Pacific Sunwear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Logan, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

I was first interviewed by the store manager, and then a week later I was interviewed by the district manager. It took a long time in between interviews for them to get back to me, so from start to finish, the process took a month. It was a very laid back interview though. I would recommend dressing more casual for both interviews (jeans and a nice shirt/blazer) because the manager and district manager aren't going to dress up for you. Dress like you'd fit in well at PacSun.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment and how did you achieve that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Greenwood, IN) in April 2012.

Interview

responded to craigslist ad with my resume, got a call 2 days later. Interviewed with store manager, then 2 days later interviewed with another store manager. Next day interviewed over the phone with dm, next day did crimnal background check, 3 days later got offer.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.   1 Answer
    • tell me how you would handle a theft in your store.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (West Covina, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by both the district manager and store manger of a different store. Questions were really about what I like to do for fun, music i listen too, and my experience as a manager in past jobs.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to the table that the other candidates cannot?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Seattle, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

Initially recruited from another retail store by my Store Manager. Had my 1st interview with the SM that took about 45 minutes. General and generic interview questionaire. I wore a business suit and was told to dress the brand for my second interview. I had more experience than the SM so the interview was easy for me. My second interview was held at another store in Bellevue which is the flagship store for the USA Pacsuns. The VP of Pacsun, Patty, lives in Bellevue. Anyway, I wore skinny jeans, a fashion top and heels to the 2nd interview and was complimented right away by the district manager. The interview took about one hour. General questions gauged to learn who I am, my business and management style and my goals and achivements.

Note that there is a background and drug screen. Mine took 5 weeks because I had lived in another state and also had a felony 4 dui on my record that was 9 years old.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if Tommy is repeatedly late.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had an offer and was actually surprised because most ASM at Pacsun only make an average of 17 per hour

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview

Get ready to talk about selling culture and customer service a lot. Be yourself, yet remain professional. If you are interviewing for a manager position, make sure you talk about zoning people in, KPIs, and payroll accessibility.

Interview Questions

• None, just what you offer to the company that is different from other candidates.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grove City, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Grove City, PA) in December 2013.

Interview

Very simple process. One face to face interview and two phone interviews. No questions about the company or product itself, just soft skills required for management. (Ie. Team building, operational efficiency, merchandising, building talent and, developing others) Very easy for someone with retail management experience.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview was very short and casual. It took place in the food court with the DM who was dressed in sweats. The hiring process was extremely fast, meaning that I was called and offered the job the next day. I started the job within a week of my interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some current trends are you interested in?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Kingston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

Before I was promoted in 2011, I interviewed as a sales associate. It was an extremely laid back and pretty easy experience. It was held in the back room with the store manager at the time. I received a phone call that week and filled out paper work there and started working almost immediately.

Stock Associate Interview

Interview

I got a phone call shortly after applying for a summer job. I arrived at the store to meet the manager, it was an easy interview. I was asked a few questions about my job history. I toured the store and stockroom.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Anaheim, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Two interviews, once with director, once with VP, very straight forward and clear. Felt very welcome. No complaints overall. Would say make sure you're prepared! Very fast communication back from HR