Pearson Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pearson Software Developer Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Got the call from HR two weeks after applied. She barely asked me anything, just like "how is your job searching?""Are you still available". Then she told me to be onsite the next week. The onsite interview lasted 30 minutes, two managers asked me about some basic Java, SQL questions. The whole process was smooth and comfortable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pearson

Software Development Interview

Interview

First round is phone interview. The guy asked several questions about Java features and my resume. The second round is onsite. I was still asked question on my resume. Nothing too weird or difficult.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

3 rounds 1 HR 1 technical 1 onsite. HR would ask basic questions on your resume. Technical would be through google hangouts. Basic programming and logical questions. Question on Pseudocode. Last round would be onsite, just to assess your personality and provide you with offer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson in January 2013.

Interview

A contact from a third-party recruiter and associated hassles, then a phone screen with the team, then a short in-person interview. The interview was a few personal questions and light technical questions, then FizzBuzz. Somewhat non-standard and easy for an entry-level developer interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pearson (Iowa City, IA) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied through campus job fair. I got called 1-2 weeks later for phone screen interview. They basically asked behavioral questions. Then, I was invited to their facility in Iowa City. During on site interview, they did not even test my technical ability. Every interview was just about behavioral. There was one aptitude test too. They basically test your pattern matching skills. It is a great company though. It is the largest education company in fact. I have been expecting the result for 2.5 weeks. The recruiter promised to get back to me in 1 week. But it's been 2.5 weeks and they still haven't made any decision yet. I am not sure what they are considering. But, I just hope I can get an offer from them in the future.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you have to admit that you were wrong or made mistake.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson (San Antonio, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

3 phone interviews then an in person interview

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pearson in September 2011.

Interview

I met them on campus career fair and schedule an interview next morning. It was a very standard interview held by 1 hr and 1 department manager. All are behavioral questions. They asked about strength and weak points. There are also teamwork questions and about difficulities.

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pearson in April 2010.

Interview

Recruiters came to our university for the campus interview. I was interviewed by an HR and a software developer. Questions were mostly behavioral. I thought it went well but I didn't pass.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation when you have different opinions with others?   Answer Question