OpenText Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenText (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

2 interviews phone and technical on site. not a very hard process to get through however, one must be prepared for technical questions. Study data structures and algorithms in your favorite knowledge. Make sure to verse yourself in behavioral questions as well. Good luck

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA can't disclose the info   1 Answer

Market Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at OpenText (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy. Mainly just focused on the job description and I would be doing as an intern with the company. It was very easy and I was not asked that many questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your interest in school?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OpenText (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

it was good, video chatting with tech lead. standard interview. we chat about some third party libraries, and how to use them, then talk about unit testing. i think over all experiences is some what pleasant.

Interview Questions

• standard android memory leak identification   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenText in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process is great and very short. I had a difficult exam with a time a lot of 1 hour only. There are 3 set of interviews. The first is the HR Interview then after that a Team Leader will interview you and last but not the least is the Hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenText in September 2016.

Interview

The recruiter in Canada was very nice, professional. Phone screen went well. The next phone screen was with the director and the manager, which also went well. The onsite interview was with a team of people plus the manager on a skype call. The director is clearly in charge, and the manager lives in a different city apart from the team. It was difficult to try to include everybody in the conversation/answers, and half-way through the interview, the manager hangs up without saying anything. When I realized the manager was gone, the team explained that he had to go get his child. I got along with the subordinates in this interview, but the leadership was chaotic. It was not a good fit, and it was good to learn this early in the process. This job is still posted, 6 months later.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever participated in an ISO 27001 audit?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OpenText (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I had a great face to face interview with Open Text, then without even so much as a discussion over the phone I was left a VM saying that it just wasn't a "right fit at this time". After driving there and spending over 3 hours of interviewing, I think it would have been a little more professionally courteous to at least have a conversation with me or return my call in lieu of just a VM without really any further explanation.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my level of knowledge and management of selling multiple software products across all different business lines.   Answer Question

OpenText Response

May 2, 2017 – Director, Talent Acqusition | HR

Thank you for bringing your experience to my attention. I am pleased to hear you had a great face to face interview at OpenText! Others echo your same sentiments. It is also critically important ... More

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenText (Irvine, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very nice and efficient process - total 3 weeks. Applied online, recruiter reached out within a day or two. Interviewed with her within a couple days and she was very prompt in setting up the follow up calls. Two phone interviews involving three people total including hiring manager and their manager. Met the team in person the following week and was informed that I did not get the position 7 days after the in-person interviews. No reason provided other than that they found someone who was a better fit. That is my only issue, I would have liked to get more feedback.

Interview Questions

• Standard Behavioral questions (Why OpenText, Why PM, Why will you make a good PM?)   Answer Question
    • What would your colleagues say is your biggest strength?   Answer Question

Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenText (Tampa, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Hiring Recruiter performs a telephone screening and based upon your discussion, the information is forwarded to the hiring manager for another interview. The process can take between 4-6 weeks unless there's an urgent need.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Describe your experience as a project manager (including the project itself)?
      Q2: Are your familiar with OpenText and/or its products?
      Q3: Were you a manager/supervisor of resources and how many (if so)?
      Q4: Any experience with EDI?
      Q5: Were you responsible for creating or managing a budget?
      Q6: How did you learn of this position?
      Q7: Do you have any offers pending?
      Q8: Do you have any vacations planned in the upcoming months?
      Q9: What's your salary expectations?
      Q10: Are you able to work for any employer in the US?
      1 Answer

Interview

Several people interview at the same time, several groups interview the same day. Started with company culture related questions to find out if you are a good fit and see if you adjust to the company environment, then there's a set of standard role related questions, detailed technical questions, about 30 minutes.

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenText (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Interview process was average, not too difficult nor easy. Technical and theoretical questions were asked. I was asked to explain and talk about my last project on my resume. They asked me on my knowledge with different operating systems and different databases. Asked a few SQL questions as well.