Orkin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Termite Sales Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orkin (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

First interview, describe yourself. Then Ride-along with a seasoned inspector, if you like what you see you will have a second interview. This is to talk a little more about you and the sales job opportunity.
    Back-round check,Live Scan,Drug-Test,Physical
    The entire process takes approximately 1 month

Interview Questions

• Sell me this cell phone....   1 Answer

Branch Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orkin (Tampa, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the Branch Manager for an interview, the statement on the phone by the manager was that exceptional sales people make over 100K. I went to the interview and all the questions were standard and I was offered a job. I reveiwed the compensation plan, the business expense policy, and the ramp plan. The Ramp plan is very poor, 60 days to get upto speed to make good commissions is very short, the expense policy is substandard. I do believe you can make 100K annually selling however it will take 6 months to build up the pipeline. I turned down the offer.

Interview Questions

• How would I attack/plan the territory to maximize results   Answer Question

The Ramp up policy was too short for success and the expense policy is too small for what they expect

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Orkin.

Interview

Horribly long process and full of steps like a meeting with the company shrink (Yes, a contracted psychologist). The company justifies the long process but for the position it seems unreasonable and exceeds the expectation for what is reasonable.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected but it was the length of the process.   Answer Question

All in all, it was not a good fit.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Orkin in November 2016.

Interview

Terribly long process in my case over four months. Pay for your own travel! I traveled many miles, bought a lot of gas and used two vacation days. Met with Psychologist told a great fit for the company after three interviews comes to final interview. Interview scheduled three weeks in advance and the Regional manager never calls to nail down the time after I have already used a day of vacation to drive another two hours out of my way. Then lies to me that he thought I called to schedule and never showed up. How is that possible, someone by the same name called you to schedule an interview? Unbelievable that at that level he was incapable of scheduling an interview and unable to discern two candidates? Very unprofessional to say the least and not someone I would ever want to work for. Lesson learned if you have to pay your way to interview it’s not worth your time. Steer clear of management with Orkin!

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orkin (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

Easy. Met with 2 Individuals. Asked the Basic questions. Where do you want to be in 5 years. What would you do in this situation. How do you feel about travel?

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orkin.

Interview

Great very quick and easy, have also gotten other hired as well . I a and I need 30 words, this is a pain in the rear. I am tired of doing this like I am in in grade school

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orkin.

Interview

So this position was in Chicago. We met at Starbucks with the branch manager. From there they called me and told me I had the job and that’s when you officially fill out the application. They run your background check and from there you go on a ride along which is cool! I met with the district manager who was a total bad guy. They told me I had the job and the next day to me they went with another candidate. The sad part is I put in my two weeks at my current job. This company has no class for that and you don’t play with people like this. They look you in the eye and lie to you. No remorse and the gm knew I quit my job because he called and told me I had the job. Old school company! You cannot have a beard but it seems there is a good chance to make money if you know how to build a good pipeline. thanks Krugman

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Orkin (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Very long process. It took 4 months. Not very organized.. First had a phone interview. Then an in person with the District Manager. Then I had another interview with the Branch Manager. Both asked just about the same questions. Then I had a ride- along with another co-worker. All of these were weeks in between.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Then you rode along with another co-worker.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Orkin (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

It was a short and nice interview, I was hired on the spot and started a couple weeks later because I was waiting on the background check and drug screen to come back. Most of the people were easy to work with. It was a overall nice experience.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lees Summit, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Orkin (Lees Summit, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

Tim was very kind, easy to talk to and not full of cheese like some of the other places I've interviewed recently. He asked if the phones bothered me and told me the company didn't have much of a turnover rate, which is important.

Interview Questions

• Described job roles and asked if that was something I thought I'd like to do.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Interview

Submit resume
    Meet with local management
    Take assessment
    Ride a long to see if this is a path you want
    Meet with upper management
    Drug testing performed
    Begin your adventure as an Orkin Man
    What are your goals? Have that in place before you go to interview

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years?   1 Answer