PPG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Leadsperson Coatings Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PPG (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

First interview was a phone screening. Interviewer asks you a few yes or no questions followed by past employment questions. The first interview is mainly conducted to see if you meet the companies qualifications for the position.

Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Monroeville, PA) in February 2020.

Interview

After applying through the web portal, I got an email after ~2 weeks to schedule an interview. After selecting a time slot, I got a call from the recruiter at that specific time.

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seguin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PPG (Seguin, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

It was a lot of days but Debra helped out so much and emails after emails but after a week or so we handled everything accordingly. i am glad that i can be apart of this amazing company.

Interview Questions

• What was the reason i wanted to work for PPG?   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

on site interview followed by a on campus interview. On-campus interview included questions on my research work. On site interview included a presentation and separate sessions with employees. The questions were simple ans straight forward. The employees were really helpful

Interview Questions

• Do not exactly remember. Were related to my research   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PPG (Honolulu, HI) in January 2020.

Interview

It was a smooth process. They were very forward with what they wanted in an employee. Not must to it when it comes to sales. Manager was knowledge about occupation and wanted some that was willing to learn.

QC Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPG.

Interview

After applying to the position I was contacted by the HR department via email. Email was used to set up a phone interview with an HR rep. Scheduled the interview for the next day. The phone interview was poorly conducted by an individual whom acted very much unprofessional. She would ask questions and as I would respond, she would interrupt and state "thats not the ansewer Im looking for." I would then explain why my answer was relevant to her question...to no avail. Overall the HR rep was rude and rather disrespectful. She acted like she was extremely pressed for time and didnt want to be on the phone, interviewing candidates. On top of that, she would ask me if I had any questions for her and when I posited a question she didnt provide much information relevant to the question. I certainly hope that this is a rare incident, as multiple occurrences of such poor HR behavior would reflect poorly on the PPG recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you identified something wrong with a process.   Answer Question

Research Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PPG.

Interview

Shortlisted through campus recruiting and then invited for an onsite interview. Gave a presentation of my phd work and then I had three panel interviews. later in the evening there was a networking event with senior scientists which was a good opportunity to learn about the company's culture.

Interview Questions

• Did you have any conflict with co-workers? How did you resolve this?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PPG (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2019.

Interview

Campus interview first, gave 30-45 presentation in front of two interviewers. A group dinner later that day....
    Then two weeks later, an on-site interview with 1 h presentation and 3 sessions of the group interview...
    Mostly non-technical questions for how to resolve conflicts...

Interview Questions

• what's your management style?   1 Answer

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PPG.

Interview

First-round I interviewed on campus with one interviewer. The second round was at headquarters, 4 interviews back to back. Interviews were easy going and just be prepared with STAR stories and answering HR type questions. No technical questions were given.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume? How do you communicate at different levels?   Answer Question

Financial Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PPG (State College, PA) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Received an on campus interview within the first week of applying. Met with a former intern before the interview and was given the opportunity to ask questions. Interview took about 30 minutes and was primarily behavioral.