PPG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Contract Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Easy...a recruiter contacted me and scheduled a month in advance. I put it on my calendar and prepared accordingly...researching the company and reviewing my resume. I went in in business attire and had two people interview me separately. I then received a tour of the facility and they said they would be back to me in a few days.

Interview Questions

• Not any more difficult than other interviews I have been in. They asked me about my background and how I would place amongst other chemists.   Answer Question

Contract Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Sylmar, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

A series of arbitrary tests that evaluate comprehension and nothing else. There is no interview, I even asked specifically if there was an interview portion of the hiring process and they told me that their "tests will show us all we need to know."

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Contract Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sulphur, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PPG (Sulphur, LA) in October 2011.

Interview

I already was know well by the person that hired me so the interview was very casual

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The company I contracted through to PPG did the negotiating for me.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PPG.

Interview

I got a call from the hiring manager and quickly they asked for a suitable day to schedule a telephonic round. I cleared that round and went face to face for the second round

Interview Questions

• They asked me to write code to pull a stored procedure from sql server in c#   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Creek, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Oak Creek, WI) in October 2013.

Interview

Not a very hard interview, although the job sounded like it was just mixing paints and doing physical tests on the paints, such as viscosity, etc. Basic questions like do you have experience working in team, do you have any work experience, can you give us a reader's digest version of your thesis, etc.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Creek, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at PPG (Oak Creek, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

Two people where in the room interviewing me. It was informal, conversational. It was mostly them talking about the job description, the hours, training and the company. I guess they just wanted to know me, they asked about my previous experience. At the end, they gave me a tour of the plant and the lab area.

Special Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Biloxi, MS).

Interview

Meet with regional manager and was hired. Was an easy process for me because I had a friend working for company and was referred as a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to cut your long hair?   1 Answer

Operational Excellence Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at PPG (Westlake, LA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very honest, relaxing and straight to the point. The hiring group knew exactly what they were looking for and it made it easy to talk about my past experiences.

Interview Questions

• What was my goal the next 5 years   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairburn, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Fairburn, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

easy, you interviewed with one of management and it took about 2 weeks to hear a response from them. Management went by a guideline as far as asking questions, if you get off topic during the interview you will have a pretty good chance of getting hired.

Analytical Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PPG in August 2017.

Interview

After a phone interview I was brought to their research center for an on-site. The interview process there included a presentation by me, followed by individual interviews with five people (one in HR). Mostly it was the form of STAR interview questions, though one person ignored them entirely. Only negative part was post-interview follow-up. I followed up with the hiring manager 3 weeks later, but heard nothing, then again a bit later, still nothing. Two months later I still haven't received the generic form rejection letter, or anything.