Pegasystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pegasystems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I heard about the job opening through my University career services site, and applied online. After two phone screenings, I had an on site interview, where I met with two different members of the team, and took a code test. Didn't get the job in the end, but it was an enjoyable process.

Interview Questions

• Convert a string of roman numerals into an integer (ie MCMLXII -> 1962)   Answer Question

Cloud Security Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pegasystems.

Interview

Fun interview. Standard questions and white board analytical exercises. Interview length was significant as each interview was about 45 mins. Very detailed overview of resume and experience. Left feeling challenged and excited.

Interview Questions

• If there is a 5 gallon jug and a 3 gallon jug how can you measure 4 gallons   3 Answers

Senior UI Solutions Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Started with a simple recruiter call, personality quiz, then an easy recorded video interview with softball questions, then a technical interview, then a design interview, then final meet and greet call with the director. Took a while with a lot of steps but nothing was terribly difficult. All done online.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult experience you've had with a client.   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred by an employee - so the initial screening was a phone conversation with the hiring manager - after that conversation we set up time for me to go out to Cambridge, MA for in-person interview.
    The week before the in-person interview I was given access to the lite version of their application - Pega Express and asked to create a demo for a fictional client and present it at my in-person interview- which seems brilliant considering that's what the position would actually be doing - if hired.
    Prior to the Cambridge interview there was a HR screening - where we covered why I was interested and legal requirements of needing a credit check and background check.
    The in-person interview included meeting with different managers on the sales and solution consulting side. Most seemed to be looking for intent and personality fits. At the end of the day, I presenting a demo of a Pega application. During that presentation they asked high-level questions - mostly looking for the ability to conduct a meeting, create report and appeal to technical AND business questions...

Interview Questions

• They asked about dealing with customers in difficult situations   Answer Question

Product Marketing/Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through an online school career platform. Received an email a few weeks later to set up a phone screen. First phone screen had no questions for me, just info about the company and position then the recruiter set me up with an actual phone screen a couple days later. Asked some general questions you would normally expect. They set me up with a 5 person interview with all the analysts/consultants I would be working under. They were all very friendly and the interviews were more conversational than just straight questions. They really wanted to get a feel for who you are what you bring to the table. Did not receive an offer even though I was told I interviewed well but they decided to go with a candidate with more relevant experience/knowledge of their product/field.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work within team environments?   1 Answer

Technical Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I've talked with several different recruiters about a few different technical writing jobs at Pega.

We go through the phone screening, they say I'm a good candidate, they low ball a salary range, I remind them that it's not an appropriate range for the area they're recruiting in and the background they're asking candidates to have. They say the salary is negotiable and they want me to do a phone screen with the hiring manager. They promise to follow up and then they disappear off the face of the earth.

This has happened with both external recruiters and in-house recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Can you send me your portfolio so I can pass that on with your resume to the manager?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through my university. I was first contacted for a recorded interview. The recruiter then called me to discuss next steps and we schedule a phone screen, which was fairly basic. That was followed by a full day at the Cambridge office interviewing with five different people, which all went pretty well. In general, I felt that I had connected well with everyone I had interviewed with. A few weeks after the interview, the recruiter called me again to give feedback, although when she called me she did not really have any feedback other than everyone really liking me but ultimately deciding to give the position to someone else.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with challenges working in a group?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

HR never got back for several weeks after applying. They finally reached out after I sent a follow up email. Phone screening was scheduled. The person I spoke to was quite rude and sounded as if he was not keen in listening. Just after 5 min of conversation, he stated that they specifically are looking for Java background & I don't have any and ended the conversation abruptly. If that's the case, why setup a phone screening. They could've figured that out, had they reviewed my resume properly at the first place.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

The process took 6 weeks. A recruiter reached out by LinkedIn. Then after 4 phone interviews with some people in HR, Sales Directors and Hiring Manager I was invited to a face-to-face interview in Boston. They had previously sent me the agenda and the expectations for the interviews. In addition to meeting with many people across different departments and doing a presentation for a hypothetical customer, I enjoyed Pega taking the time and have a solution consultant do a demo for me in which I was able to learn about the platform and quickly assess my potential there. It was thorough and dynamic process. A must read for the interview process and for your career as a sales professional "The Challenger Sale". They will reference it a lot.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a recent multi-million dollar deal from end-to-end   1 Answer

Sales Representative - Corporate Markets Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

People where very nice and he interview was very structured. They are extremely well organized. You have to do a writing excercise and presentation. You meet with the entire team and that is great. The product is great too. The issue they are having is trying to position the product against companies like SalesForce and Microsoft Dynamics. The attitude is that we already lost to them. Don't be over-enthusiastic about wanting to change this. The sentiment is not to make any changes. When I asked "what are you doing to get to the decision makers before SalesForce and Microsoft Dynamics?" and I got a blank stare. I was asked "what I would do", I explained what my previous company did and there was a look of confusion. I was told that the teams should probably make more calls, but it is what it is. For the presentation, you will be asked to present a technology that you have knowledge on. I presented their technology and created a very simple demo in a system they have called PegaExpress. When I wanted to pull up the demo, they said, "you must be technical". I said, "well I have an undergraduate degree in systems and and MBA. I hope I can use this system. Can I show you my mini-demo?" They said that won't be necessary. In a nutshell, be prepared to talk about how to position a product against some of the top technologies that have mind-share. The company does NOT have a strategy to address this. Most of their revenue is coming from very large accounts that are able to put up "centers of excellence" and have a dedicated staff. The smaller companies (which is corporate markets) does not want to set up a staff for this and that is the struggle. Again, great product, nice people, lots of apathy on the sales side. Also, be careful because there is a disconnect between the management and the CEO. CEO is great and has built a great company. The management complains that he does not know how to market and just expects the product to speak for itself. This is a sticky situation because you don't want to speak against what the management is saying, and you want to support the CEO's strategy (he built the company). This is a major disconnect - and I cannot tell you how to prepare for this because it is dysfunctional. Finally, there are a lot of long-timers there. The CEO talks about not being afraid to break glass. This is not a true statement. They do not want to break glass at all. People are looking to retire there. Finally, there are 2 groups, strategic markets (where you get a few accounts) and corporate markets (where you get 70 accounts). Know what you want to do before talking to them.