Pearson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.8

Content Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

I had 3 or 4 phone interviews, then was called in for a series of face-to-face interviews. Leave enough time to check in at the crowded lobby reception and then again at the floor you're heading to. My first interviewer was slightly rude and condescending. The second one barraged me with questions machine-gun style. I thought it had gone well enough but I guess not because I never heard back. I reached out to the hiring manager (Ms. Rude & Condescending) and she flat-out ignored me. Never even wrote back. I dodged a bullet because I would not want to work with people like that. Very unprofessional experience with Pearson. No thank you!

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Interview process was dependent on the interviewer. No uniform experience of a brand. Hiring managers showed lack of interest in preparation before the interview.

Interviewers are just in a hurry to select/ reject a candidate for immediate results. Recruiters did not pay attention to making a candidate know about the company to make the candidate feel good during the personal interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your current job and how soon can you start delivering results if you join us?   Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

First one was very technical but fun. Second one was laid back slightly technical. Recived and offer after a few days. Very well done in my eyes and not forcing outdated practices or corporate loyalty demands..

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite SIEM software   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied through a contracting company. Called for in-person interview. After completing the first interview, called for second followup interview. And offered position after the second interview. Whole process was good and took only a week

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Pretty streamline process. Start with phone screening interview by the technical recruiter, interview with the teams that you will be working with, technical interview with the coding questions or problems

Production Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

After multiple positive interviews and meeting the entire team, I had to follow up multiple times before receiving a rejection email. Like other candidates, I don't think I would have been notified if I hadn't been as persistent. I was told that they went with a more local candidate, which blew me away because I told them I was relocating regardless, and wasn't asking for moving expenses as part of my package.

Interview Questions

• What are three words a current colleague would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Portfolio Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was emailed by an HR representative requesting a phone interview. The interview seemed to go well and she told me that she would be in contact with me again in the near future to set up a follow up interview with a hiring manager, but I was never contacted again and the subsequent emails that I sent went unanswered.

Interview Questions

• What is one problem you have faced at your current job and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Online Writing Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Birmingham, AL) in July 2017.

Interview

Turned in resume and online application. Once that was screened, I was sent a link that gave examples of completed assessments. Then I was asked to complete an assessment based on the reviewed examples. Once I submitted the assessment, I was notified I did well (within 24 hours). I then received a separate email with an offer and request to complete online paperwork to accept offer and do background check. Everything was completely automated and online. There were deadlines to complete it (I waa given 7 days to complete the assessment and 3 days for the background check info).

Interview Questions

• The assessment asks you to review a submitted piece, and add critiques/comments in the requested format and modeled after examples they provided previously.   Answer Question

Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Chandler, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

I was emailed by the recruiter, she sent me a survey asking about mu PPT & Excel skills. I was later called by the recruiter. I thought this would be a simple "Tell me about yourself" and verify the information on your resume call. It was a bit more than that. Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a failure that you turned into a positive, How proficient are you with PPT/Excel. How do you handle many priorities?

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Application through Monster. Qualifying phone call, then showed up with several other people for a F to F interview. Interview was about an hour, then I was sent a questionnaire. Three questions. I answered and sent back. Three days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest customer you ever dealt with?   1 Answer