PPG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.6

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Point, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPG (East Point, GA).

Interview

Simple and plain interview just the basic questions you would expect for a lab job, can you do such and such and what is the best schedule to fit you, even though they don't care

Production Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PPG in June 2017.

Interview

The intereview process began with a small tour of the oak creek plant. Every department was thoroughly addressed and explained with safety being expressed as the companies main concern as each operation, while ensuring a safe environment, functionality and great products which is paint. Human Resources are very nice and professional in the interview process, making me very comfortable and them be very informative with questions I had of their company. I'm all, on a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the best of course, I'd give them that 10. Thanks for inviting me to your company and interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a team member who did not perform his task properly even after he has been addressed with concerns, only later to give fellow team member attitude, what would be my course of reaction.   Answer Question

PPG Response

Jul 5, 2017 – Director

Thank you for the feedback.

Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPG (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The initial contacts by HR /emails were consistent . After the interview, I heard nothing for weeks, and emails went ignored ( a simple reply would have been appropriate) and it felt like more of a interview "process" that they were required to do . I was told to cut short part of my presentation short because they "had heard it a million times" and had a lot of other emails and interviews to complete.
    Staff was friendly and laid back, so I was surprised at the lack of consequent follow up, complete disregard for any requested feedback from my interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult client that could not make up their mind or did not like your ideas ?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PPG.

Interview

In-person interviews were offered on campus for interested candidates. Interviewer was a great guy and we ended up talking 20 minutes past our time just about life. Experienced issues with follow up interview due to an apparent change in regional management, which was frustrating but understandable. Eventually, was given a phone interview with new guy and he was very professional and energetic.

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PPG (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with a Hiring Manager while attending a Military Veteran's job fair in Houston, Texas. I was contacted by a Human Resource representative a few days after the interview and the interview process continued by phone.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked questions about my experience, hobbies, interests, and why would I like to work for PPG.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PPG (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Fast and nice, showed around the office in Pittsburgh, nice area to work in. Interview in the PPG building and the interviewers brought all the candidates to lunch. Culture is easy and everyone seems very nice to work with.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PPG (New York, NY).

Interview

I interview on campus during recruiting. Asked basic behavor scenario questions. They did not say they expected a presentation but they did. It was 4 people interviewing one person.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PPG (New York, NY).

Interview

it was okay I dont remember much about it. the people were nice and it required a physical to be completed and it looks at everything.
    you have to be cleared by their nurse before you can start work

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PPG (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

On site interview for two days. One day is mostly panel discussion with the people in the company and facility tour. The company also provided a boat tour at night. Had a great time talking to R&D directors on the boat. The other day includes a presentation followed by one HR interview and two panel interviews. Most of them are behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a difficulty in your collaboration   Answer Question

Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PPG (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Campus interview followed by a relatively relaxed 2 day interview process. I was asked to give a research talk followed by 1 HR and 2 technical interviews. The questions were primarily behavioral in all interviews. The HR quizzed me on my resume and technical interviewers asked questions such as 'describe a situation when...'. I haven't heard back of the outcome in 1 week so far.

Interview Questions

• Q. How did you handle working in a difficult group?
      Q. What is the achievement you are most proud of in research / outside of research.   Answer Question