PPG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 22, 2018

2.5

Contract Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Easy...a recruiter contacted me and scheduled a month in advance. I put it on my calendar and prepared accordingly...researching the company and reviewing my resume. I went in in business attire and had two people interview me separately. I then received a tour of the facility and they said they would be back to me in a few days.

Interview Questions

• Not any more difficult than other interviews I have been in. They asked me about my background and how I would place amongst other chemists.   Answer Question

Contract Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Sylmar, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

A series of arbitrary tests that evaluate comprehension and nothing else. There is no interview, I even asked specifically if there was an interview portion of the hiring process and they told me that their "tests will show us all we need to know."

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Contract Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sulphur, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PPG (Sulphur, LA) in October 2011.

Interview

I already was know well by the person that hired me so the interview was very casual

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The company I contracted through to PPG did the negotiating for me.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PPG.

Interview

I got a call from the hiring manager and quickly they asked for a suitable day to schedule a telephonic round. I cleared that round and went face to face for the second round

Interview Questions

• They asked me to write code to pull a stored procedure from sql server in c#   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delaware, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPG (Delaware, OH).

Interview

Hands down the worst, most unprofessional interview experience I have ever been a part of. I was called in for an interview onsite as my first interview because the manager “wanted to fill the position quickly.” The interview was with the manager and her colleague and went very well. The usual, behavioral questions were asked, and it lasted about an hour. After the interview, which was on Tuesday, I was told that a decision would be made by the end of the week and I would hear back soon after. Two weeks went by with no response and I sent a follow up email asking if the position was still available, to which I received no response.

About a month later I received a call asking if I was still interested in the position and a few other questions about my resume. The manager acted like I was the top candidate for the position and and would be receiving an offer soon, as she said she wanted the hiring process to move forward. The questions asked seemed to be tying up loose ends.

Another two weeks went by, and still nothing. I sent another email saying I was encouraged by the phone conversation and was still interested in the position.

After another week I received a very apologetic email stating that the job was given to someone else. I understand the manager’s decision to not offer me the job, of course, except I am extremely disappointed in how the process was handled, from the lack of communication to the false hope I was given, leading me to think I would receive an offer. I really expected more from a company my family has worked for for generations and frankly am shocked at the level of unprofessionalism. As much as I regret to say it, I will not be applying here again.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Creek, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at PPG (Oak Creek, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

Two people where in the room interviewing me. It was informal, conversational. It was mostly them talking about the job description, the hours, training and the company. I guess they just wanted to know me, they asked about my previous experience. At the end, they gave me a tour of the plant and the lab area.

Special Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Biloxi, MS).

Interview

Meet with regional manager and was hired. Was an easy process for me because I had a friend working for company and was referred as a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to cut your long hair?   1 Answer

Operational Excellence Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at PPG (Westlake, LA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very honest, relaxing and straight to the point. The hiring group knew exactly what they were looking for and it made it easy to talk about my past experiences.

Interview Questions

• What was my goal the next 5 years   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairburn, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Fairburn, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

easy, you interviewed with one of management and it took about 2 weeks to hear a response from them. Management went by a guideline as far as asking questions, if you get off topic during the interview you will have a pretty good chance of getting hired.

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allison Park, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Allison Park, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Take about 2 or 3 weeks to get back to me for onsite interview. The onsite interview is pretty intense from 8 am to 3pm. Starting with own research presentation, then five individual talks very intense almost none stop. Take me for a tour of their facility immediately after lunch. People are friendly, however did not get the offer. Informed about not being hired about a month after the onsite. Nice experience