Palo Alto Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview Process was organized compared to some of the companies I have worked and interviewed with in my career. HR was on top of everything including the final offer process. It was a pleasent experience.

Interview Questions

• Everything requested was related to the business and my experince. Why I wanted to work for Palo Alto Networks and who I am out side work.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer (QA Automation) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

My application and resume' were already in their system.
    Contacted by an internal recruiter.
    Phone screen with hiring manager.
    In-person interview.
    Waiting for go/no-go to next interview round. Next round will be with interviewers from other groups.

Finance Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application in early October 2017 and had an on-campus interview during the 4th week of the month. I received word about a week later that I had been invited to an onsite interview during the 3rd week of November. The recruiter mentioned I could expect to hear back about two weeks after the onsite interview - I have not heard back yet.
    First round on-campus interview (45 minutes)
    Second round onsite interview (5 interviews of 45 minutes each)

Interview Questions

• Some of these questions were specific to me because I had an investment management and banking background.

First Round:
      1. Tell me about yourself and why you want to join Palo Alto Networks.
      2. What's your thought process for building a financial model?
      3. How would you improve wallet share with a customer?
      4. If you had to design a dashboard for a senior executive, what would you include in it?
      5. Tell me about a time when you fixed a problem that no one else seemed to care about.

Second Round:

1. Tell me about yourself and why you want to join Palo Alto Networks.

Behavioral Questions:
      2. Tell me about a time when you fixed a problem that no one else seemed to care about.
      3. If you notice an error or problem that others have not noticed, how would you respond?
      4. What skills are transferable from your previous work experience?
      5. If I asked your former colleagues for 3 strengths and 2 weaknesses, what would they say?
      6. What are your long-term career goals?
      7. Tell me about a time when you proposed a change to senior management and how they pushed back on your proposal.

Finance/Technical Questions:
      8. Walk me through how you would value a company.
      9. Walk me through an indirect cash flow statement.
      10. Walk me through how you would build a valuation model. Keep it high level.
      11. Tell me about a time when you analyzed financial data and made a recommendation.
      12. How would you estimate the cost of building a floating stadium?
      13. Tell me what you know about our company's financial performance.
      14. What would you do to improve the company's operations and financial performance?
      15. What in your opinion is the biggest macroeconomic problem the world faces?
      16. What is your definition of alpha?
      17. How would you rate your Excel and Powerpoint skills?   1 Answer

Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Great interview experience. The process is very structured and punctual. You are welcomed with smiles, the ambassador shows you around and gets you ready. They have everything printed and schedule out for you. Interviewed with 3 individuals and all 3 were amazing people to talk to. Very informative, and to the point.

Keep it in!

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Initially contacted by corporate recruiter who discussed two possible positions. Phone screen with hiring manager. Invited in for a first round that was primarily technical (with a coding test). Invited in for a second round that was more about role and process, including with Senior V.P.

Interview Questions

• Engaged in a discussion covering a complex engineering problem, then was asked how I would decompose the problem to make it tractable and get buy-in.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted via LinkedIn. There was initial interview by recruiter, which was the phone screening. Next interview was telephonic and it was with Hiring manager. Then on site was within a week. Offer came quickly, within 2 weeks.

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks.

Interview

HR was organized. Fast response and followup. I passed phone and first round onsite because I was interviewed by the team that was hiring. I was asked based on the job description and CV. Second round was going south because I was interviewed by other teams which totally different than the jobs description and my experience.

Interview Questions

• algo, hw questions (how to wire), drivers, embedded system, OS, linux system programming, multi-thread programming, L2, L3, QoS, network stack. HW schematic and bus protocol, even write a piece of code of linux kernel. Some behavior questions.   1 Answer

Education Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Two phone interviews, in person panel interview in Santa Clara.

They declined to reimburse for travel expenses (parking, uber, meals) other than airfare and hotel after initially indicating that would be covered.

Interview Questions

• 45 min demonstration of knowledge transfer skills   1 Answer

AP Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clarita, CA).

Interview

Waited for months, they've expressed interest then at the end they've wasted so much of my time. Interviewers seem presumptuous and judgemental, and the HR Rep was telling negative about her previous work, what kind of people are these?

Interview Questions

• Why do you have so much consulting work?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter sent me message through LinkedIn and after replying he called in and asked some general questions and some simple network question, he was impressed by my quick answers, one week later a manager called me and again asked some basic questions about where I am working now and why I'm willing to leave and again some simple technical questions, 1 week later they scheduled 3 rounds interviews

Interview Questions

• 2 technicals and 1 with managers, I answered most of the technical questions, more scenario base and almost I solved them with right approaches as all interviewers looked satisfied by my responses and then managers asked me some, general questions about what do you yourself in next 5 years, why this company and so on, but after 1 day they responded that we found another candidate that matches more with this position (they usually contacted me 2-3 days after each interview) but it seems it was just an excuse and all the process was for hiring someone elses because they canceled scheduled onsite interview of another colleague so they just held mine because they needed enough interviews   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks in September 2017.

Interview

Met them at college career fair and gave me a on campus interview. The whole process took 40 mins. Questions are quite easy. There is still no further information from them.

Interview Questions

• Remove a node from LL. Merge two sorted LL. Binary Search.   1 Answer