Palo Alto Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

TSE - VMware Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (San Jose, CA).

Interview

30 min phone interview and technical screening with HR and then a 45 min interview with the hiring manager (similar to HR but a little more technical and situational).

Interview Questions

• Do you know what Exsi is? Are you familiar with deployments in the ritualized realm? Do you know what VDS and VSS? Do you know what public and private cloud is and what is meant by hybrid?   Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview and virtual onsite was good but I got ghosted by the recruiter. I asked for the result 3-4 times but no answer. I spent several hours with the company for the interview but the recruiter cannot spend one minute email that I am not considered. ??? Seriously???

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks in May 2020.

Interview

They no-showed after a couple of rescheduled manager calls. No email with an explanation. It's still amazing that this happens with professional organizations. Everyone is busy. Respect the time.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Plano, TX) in April 2020.

Interview

I had an extremely difficult time understanding all the interviewers. every single one of them was Indian(5 total) with an accent which suggested that they were not from America, which s fine, but I was forced to ask them to repeat themselves several times. After the 2nd or 3rd time I got embarrassed and tried to "wing" the answer to their questions without all the information. Needless to say I didn't do very well. I felt like if I was hired that id be the token white guy in the office.

Interview Questions

• explain trceroute., explain tcp/SSL handshake process, define the makeup of a PDU, explain the OSI model, basic troubleshooting scenario   2 Answers

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks.

Interview

Was reached out to for an initial interview, then told to follow-up if I hadn’t heard back and when I did there was no response. A week later the same recruiter reached out with a canned message and said to disregard. It absolutely gave me a negative view of the company after already seeing negative feedback on Glassdoor from current/past employees.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

First round with Recruiter then he came back to me after 3 weeks the hiring manager was busy and he want to schedule an interview. The hiring manager seems to be useless guy he is very and he don't know what is is asking all stupid questions.

Interview Questions

• Trunk vs featured branch which is best. I think he know only this thing he might be good fit for source control admin. I don't know how he ended up in that position.Waste of time.   Answer Question

Strategic Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

The team looks good on paper, but was a letdown in person. Individuals on the team are clearly going through growing pains, transitioning from banking/pe and learning to adapt to the corporate & tech environment. Overall just not the level of experience you would expect for mid-level professionals at a public software company. Very disappointed.

The company is going through some product pivots and I just could not help but feel that these guys had no idea what they were doing, and were using these interviews as a way to “get smart” and gather free consulting work / guidance. They are in dire need of someone with subscription software and new product experience.

Onsite questions were very off-base, to the point where one would think they had no idea what role they were screening for. It is more likely that they simply did not have much experience interviewing for corporate roles. They were looking for an experienced finance hire with 8-12 years of relevant experience, yet were asking high school math questions (literally).

Overall, was a very long process that dragged on for several months. Included multiple excel modeling, ppt deck building, pitching/storytelling, and case study exercises (all of which were completely ambiguous and seemed to address actual problems the company is currently facing. I repeatedly had to take initiative to follow-up with the recruiters because they were very poor at setting expectations and keeping promises. They rescheduled on me several times, and when I finally came onsite, one of the VPs seemed to be under the impression that I was the one requesting re-schedules. Everything just felt off throughout the process. Lastly, the majority of the people I met were incredibly rude and hostile.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview was in different stages. First the recruiter, 2nd Technical Personnel, 3rd Hiring Manager. The Recruiter was amazing, loved my resume and pitched for me. The Technical personnel established connections, which made it less tense for me. However, the Hiring manager barely communicated. I had to stop to ask a question after the interview to feel a sense of connection.

Interview Questions

• IP Addressing, Routing Protocol Number, OSPF Covergence, OSPF Multicast address, IP Header content and Flag, Program to determine validity of IP address, program to generate 500 IP addresses in a given Network address, Pattern matching using regular expression, version sorting and time complexity.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks.

Interview

I applied online through a form and was then contacted for a phone interview. After the phone interview I had 2 subsequent 1 hour interviews with members of the PAN legal team. The first interview was pleasant but the second interview was not. It was scheduled to last an hour and the interviewer (who didn't use face time in a Zoom call) said she had a meeting after 20 minutes and ended the call. Received a rejection email 3 weeks later. Very weird and honestly rude experience especially after 2 previous lengthy (1+ hour) interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself continuing to work at PAN in the future, in a legal support role?   1 Answer

Finance/GTM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

In my 20+ years of experience having interviewed at many companies of all shapes and sizes, I have to say this might be my worst candidate experience. There are just so many issues that I am not even going to bother listing them specifically. Disorganized, dishonest, disrespectful, disappointing, and disgusting treatment of candidates and probably of each other based on what I saw during my onsite visit. So many miserable people looking to take it out on anybody that comes their way, even someone they just met. Overall, half the interviewers were very inexperienced in corporate/operations and frankly inexperienced in screening and recruiting talent. Questions were idiotic and a complete waste of time. It is almost like they want you to have a bad experience because they don’t want new hires. Like disgruntled strikers attacking those that dare to cross the picket line. If you are curious to see for yourself or have time to spare and would like to see how NOT to run a candidate process, then apply. Try your best to stay kind, polite, and professional through it. Know that you will probably be ignored in the end. But if you are serious about finding a good opportunity and not just interviewing for kicks, I suggest your time is better spent elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• The questions were so bad that if I told, you’d have a hard time believing me. You will see.   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Plano, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

5 Interviews total. 2 over the phone and 3 on-site in one day. The people that I interviewed with were all extremely professional and very kind. I would recommend anyone at the very least apply to the job as they will not make you feel bad if you do not get the job.

Interview Questions

• The general "Describe a time when..." type of questions in which they want you to think of solid examples on your feet. Not too hard especially if you have work experience and can pull examples from previous employers.   Answer Question