Cover image for OpenText

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

OpenText Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 685 of over 685 interviews

Recruiter17%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

OpenText

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OpenText

Interview

Chill half an hour conversation with the manager, mostly listening and learning more about the company and what the localization team does/what daily work looks like, no technical questions involved.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work in localization?
    Answer Question

OpenText

Application

I interviewed at OpenText

Interview

Friendly HR and Manager. Not easy interview but the manager makes sure that you are comfortable before starting. Has always follow up question but you will ace it as long as you are honest and confident.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about OpenText

Join the conversation on

Tech

580.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=OpenText~5694
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about OpenText? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with OpenText employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenText (Bangalore) in Jan 2023

Interview

Interview questions was really impressive. Even though I was not selected but i cleared few of the things which I really don't know. I would appreciate the person who interviewed me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OpenText (New York, NY)

Interview

They sent me an interview invitation 2 hrs before the actual interview. I saw their email 1 hr before and then they called me and conducted a phone screening. HR promised to update if I will pass for the next screening stage. She sent an sms asking if my expected salary is still negotiable, I said it depends on the actual package that will be offered to me. Didn't here anything from them after that day...

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

OpenText

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenText

Interview

Phone screen with the manager, interview with 2 other executives I'd be working closely with, then declined to pursue the role further. the phone screen with manager was fine but the interview with one of the executives was spending 25 minutes/30 going through each bullet point of my resume. The absolute biggest joke of an interview -- he should've read it before and asked legitimate questions instead of going through each bullet

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

OpenText

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OpenText

Interview

They described about the role and the company and asked behavioral questions and some technical questions. Have some smart questions ready for them when they ask if you have any questions.

Interview Questions
  • How many days is it ok to take leave without letting manager know, other than official leaves?

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OpenText (Bangalore) in Dec 2022

Interview

It was a HR interview. They asked general questions like your intro, projects and questions related to the company and role. It was an apprenticeship program that has fte offer after 6 months of internship.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at OpenText (Waterloo, ON) in Dec 2022

Interview

The whole process was really weird. It was for their Legal Tech / E-Discovery department. My phone call with the recruiter was a bad experience. The recruiter just called me unexpectedly one day. So, I was quite blindsided by the call. Usually, companies email you in advance to schedule a time for the phone screen. However, this recruiter did not observe such etiquette. During the phone call, the recruiter also demanded to know my salary expectations and threatened to not move forward with interview if I did not provide him a number. Most companies I interview with are ok with discussing this at a later stage of the interview. However, I suspect this must have been a low paying position, hence the pushy salary question. Also, if I had been given time to prepare for the call, I might have been able to do more research to come up with reasonable answer to the salary question. After all this, the recruiter asked me do a 1-hour interview the next day! I reluctantly agreed. I was told the interview would be with a hiring manager. I was not provided with any other details. The interview turned out to be with three interviewers instead of one and the hiring manager turned out to be a director of the department! They asked me to a few questions about my resume. However, most of the interview was just the director talking about their product and technology and explaining how this role was only for people who were willing to work with mostly dated technology like XQuery. I asked them what the next steps of the interview were and they seemed quite unsure themselves! They hadn't decided yet! I was then later sent an XQuery assignment to do, which I did. Finally, for the cherry on top, they didn't even reject me, they said this role had been cancelled and they are no longer hiring for this role. What a waste of time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenText (Manila, Manila) in Dec 2022

Interview

It's online interview, 5 round interview first round initial interview, behavioral interview, technical interview and final interview and others many questions about technical support interview and about opentext company, why are your others interested.

Interview Questions
  • Tell about yourself and why do you want to apply our company.

OpenText

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OpenText in Dec 2022

Interview

coding test - 2 questions ( which are easy to medium level on codility platform ) interview ( it was easy , more like an HR round) But I don't know the reason why I got rejected.

Interview Questions
  • 1.tell me about yourself 2.about project 3.how proficient in coding 4.any questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 685 Interviews

OpenText Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at OpenText as 52.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.77 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Software Engineer and Software Developer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Mapping Developer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at OpenText takes an average of 22 days when considering 229 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Senior Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 4 days), whereas Account Executive roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 48 days).

Common stages of the interview process at OpenText according to 229 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 25.50%