Pearson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

5 interviews with teammates and Director. Individual meetings with each. Overall basic questions for each team outing their responsibility and how they would work with the PR/Community Manager. Nothing out of the order. Would ask to pitch a specific product or give examples of past media/community work. Successes/ challenges of past work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to go back and negotiate to an even better offer than initially offered.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pearson (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process is apparently lengthy; there is also a portion where they have you go on campus and see what you can do in the field, I was contacted by Pearson about the position. I spoke with a manager over the phone in a preliminary screening; he was very nice and willing to give helpful information about the position. I met with him at a hotel for the interview and even though I asked lots of questions what Pearson actually sells is still a little vague for me to describe.

Interview Questions

• What is your outside sales experience? What are the steps you took to prepare for the interview? What are your personal goals?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Phone Interview- Screening and role play.

In Person Interview- More screening and resume discussion.

Campus Project- Go out on a solo mission and "act" as if you are a rep. Lengthy and detailed report to follow.

Technology Demonstration- (Role play) Pitch a sales presentation of learning technology to "professors." Also, they give you scenarios.

*Final Interview- This step is TBD, but I had an "extra interview" in person with a regional VP. (This step is usually over the phone) Yes, it's that competitive!

This process is grueling and very long, mine ran 2-3 months. They make sure they weed out those who want it, from those who don't.

It's a very competitive process so bring your A-Game and focus only on this process. It's hard to juggle multiple processes when trying to give this one your all. Remember, you could be competing with people from the industry, so show how you can bring something different to the table.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pearson in October 2016.

Interview

I was called by the hiring manager about the open position. First off, it took three calls for him to have ample time to speak with me. When I showed up for the interview the next day, the interviewing manager was 20 minutes late. This confirmed what I suspected: he was very unorganized. I have been in publishing for almost 10 years and I would not pursue a position with Pearson after this experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest school you currently cover?
      Explain a time when you turned a difficult situation into a positive or a closed sale/adoption?   Answer Question

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewing with Pearson was a pleasant process. First, I was screened by Human Resources over the phone who asked about salary requirements. I then met with the hiring manager, and his supervisor. Everyone was pleasant and professional. I was offered the job and took it with very little or no negotiations. Salary negotiations were "take it or leave it".

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

One day at Pearson location. Information session at the beginning. Lunch is provided. Two rounds of interviews on-site by project managers. around 40 minutes for each. All questions are related to resume.

Interview Questions

• Projects you have done, most difficult part while coding, and career goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Iowa City, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

received an email invitation to an on-site interview one month after applied. it happened on a Friday from 10 am to 3:30 pm with a group of kids. the morning session are presentation of company and technology used, and the afternoon session was a company tour and individual interview. The actual interview is with 2 different senior developer or tech manager. They came with printed list of behavioral questions and took notes. it was very present and I had a great time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a programming project that you've completed outside of class   Answer Question
    • tell me a time that you have to voice your opinion to another team member   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Interview

It was a behavioral interview. All questions were normal HR questions. The interviewer was extremely friendly and makes you very comfortable during the whole screening. The interview lasted for approximately 20 minutes . It was a nice experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

One phone interview which was just questions about my resume. Then I had an onsite interview for 3 hours with technical round, a written quiz and a group interview. It went pretty smoothly. I had to stay at the office the whole day for the 3 hours interview I had. But the people were super friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions about java, javascript and sql   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pearson (Tempe, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

I went to the career fair at my university, they like my resume. They contacted me asking for an availability for a phone interview. I gave them the time, then they called me and chatted for around 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• General questions, prior work experience, expected graduation date, availability.   Answer Question