Plex Systems, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Sales Enablement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Troy, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

The first interview was with a recruiter. She was very helpful and polite. I was asked basic questions about my resume and work experience. Second interview I scheduled with the hiring manager. I was asked more in depth questions and told that I would need additional interviews. Later that day I was offered the position. Overall the process was extremely efficient and professional.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Troy, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position via an online ad I was contacted by an internal HR recruiter anonymously via jobvite, had several rounds of interviews with this recruiter as well as video conversations with the hiring managers which were technically challenging on their end using a WebEx knockoff, but we persevered and I was asked to fly to their headquarters in Troy, MI for an in-person interview. I received an agenda from an office admin of who I would be meeting with and when, however the schedule soon seemed irrelevant as they were not prepared or available as scheduled. Against my better judgement and ignoring the employee reviews on Glassdoor, which you can read for yourself are terrible, I agreed to take the time to fly up to meet with them about this position. After meeting with them it was explained to me that the compensation structure was considerably different than what was discussed with the initial recruiter (much less base and much more incentive based bonus). At this time I was feeling very much a bait and switch but carried on and left with a good feeling that an offer would be extended. The next day I sent follow-up emails to everyone I spoke with during my interviews, waited several days only to receive an automated form email stating 'thank you for your interest in Plex, however after reviewing your qualifications we have determined we do not have a suitable position for you at this time'. I was flabbergasted and convinced this was a mistake so I called and left the recruiter a voicemail which went unreturned, followed up with an email, again no response. I waited a few days and emailed the hiring manager who of course again did not respond either. This is the sort of response I would expect when I apply online and did not fit the qualifications of what they were looking for, not after several rounds of phone, video and spending an entire day of my time to fly up for in-person interviews, not to mention my qualifications far exceeded those of the requirements of the position as posted.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing out of the ordinary asked, all very standard interview questions, however I was asked to bring a 10 minute presentation to provide to the panel which I only had time to do a short couple of minutes of.   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Troy, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter Phone Screen, Interview with Hiring Manager, Final Interview with Team.

The Recruiter provided zero value in describing the company or job. It seems like it is her first job out of school, and really knew nothing other then the phone screen list she was reading from. After passing and being invited in for an Interview and receiving an offer I had a number of questions that I wasn't given the opportunity to ask during the process. As the Plex Recruiter was my only contact - I was incredibly disappointed and decided to take another offer.

It's absolutely horrid to have someone so incompetent interface with Talent and be so inept and answering the most elementary questions about Plex's market, company direction, growth planes, or anything about the job outside of the script so interview questions she was given to read. I felt like I was interfacing with a robot!

Incredibly disappointed with my experience and being forced to work with a recruiter as my only option to gain information on what appeared to be a great opportunity.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve problematic customer issues.   1 Answer

Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Auburn Hills, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Had initial phone screen with internal recruiter. Went in for an in-person interview a couple of weeks later. Met with 3 members of the team. Went over resume a little bit and projects I did in college. Went over the position. It was only a 25 minute interview. I was told I would hear back either way. Didn't hear anything for a few weeks so I emailed the one of the people I interviewed with. Didn't get a response back.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Had two interviews. First with two team leaders. It was a really LONG interview and they tested your SQL, classic asp, and asp.net. They had you type functions at PC.

Interview Questions

• How do you stop the page / code from loading (asp) at a certain point in your code.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Detroit, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Short process. A few phone calls with a team and other employees. One trip to the corporate office and then negotiations. Had a few more phone calls and emails to finalize everything.

Not for me

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very laid back interview. I was fresh out of college and they didn't expect me to know everything I needed to do my job right off the bat. What they cared about was whether I had the capacity to learn from my colleagues and think on my feet. First step was a Phone interview to exchange information. The next step was a on-sight interview.

Interview Questions

• Couple logic questions as well as a basic sql test as I indicated I had some previous sql experience in my application.   Answer Question

Datacenter Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Auburn Hills, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position on the Plex website. I was contacted via email by a Plex recruiter and setup a phone interview with another Plex recruiter for the following week. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Some basic hardware/software technical questions were asked. I was asked about my current and past working experiences and why I wanted to make a move. About a week later I spoke with the recruiter again and It was determined that the position that I was applying for was a junior level position and that the compensation didn't align with my experience level.

Hopefully another opportunity becomes available that matches my experience and compensation level. Plex sounds like a great place to work!   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc. (Troy, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty lengthy. I first got a call from the recruiter and who asked me pretty basic questions about my experience and what I already knew about the company. Once I passed that interview, I got another interview from the BDR Manager, who dug a little deeper into my experience and asked some more basic questions about my experience. After that I got asked to move to the NEXT level.
    Here is where things get to be annoying: The last interview was 3 rounds done with 5 BDR's and the BDR manager. 1st round: 2 BDR's who obviously worked for Best Buy. They asked detailed situational questions, and they really wanted to know if i had knowledge on the company and the industry they were in, then they had me sell a phone to them (was I applying to best buy, or plex?) the next round was with another 2 BDR's, same interview structure except more detail on my knowledge on the company, and this time instead of selling a phone, I needed to sell an IPAD. The last round was with one BDR and the BDR manager and then there was a stimulation test. This test was made to ensure you knew how to compose an email ..... simple

Their interview process is long, with a lot of unnecessary parts. They should work on fixing that structure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the case studies you read?
      People in our industry and how do we compare?
      How did you decide on what school to attend when you decided to go to college?   Answer Question

Pay was too low

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Plex Systems, Inc..

Interview

I went through 4 interviews for this position: basic phone interview, then a 2nd phone interview with the customer support manager in California, next an on site interview with the customer support manager in Troy, and a final phone interview with the VP of customer care. The interviews were set up quickly, and I felt they went really well. All interviews lasted 30 minutes to an hour.

What I found extremely unprofessional was the fact that I had to keep reaching out to them for about a month for them to give me an answer on their decision. I don't mind letting a company know I am interested at all but they kept saying things like "sorry, we are finishing up some interviews this week" instead of just saying they "decided to move forward"..

So just be aware if you don't get the position, they won't tell you unless you ask them more than once. They'll give you the run around and get your hopes up. This is the reason why I'm giving them a negative review.

Internship Interview

Interview

Contacted by HR to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was 20 minutes long. General questions. Previous experience. Etc. Also the intern prices they list are wrong. Only pay about 12-13 for an intern.

Too far for pay.