Palo Alto Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview Process was organized compared to some of the companies I have worked and interviewed with in my career. HR was on top of everything including the final offer process. It was a pleasent experience.

Interview Questions

• Everything requested was related to the business and my experince. Why I wanted to work for Palo Alto Networks and who I am out side work.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone call with 7 people, in-person interview with 5 people. Worst thing, cancelled the position 1 hour after my interview was completed - said that they needed a Director!! Wow !! They did not know what they wanted and wasted atleast 10 hours of my time!!! Free advise to all - Stay away from such time wasters!

Interview Questions

• None of the interviewers were really motivated to even ask great questions!!   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

WORST PROCESS EVER!

I applied sometime in October at the Santa Clara office and a recruiter reached out to me for the initial phone screen! I replied with available time(s) and she never replied back. I waited for a week to follow up but still didn't get a response. Because I really was interested in the role i followed up again after 1 month and hit a dead end.
    Cut to recently, I saw one of the other recruiters of Palo Alto Network sharing her love and passion for the company on LinkedIn and stating how lovely the environment was and encouraging people to apply there. That's when I decided to write her an email and tell her my experience. She was very responsive and apologized for such a bad experience and said that she will look into it. 4 days later I heard from the original recruiter apologizing and asking if i was still interested in talking and I sent over some time(s) again. WELL! Old habits die hard i think. She never responded and when i followed up she said he was busy and she could only talk a week later at a specific time. I agreed to talk then (just to check if she would actually call) well, of course she did not!
    What a waste of time and energy the entire process was!

It may be a great company to work for - but if any recruiter is having a look at this please put some thought and effort in the process of recruiter. It may also be this one particular individual but with such bad experience I don't think i will ever think about applying here again!

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The Palo Alto Recruiter initially contacted me via linkedin. They were very proactive and engaged initially, however after the second round interview there was a dramatic change. I ended up having to call the recruiter in California to remind him that we needed to schedule the third round interview. The third round interview was 3-4hrs I took off work on a Friday, which resulted in ZERO feedback. After a week I reached out to the recruiter via email and a phone call, neither of which were answered. This was one of the most unprofessional interviewing processes I've experienced. I can only assume they weren't interested in extending an offer, as they didn't have the courtesy to let me know either way. I don't recommend wasting your time interviewing.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

Interview

The process was fluid.The recruiter was very responsive and never felt like I was left hanging.

There was some schedule conflicts (my fault) but the recruiters and coordinators were very accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Are you a firefighter or a detective?   1 Answer

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was fairly standard. Nothing too hard that if you have some HR Coordination experience, you would be able to answer the majority of the questions. However, they talked a lot about candidate experience such as having a welcome basket for the candidate and making sure they experience what's it like to work there but I got none of it...so it felt kind of hypocritical, especially when it was so emphasized in the interview. What's more, they said they were going to get back to me with feedback in the next few days but I followed up and I still haven't heard if I was rejected or advance! It's been a few weeks now, so I'm guessing I didn't get it..

Interview Questions

• How would you go about scheduling for people who travel a lot?   Answer Question

TAC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with HR. Basic CCNA level questions. ARP, port numbers, statefull/stateless FW, TCP (syn/ack), Ping/Traceroute, Subnet.
    have understanding of basic WAN technology, routing Protocol OSPF, and BGP.
    Scenarios concerning how to troubleshoot the routing protocols. Scenarios concerning VLSM too.,

Interview Questions

• How many bits are in a TCP connection?   2 Answers

Interview

5 separate interviews. 1 with recruiter, 1 with hr, 1 with 6 engineers in groups of 2 (3hours), 1 with upper management, 1 with first line supervisor and trainer. Finally hired on contract because I showed enough motivation and new some fundamental networking.

Interview Questions

• describe NAT, ssl, ipsec, ospf, and route tables.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They put me in a 6 month training program since I wasn't at the tier 1 level. 30.00/hour contract to hire until I cross over.

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

2 steps.
    FIRST: Phone, went well, talked about resume, js basics
    SECOND: Onsiie - 4 rounds - js basics, algorithms, MVC, Node.js, Anguar, Resume. concentrated a lot on my projects, also why would you like to work at palo alto networks?

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone conversation with one of the leads which went pretty well. Next round was an onsite 2 hour technical test.

Extremely unprofessional company though. I followed up like a zillion times for feedback about the technical test. First couple times, recruiter said she had not received feedback from engineering team and will get back to me once it happens. But after waiting for 2 more weeks, tried reaching the recruiter again. Even recruiter was unreachable after that. Its been almost 4 weeks since the technical test but no feedback.

I would think a company this big would at least have the courtesy to provide a feedback even if it is negative to candidates. I would never ever apply to this company and never recommend anyone there either.

Interview Questions

• Creating a binary search tree from an array. Couple others were not that tough either.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

The interview process took very long. There was a lot of follow ups and waiting from my first HR phone screening till I talked to the hiring manager. And more follow ups till they responded I didn't get the job. Phone interviews were rather short.