Plex Systems, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Plex Systems, Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at Plex Systems, Inc.

2.7

Sales Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Troy, MI) in December 2019.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks, started with a "phone conversation" which was honestly the hardest step. Then was the actual phone interview which was super casual, and then the in-person interview which was not bad at all either. They said they would let me know either way if I got the job or not, but after each step I had to reach out to them first to figure out what was going on.

Sr Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. in June 2019.

Interview

Multiple phone, video and in-person interviews. The process moved along very quickly as the hiring manager was on a pretty aggressive timeline. I appreciated that since there wasn't a long drawn out process.

Interview Questions

• Interviewed with 8 different people from across the company. Some asked the typical questions you would expect, while others treated it more as an informal chat.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc..

Interview

Initially I had interviewed with this company back in May and the position got put hold. Fast forward to September the position was available again so I decided to reach out. The initial manager I interviewed with was no longer there. That was a sign I shouldn’t have wasted my time. Your losing management that quickly. Had a phone interview with the new hiring manager that went well. Then was brought in to interview in person with the hiring manager and VP of the region. The hiring manager and myself built a great rapport and He stated I was great fit since I currently work for one of their major partners and have relationships throughout my current company. I then interviewed with VP but I didn’t feel like I was getting a good connection from him from the beginning. I asked if he seen red flags on proceeding with me which he said he didn’t , but they did have a few more interviews to go through. The hiring manager stated he would follow up with me for sure and gave me a date, but I received no contact. Needless to say I then received a email stating they didn’t think I would be good fit. What I wanted to know was were was the disconnect. He just told me I was perfect for the job, and your sales team had little experience as needed someone like myself on the team. I on the other hand, have over a decade of sales experience and work for the company you want to partner with. I understand that you may have thought I wasn’t a good fit for your company, but why would you say I was and act excited about moving me forward. Doesn’t seem to have good ethics to me. I rather you be honest. Let’s not waste each other time.Well after reviewing the reviews on Glassdoor and looking at your current employees on LinkedIn I see very little diversity in races and it appears to mainly be a all male salesforce. So I now understand. It also appears you want little sales experience which is hilarious considering your trying to grow your division. My suggestion is to bring in more diversity, take a look at your management and start there.

Delivery Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc..

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter was set up. Unfortunately, the recruiter is likely a 3rd party recruiter, and not Direct Plex employee. So, this recruiter is destroying Plex's reputation. 5 minutes before scheduled call sends email "too busy, will call tomorrow", yet no time discussed or agreed to for following day. No response for several days. So, I reached out and asked if there was still interest in discussing role. Yes, and he agreed to another time to call me. Again, a no show. Again said he would call following day. Never called. Disgusting that I can make time in my busy schedule and be professional by showing up on time. Yet a 3rd party recruiter with no skin in the game can be unprofessional and a complete flake. Sad. I suggest Plex really review who they are using to outsource some of their recruiting responsibilities

Interview Questions

• Recruiter was a no show 3-4 different times. Thus, no questions asked   1 Answer

EA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Reston, VA) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in-person interview. Allows interviewee to meet staff members in person, ask questions, see facility, develop a sense of team members you will work with and the work environment.

Interview Questions

• They inquired about how my skills would apply for the position I was interviewing for. Great question to ask.   1 Answer

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Troy, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position via an online ad I was contacted by an internal HR recruiter anonymously via jobvite, had several rounds of interviews with this recruiter as well as video conversations with the hiring managers which were technically challenging on their end using a WebEx knockoff, but we persevered and I was asked to fly to their headquarters in Troy, MI for an in-person interview. I received an agenda from an office admin of who I would be meeting with and when, however the schedule soon seemed irrelevant as they were not prepared or available as scheduled. Against my better judgement and ignoring the employee reviews on Glassdoor, which you can read for yourself are terrible, I agreed to take the time to fly up to meet with them about this position. After meeting with them it was explained to me that the compensation structure was considerably different than what was discussed with the initial recruiter (much less base and much more incentive based bonus). At this time I was feeling very much a bait and switch but carried on and left with a good feeling that an offer would be extended. The next day I sent follow-up emails to everyone I spoke with during my interviews, waited several days only to receive an automated form email stating 'thank you for your interest in Plex, however after reviewing your qualifications we have determined we do not have a suitable position for you at this time'. I was flabbergasted and convinced this was a mistake so I called and left the recruiter a voicemail which went unreturned, followed up with an email, again no response. I waited a few days and emailed the hiring manager who of course again did not respond either. This is the sort of response I would expect when I apply online and did not fit the qualifications of what they were looking for, not after several rounds of phone, video and spending an entire day of my time to fly up for in-person interviews, not to mention my qualifications far exceeded those of the requirements of the position as posted.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing out of the ordinary asked, all very standard interview questions, however I was asked to bring a 10 minute presentation to provide to the panel which I only had time to do a short couple of minutes of.   Answer Question

Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Auburn Hills, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Had initial phone screen with internal recruiter. Went in for an in-person interview a couple of weeks later. Met with 3 members of the team. Went over resume a little bit and projects I did in college. Went over the position. It was only a 25 minute interview. I was told I would hear back either way. Didn't hear anything for a few weeks so I emailed the one of the people I interviewed with. Didn't get a response back.

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Troy, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter Phone Screen, Interview with Hiring Manager, Final Interview with Team.

The Recruiter provided zero value in describing the company or job. It seems like it is her first job out of school, and really knew nothing other then the phone screen list she was reading from. After passing and being invited in for an Interview and receiving an offer I had a number of questions that I wasn't given the opportunity to ask during the process. As the Plex Recruiter was my only contact - I was incredibly disappointed and decided to take another offer.

It's absolutely horrid to have someone so incompetent interface with Talent and be so inept and answering the most elementary questions about Plex's market, company direction, growth planes, or anything about the job outside of the script so interview questions she was given to read. I felt like I was interfacing with a robot!

Incredibly disappointed with my experience and being forced to work with a recruiter as my only option to gain information on what appeared to be a great opportunity.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve problematic customer issues.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Had two interviews. First with two team leaders. It was a really LONG interview and they tested your SQL, classic asp, and asp.net. They had you type functions at PC.

Interview Questions

• How do you stop the page / code from loading (asp) at a certain point in your code.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Detroit, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Short process. A few phone calls with a team and other employees. One trip to the corporate office and then negotiations. Had a few more phone calls and emails to finalize everything.

Not for me