Pearson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pearson Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.7

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via email and ask if I wanted to be considered for this position and to find out what my salary expectations were. Recruiter wanted to know if my salary expectations.

Test Center Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

They were very nice and casual. We had to take a few breaks since people kept coming in but it wasn't for very long. The questions weren't too hard and I felt comfortable.

Digital Content Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online for this remote role via FlexJobs in early January. Shortly thereafter, an HR associate scheduled a phone screening for the next week. The conversation flowed well and seemed overall pleasant. I was under the assumption I'd be hearing from the hiring manager, based on this contact. Not only did the company not care to update me for three more weeks, but the same HR associate called to let me know someone else had accepted their job offer. Why not reject me once you decided not to pursue me, rather than keep me hanging and hoping? I would recommend better communication with candidates in the future. And please, relay rejections via email to avoid false hope! I would not apply with this company again in the future based on this experience.

Interview Questions

• Please share your background and why you're a fit for this role.   Answer Question

Test Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Pearson (Fresno, CA).

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview which included 5 general customer service type questions together with information about the company rhe position and hours.. The second interview was one-on-one at the testing center. Both interviewing personnel were friendly and polite the atmosphere was comfortable and the interview experience was positive and upbeat.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation wherein you were dealing with a disgruntled customer and how what the outcome or resolution was.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Centennial, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

After going back and forth in email over the course of a month the Interview was scheduled with about 2 hours notice. When I showed up to office dressed in a suite and tie ready to interview I was told the hiring manager wasn't even there and that he would call me.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style, and 5 or 6 other basic interview questions downloaded from the internet.   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Everything seemed very organized and not at all intimidating. I had 3 interviews in person, one after the other, and did not have to wait terribly long for any of them. The questions were a bit generic but the interviewers seemed very sincere. One of the people who interviewed me was such a pleasure to talk to and was very encouraging of my career overall. He gave some great insight into what the role was and what it could transition into.

Interview Questions

• What do you foresee being the most challenging part of this role?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Had 4 rounds of Interview - First round phone screening with HR, Second round - Phone interview with QA Manager, Third round - Phone Interview with Team Leads from different Team, Fourth Round - In person - White Board coding questions. All round were technical rounds except the first HR phone screening. Interview with team and manager was pretty decent and professional.

Interview Questions

HR wasn't open for conversation - seemed to be rude. The title advertised wasn't in their system and they map it role as per their interest rather than the job description.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

The hiring manager reached out to me via social media about an opening in the area. She then called me, and upon finding out I was recently laid off, told me the company didn't like hiring people who weren't currently employed. She offered to setup an in person interview, but then quickly after the phone call sent me an email and told me the job had been canceled. Very unprofessional.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pearson in October 2016.

Interview

I was called by the hiring manager about the open position. First off, it took three calls for him to have ample time to speak with me. When I showed up for the interview the next day, the interviewing manager was 20 minutes late. This confirmed what I suspected: he was very unorganized. I have been in publishing for almost 10 years and I would not pursue a position with Pearson after this experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest school you currently cover?
      Explain a time when you turned a difficult situation into a positive or a closed sale/adoption?
      Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pearson in October 2016.

Interview

The district manager contacted me via LinkedIn and asked if I would be interested in interviewing for the position. I had a lengthy phone interview mainly due to my inquisition. At the end I was asked to move on to a face to face interview with both him and the technology specialist. I was asked at the end to move forward with the next step in the process and they would be in touch to let me know. A few days later which was a Thursday I was informed of the on campus project. I was instructed to visit one 2 year campus and one 4 year campus and interview as many professors as I could regarding the industry then submit a report the following Tuesday and attend another interview that Wednesday. This ended up being too quick of a turn around time for me due to a family emergency so I sent an email and a LinkedIn message. They never responded which I thought was extremely unprofessional after the very friendly interaction I felt we had during the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Role play: you are an on campus recruiter and we are a family visiting the campus. Sell us on the campus of your choice.   Answer Question