several general questions about the concept of OOP.
    HR questions about what they did and how the product works. Then they give a very easy coding test, reverse a string or integer and explain how it works.
    Then several debug problems. Like brain teaser. For example: given some code with the infinite loop and ask you to find the problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OSIsoft (State College, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I met OSISoft during a career fair in my college. I received a call the same night for an on-campus interview the next day. During my interview, we talked a lot about my thesis and the interviewer asked me a few technical questions regarding how I improved the performance of my algorithm etc. He was a very easy person to talk to and I felt that the interview was going really well. Just asked me a very simple question where he wanted to see if I consider the boundary cases and other test cases. He wrapped up the interview by giving me a chance to ask any questions that I might have about the company. I left the interview room thinking that it went quite well but I received an email a week later letting me know that they would be going forward with other candidates. I asked the HR for feedback but don't hope to get one back.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OSIsoft (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at an on-campus career fair. This company was not on my radar, but I happened to see that they were looking for any degree (bachelors, masters, phd) in a variety of sciences and engineering. I gave them my resume, and they set up an interview for the following day. I felt like I did not do well at this initial interview, but somehow I got an invitation, a month later, for an in-person interview at their Philadelphia office. You basically sit in a conference room all day, and different people come in to talk to you; I met with four people in total. They range from HR, to mangers in the customer support department, to other customer support engineers. Three of them just asked questions about my resume, my experiences, and why I wanted to work for OSI. One of them asked me some problem-solving questions to solve on the white board. Overall, very friendly interview. I received a rejection exactly one week later. It was a generic email. I'm pretty sure that the things that went against me were that I had no real computer programming experience, that i'm finishing up my phd in chemistry (everyone seemed skeptical that I even wanted to job), and that I said I'm not a big fan of teaching or public speaking (oops! a big part of this job is teaching clients at conferences, or just setting up training sessions!). So my advice is to be aware of the skills that they are looking for - they seemed very interested in my teaching experiences and the fact that I had worked briefly at a pharmaceutical company, since these are their kinds of customers. I think every question they asked came off this site!

Interview Questions

• How many golfballs can you fit in a school bus?
      Write a program to solve for the square root of a number?
      If you're on a boat in a pool with a rock in the boat, and you throw the rock over and into the pool water, does the water level rise or lower?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OSIsoft (San Leandro, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

After passing the preliminary 1 hour interview the day after a career fair, they flew me over to their office about 2 months later, also providing a hotel stay close by. When I arrived, they brought me into a small room with a table and whiteboard and interviewers would come in 1 by 1 to tell me about the company and ask me questions. Total of 3 developers and 1 HR interviewers were talked to over the course of 3-4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Write a factorial function recursively and iteratively, describing the difference between the 2. Look at some buggy C++ code and explain what it would do and what the problem is. Design code to find the location of the last object in a circular list if every other object was deleted until there was only 1 left.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OSIsoft.

Interview

Met the recruiter at career fair. they were looking for .Net profile.They have scheduled an On-Campus interview after the career fair, the overall process was good and easy. The interview was smooth. Interview included quite a little bit of discussion related to my profile

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my resume, OOPS, difference between c#,java,c and c++. Questions on linked lists. Basic coding question. Questions on parallel programming   Answer Question