Orkin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.4

Termite Sales Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orkin (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

First interview, describe yourself. Then Ride-along with a seasoned inspector, if you like what you see you will have a second interview. This is to talk a little more about you and the sales job opportunity.
    Back-round check,Live Scan,Drug-Test,Physical
    The entire process takes approximately 1 month

Interview Questions

• Sell me this cell phone....   1 Answer

Pest Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orkin (New York, NY).

Interview

One simple and to-the-point interview followed by a ride-along. Questions were straight forward and they didn't bombard me with odd or abstract questions. Generally, I was quite satisfied with both the interview and the people conducting it (Both AM and GM)

Service Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orkin (Hingham, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on indeed by submitting my resume. I was then told to fill out the online application. From there I had an in person interview where the interviewer was 10 minutes late. The interviewer was the head of the branch and had not even looked at my resume. I ran the interview from my end having to explain what I have done. After the interview a week went by, I was put in contact with the regional manager who planned an interview then cancelled it. I did not hear back for rescheduling

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your prior experience and how it would translate to this job   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Orkin in November 2016.

Interview

Terribly long process in my case over four months. Pay for your own travel! I traveled many miles, bought a lot of gas and used two vacation days. Met with Psychologist told a great fit for the company after three interviews comes to final interview. Interview scheduled three weeks in advance and the Regional manager never calls to nail down the time after I have already used a day of vacation to drive another two hours out of my way. Then lies to me that he thought I called to schedule and never showed up. How is that possible, someone by the same name called you to schedule an interview? Unbelievable that at that level he was incapable of scheduling an interview and unable to discern two candidates? Very unprofessional to say the least and not someone I would ever want to work for. Lesson learned if you have to pay your way to interview it’s not worth your time. Steer clear of management with Orkin!

PC Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orkin (Augusta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Over a month of manager forgetting to contact me and doing one interview after another. Its like I'm the first person he'd ever hired. I had to stay on them just to get further in the process. Pretty silly really.

Interview Questions

• How would you grade your problem solving skills   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Orkin (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

It was a short and nice interview, I was hired on the spot and started a couple weeks later because I was waiting on the background check and drug screen to come back. Most of the people were easy to work with. It was a overall nice experience.

Pest Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orkin (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process involved meeting with the Office Manager and Route Manager. They asked a couple of questions, explained the payment process and gave me "hypothetical route payments" essentially saying that I could expect 4k+ a month.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to leave my last job   1 Answer

Canine Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Orkin (San Leandro, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I submitted online resume, was contacted the next day via email to take a personality questionnaire that needed to be completed in 24 hours. It was not difficult but did take about 45 minutes to complete, I then received a call the following day for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions regarding my past experiences and why was I interested in this position   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Orkin (Covington, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Given an interview over the phone then called in for an interview. The face to face interview asked about your work and education history. After the interview you're either offered the position or they will email you saying you did not meet the requirements.

Service Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Orkin (Burlington, VT) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process took at least four months. It start with an email from the branch manager who I later had a phone interview with. I then had a in person interview with the branch manager. At this point, I had a ride along with a technician and then they scheduled another interview with the branch manager and the regional manager. I was given an offer two months later. The last interview with the regional manager was the most difficult.