Pearson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.7

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process took place over several sessions. First, a screening by HR. Second, about two weeks later with the director of the group I was interviewing with, a manager, and a program lead. This was about two hours altogether, very relaxed but intensive with a lot of attention placed on how I felt I could innovate the department. Third, about a month later I talked with just the manager I ended up reporting to who had more job description information and was selecting between three final applicants.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you could adapt your current experience at X to this position and what new perspective do you think it would provide our group to improve on what we deliver to our customers?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very nice conversation first with future manager then with coworkers. I had a chance to meet everybody (about 5 people) in one day. Decision was made next day, which also is very nice.

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

The guy who made the interview with me very cold and unfriendly which might sound like very professional and serious for some people. No personal conversations at all. They asked me what I am doing now. Asked about my previous experiences. I answered at least half of the skills questions correctly I believe. No offer yet. Even if get an offer would not take it because of the lack of interpersonal communication from their side.

Interview Questions

• how to join two table rows in SQL?   1 Answer

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via email and ask if I wanted to be considered for this position and to find out what my salary expectations were. Recruiter wanted to know if my salary expectations.

Test Center Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

They were very nice and casual. We had to take a few breaks since people kept coming in but it wasn't for very long. The questions weren't too hard and I felt comfortable.

Digital Content Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online for this remote role via FlexJobs in early January. Shortly thereafter, an HR associate scheduled a phone screening for the next week. The conversation flowed well and seemed overall pleasant. I was under the assumption I'd be hearing from the hiring manager, based on this contact. Not only did the company not care to update me for three more weeks, but the same HR associate called to let me know someone else had accepted their job offer. Why not reject me once you decided not to pursue me, rather than keep me hanging and hoping? I would recommend better communication with candidates in the future. And please, relay rejections via email to avoid false hope! I would not apply with this company again in the future based on this experience.

Interview Questions

• Please share your background and why you're a fit for this role.   Answer Question

HSSL Sales Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson in January 2017.

Interview

I was sent an email from the hiring manager with 10 full blown interview questions. I was asked to respond. I responded the next day. I was informed this was to keep the interview process moving. I received an email several days later to set up an phone interview. The process was straight forward, there were a lot of questions about my college degree and time management during college. The interview went on and then again circled back around to the questions about my degree, which I obtained over 10 years ago and have been working in sales since. I understand that the idea of these questions sort of related to the position as I would be on college campuses all day.

I was told that days during the busy time could be up to 14 hour days. I completed the interview and never received any word back about the position, not an email or phone call over 8 weeks later. At this point I decided even if they called I would not want to work for a company that moves this slow without communication. I also read in other reviews that there is a period of the interview process where the candidate must go on campus and speak to professors about textbooks, etc. All a part of the interview process. This seems very time consuming, I understand why they might want you to do this, however, I think it would be better to shadow someone instead of doing the job without receiving an offer. I am glad it did not come to that as I would have declined any further interviews.

Interview Questions

• Did you work during college?   1 Answer

Test Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Pearson (Fresno, CA).

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview which included 5 general customer service type questions together with information about the company rhe position and hours.. The second interview was one-on-one at the testing center. Both interviewing personnel were friendly and polite the atmosphere was comfortable and the interview experience was positive and upbeat.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation wherein you were dealing with a disgruntled customer and how what the outcome or resolution was.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Centennial, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

After going back and forth in email over the course of a month the Interview was scheduled with about 2 hours notice. When I showed up to office dressed in a suite and tie ready to interview I was told the hiring manager wasn't even there and that he would call me.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style, and 5 or 6 other basic interview questions downloaded from the internet.   Answer Question

Product Manager Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Process was smooth but I don't think it was the right fit. I went through a phone screen, take-home exercise, 3 interviews via phone. Was sent an email afterwards that I did not get the position. Everyone was perfectly nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any unexpected questions, they were all pretty standard.   Answer Question