Palo Alto Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview Process was organized compared to some of the companies I have worked and interviewed with in my career. HR was on top of everything including the final offer process. It was a pleasent experience.

Interview Questions

• Everything requested was related to the business and my experince. Why I wanted to work for Palo Alto Networks and who I am out side work.   Answer Question

Commissions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (San Jose, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Sent in my app online, recruiters responds job jobvite literally within 10 min of my submission with a phone call. This was super fast to my surprise. We set up time to have a talk about the job. I was fully qualified for the position, met all the requirements listed in their ad. Recruiter says will forward resume to the hiring manager for review. Waited over a week and got passed upon for phone interview....

Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Great interview experience. The process is very structured and punctual. You are welcomed with smiles, the ambassador shows you around and gets you ready. They have everything printed and schedule out for you. Interviewed with 3 individuals and all 3 were amazing people to talk to. Very informative, and to the point.

Keep it in!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Did a project first at home for 4 hours PASSED, then onsite programming for 4 hours PASSED, then face to face interview with 4-5 people, each one took 45mins. Finally failed with one interviewer. He cannot understand bit operation very well. Spending a long time to explain what n&(n-1) is doing and using this and a loop could count the 1 bits in a integer. The interviewer is too weak, don't want to work with guys like him.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks.

Interview

My friend referred me there and two days after got an telephone interview appointment. The phone interview lasts around 45 minutes and the recruiter is Laura Chiang. It has been 2 weeks since the phone interview, still haven't got any reply yet.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are about projects on my resume. Asked me to rate my programming skills in Java and C. During the phone interview, I am asked 6 very basic object-oriented coding questions. like what is the super class in Java? what is the final class? Can final class have abstract method? When overwrite the hash map class, which class will be modified as well?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Interview

This is the worst interview ever! I had interviewed with so many companies before never met such rude and arrogant interviewer as I met here. They are not trained and not competent and unprofessional. They don't know how to do interview, I am a Java programmer and work on web application but the interviewer keep ask me kernel question even I told him I never did system programming before, and the director attitude is so rude and looks like somebody pissed him off when he first came in. He gave a question that is not well defined and ask me to write code, he did not even clear on the statement, and did not let me ask questions. And he said I think your previous Java skills are not fit for this C position without ask any further question, but he know what my skill set are on my resume before I came in. And then another interviewer came in and I asked can you explain what you do? He said now I am the interviewer asking question...I was so surprised by this answer, and these people did not even know the basic courtesy... I would never want join a group with this kind of culture....

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through their portal and after around 1 month I got a call from HR. The entire process after that was very quick. I eventually got an offer after 3-4 days of my interview. Interview questions were simple with stress on logical thinking. I advice you to strengthen your basics before the interview. If you are applying for software engineering roles and Systems level roles, do C thoroughly and Networking basics.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

45 minute phone interview, was asked a lot about my projects. had to take a C test first even though it had nothing to do with the position which i did poorly on, but the interviewers said they didnt look at that at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The onsite interview are talking with couple engineers and manager working for the management team, the questions are some basic ones about have you ever use this API or system calls before, or what's the concept of the multiple thread. The overall feeling is not that friendly, and the company is like a traditional security company.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between system call and library call   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and then on-site interview. Comparing to my previous interviews, it was one of my best experiences, the interviewers were respectful, kind and smart. After my phone screens, they arrange my trip and I had a full day interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Oakland, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

No communication at all. Received Phone screen, technical interview from a Engineer. After the interview, no follow up email at all. Should at least send me a reject email. Very bad experience.