OSIsoft Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.7

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OSIsoft in March 2017.

Interview

Applied at a university recruitment. Got response after 2 months.

Round 1:
Set of questions via email and asked to share github account details.

Round 2:
Phone screen with live coding interview can be done in a language you are comfortable with.

Interview Questions

• 1. Implement a Liked list
    2. Check if a string is palindrome using recursion   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OSIsoft

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OSIsoft.

Interview

General question that goes over resume, Describe a experience that you are proud of. Tell me about yourself. describe a project that demonstrate you are initiative. What do you think is different between work in team and as individual. Code problem: check if string is palindrome. How do you test on the code? Check if the input is null.

Interview Questions

• check if string is palindrome.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OSIsoft (Pittsburg, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Several general questions about the concept of OOP.
    HR questions about what they did and how the product works. Then they give a very easy coding test, reverse a string or integer and explain how it works.
    Then several debug problems. Like brain teaser. For example: given some code with the infinite loop and ask you to find the problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OSIsoft (San Leandro, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

After passing the preliminary 1 hour interview the day after a career fair, they flew me over to their office about 2 months later, also providing a hotel stay close by. When I arrived, they brought me into a small room with a table and whiteboard and interviewers would come in 1 by 1 to tell me about the company and ask me questions. Total of 3 developers and 1 HR interviewers were talked to over the course of 3-4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Write a factorial function recursively and iteratively, describing the difference between the 2. Look at some buggy C++ code and explain what it would do and what the problem is. Design code to find the location of the last object in a circular list if every other object was deleted until there was only 1 left.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OSIsoft (Cleveland, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening - the interviewer started by asking me how well I understood OSI's product and what they do. I don't think this was actually a test, but I don't think it could hurt to be able to offer a good explanation going in. My interviewer then explained what I missed in my own explanation, and described in detail its different divisions and locations. Next the actual screening began, which included a coding problem done through an online collaborative dev environment, and then conceptual/vocab questions.

Interview Questions

• The coding problem was to write a function that would determine whether or not a number was a palindrome. The interviewer also asked how to test the program.

The concept/vocab questions were:
      What is a pointer?
      Define a strongly typed language
      What is meant by object-oriented programming?
      What are the primary differences between Linked Lists and Arrays?
      What is the difference between passing a variable by reference vs by value?
      Define heap and stack   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OSIsoft (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied on career fair, got campus interview the next day. It asked about your resume and few behavior first, your knowledge of the company and what do you expect on your future job, and then just 1 simple coding question and few technical questions. I did not act well for not preparing my background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OSIsoft (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus. I got this chance after talking with a HR on career fair, and interviewed on the next day. I explained my project to the HR, and the HR feel it quite interesting, that's how I get the interview. But in the on campus interview, I didn't perform very well since I didn't answer very well in the system design question.

Interview Questions

• Combination of Java basic knowledge and behavior questions. One more system design question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OSIsoft (Davis, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few months later by a recruiter. Our communication was off since emails didn't seem to get through. I attended my schools career fair and met with the representatives that came out. I received an email for an interview a week later. The interview was straight forward---discussed my background a little, then walked the interviewer through a coding sample of mine. They enjoyed the level of clear, calm communication of the code that they wanted me for another position. I have a second interview coming up. (Note: I selected no offer because I am still in the interviewing process---I will send out an update once I've had my second interview)

Interview Questions

• Coding samples---know the time complexity of the parts of your code or be able to quickly determine that. Heap vs Stack programming. Know OOP and be familiar with C#.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OSIsoft (State College, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

I never went to career fair until end of Jan and I happened to get one interview request even though as a start I did not do very well in talking to recruiters. The gentleman seems to be very interested in the C# skill which I put on one project 3 years ago and it is not in the skill set.

At first I was very happy to get this interview, then I was nervous because the company is interested in something I totally forgot. I did not sleep that night and go to the interview next morning.

Interview Questions

• I learned somefeed back about resume. The first question the gentleman asked is "what's the difference betwwen Netbean and Eclipse". I did not answer the question because I was really shocked and did know how to answer it. Then of course there is really nothing much to talk about the c# project because its 3 years ago, very fundamental image processing function.

As my first interview, I learned a lot about how to prepare, what they interested in, and a lot of things. Of course I was nervous and made a mess but everyone has his first time. I asked about some suggestions about my resume and the gentleman gave me some advise. He led me through the process when know this was my first interview.

I really appreciate his help.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OSIsoft (San Leandro, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Had three interviews over the course of an afternoon. One was technical with some programming questions and then some coding challenges on a projector. The second guy went over my resume and asked about my experience and projects.The third was a project manager whose questions were focused on behavior and personality.