Pearson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pearson Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2018

2.7

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Interview

Interview with hiring manager. Then with members of team. Didn’t take longer than an hour. Enjoyable and not stressful experience. Would recommend to anyone that was looking for a stress free interview process.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Chicago, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

Overall was an easy interview. I was interviewed by the associate director for the business unit the position was under as well as the associate director for another unit overlooking a similar university. We began by chatting and asked a few behavioral type questions. Before we knew it the interview was done.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to deliver bad news? How'd you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

1st a 15mins call with recruiter, followed by an 30 mins phone call few days later, and an 2.5 hours video interview a week later for final rounds. Conducted in a extremely unprofessional manner. The final was scheduled for 4 hours and 5 interviewers, 2 interviewers not showed up, only last for 2.5hours. Few days later told I was too junior for this role. During the interview, you could tell few of interviewer were not really knowledgeable, they asked questions but they only known the superficial answer. And the worst thing is, two of them, asked me to write code on some codepad, and they didn't even bother to open the link and put the question there, they asked me to share my screen which is ridiculous, and only said the question, during the coding exercise, they were eating there lunch or something, really unprofessional and showed no respect what so ever! The sound they were chewing their food was super distracting while you were coding during the interview. This is the worst interview experiences I ever had in my life. Two other interviewers were pretty decent and know stuff.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

My first interaction was with HR, which was a quick call to go over my experience. The next 2 interviews were video interviews with lots of questions about my experience in relation to the position. My last interview was a phone interview. Although only 30 minutes was set for each of the interviews they lasted well beyond that 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in working remotely?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and included four rounds of interviews with various members of the team. They were a combination of video chat and in person interviews. The process went very quickly from the time I was first contacted to offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite app and how would you improve it?   Answer Question

Test Proctor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Chandler, AZ) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone interview regarding my background and my experience in customer service . Also asked some behavioral questions and conflict resolution scenarios . First interviewed by a recruiter, then by a regional manager and then in person by an employee

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at Pearson in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online, and then got an email from correspondents in Manila for an online interview through google hangouts. I heard back several weeks later that I did not get the position. The interviewer was very informative and kind.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pearson (Champaign, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

Behavior interview asking what I've done previously.
    Pearson was not using any javascript framework for example AngularJS or ReactJS.
    It's a company providing computer based testing software.
    It was lot different from what I expected so I had nothing much to say and present about myself.

Interview Questions

• Your experience and project   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Interview was very easy going. Panel asked me questions about my PM experience and challenges I faced in getting things done. Questions about the overall lifecycle management and delivery of project.

Interview Questions

• About project lifecycle management   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Had a phone interview first, and then two in-person interviews. All three went very well. I was asked to create a project in response to several "What would you do...?" questions.