OpenText Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

2.8

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at OpenText (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by internal recruiter. Got first phone interview next day. It went well so they invited me to onsite. I talked to hiring manager and few engineers. I took 2 hrs total. Most of the questions were about my past experience. I got few Java and design pattern questions. Got offer next day.

Interview Questions

• How your supervisor would describe you?   1 Answer

Offer too low.

Other Interview Reviews for OpenText

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OpenText (Irvine, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Initial response was quick but to declare the result whether you are selected or not takes couple of weeks and after couple of weeks if you don't hear from them, then assume you are not selected. They don't even inform you if you are NOT selected because they take so long to decide that probably they don't even remember about you anymore.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OpenText (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Process took 2 days. First day there were 2 rounds of technical interview. Then they had asked me to come for next day as panel not available. Second day again technical round appeared like a first round of technical. They don't know what are they hiring for. HR told me leave for the day as manager not available.Then again they called me saying if you are still in campus please come back. When I had gone back they told you have not cleared . It's really waste of my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OpenText (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

If you get call from them for Java SSE, don't go. Their agenda is not hiring, but belittling candidates and feeling good. If you want to waste time and have a bitter experience, go. The interviewer was very bad. Apparently, they have a new office, for which they are hiring, but it's all crap. Both the recruiter and the interviewer seemed odd, off.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenText (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 panels. 1st round was basic java and j2ee questions which went well. The interviewer seemed to be interested and interactive.

Second round was including logical questions, some questions from first round, I felt interviewer was not at all interested taking interview, was busy on phone. This round also went well I could answer almost 90% of questions.This was very bad experience as they were biased and I could not figure out the reason for rejection.
    After that, he asked to leave.

Please pay attention to Communal bias and favoritism. Don't waste your time if you are not from South India.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java and J2EE questions, database questions, Javascript, jquery and HTML, CSS   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OpenText.

Interview

I have applied for testing role. They concentrated on more testing topics. Manual testing topics like test plan creation, test case writing, test metrics etc. They asked about the agile process and metrics collected in it. In Automation, I found some questions related to testing tools and asked to wrote the some sample programs and explain it.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write a program to reverse a string
      2. Write a program to print palindrome
      3. What is the test case generation techniques.
      4. What is the test plan.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OpenText.

Interview

There were 4 Rounds in a day and final HR round. First 3 rounds were technical and last 2 were HR related and company details. If you are very good at basics and concepts, then you can clear these technical rounds.

Interview Questions

• Whatever you mentioned in your CV, based on that they will ask questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenText (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Cleared 3 Rounds of Interview. One for Java . One for Angularjs and Finally one programming cum Managerial round of interview in 2 days. Talent Acquisition member Blesson was organizing the interviews. Then it took 3 weeks for Blesson to call me and ask for all employment documents and he said he would release the offer. After that no response or reply . Truely unprofessional stuff.After clearing all rounds and after sending documents , there is no response from the recruiter. My personal experience, Others can also face similar situation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OpenText (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

This is located near UB City bangalore above bmw showroom. The questions in first round were super easy atleast the interviewer was good then i got to second round when the questions where again easy and then i hear HR tells me he will get back, please dont waste your time going there, i dont think they are interested to hire. I dont think they have diversity at work, outsiders wont be allowed to enter into work not encouraged. I wasted my one leave on them.

Interview Questions

• Very easy java/.j2ee questions for formality sake and then rejection.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OpenText (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

1 telephonic
    2 technical