Protiviti Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Everyone was extremely friendly throughout the entire process. I got my first round interview from my school's career fair and interviewed the next day. The interview is split into behavioral and case. The behavioral felt much more like a conversation than an interview, which I really appreciated. The case was very basic, centered mostly on controls. They gave me a process map the night before, so I spent 30 minutes analyzing it before going in. The case is also pretty guided, so if you're missing something or not exactly on the right track, they will point you in the right direction. The final round interviews were in the office. All candidates stayed in a hotel and went to a dinner the night before the office visit. The second day is very laid-back and fun. I got to meet many other potential interns and other employees. Near the end I had a 15 minute conversation with a Managing Director, which again was very much like a convesation.

Interview Questions

Protiviti Response

Mar 8, 2018 – U.S. Campus Recruiting Lead

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback on our on campus interview process. We are excited you'll be joining us soon!

Consulting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2009.

Interview

I got involved with Protiviti at my universities career fair. It began with 2 1:1 interviews that narrowed the field from around 50 people to 4. The four were notified about 2 weeks later and invited to an office visit about 2 weeks after that. The office visit was mainly a presentation by them selling Protiviti to us to get us interested then split us into 2 groups of 2 and asked us to present to them what we learned for the office. It ended with lunch with 3 members of the office and about 3 weeks later we were notified of the final decision.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was trying to read the interviewers as it was nearly 5pm at the time of my interview. They were tired and uninterested so keeping them engaged was a challenge. Careful with responses regarding how much you're willing to travel because their company is based on it.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview

Interviewed with Executive Team and MDs. Spent a day in the office meeting key leaders and listening to the type of engagements that the firm was currently involved in. It was obvious that they are a team driven firm and wanted to see where I could help out and strategically get me involved on day one.

Interview Questions

• They asked about specific experience in leading projects and developing talent. I walked them through current engagements that I was leading. I also directed them to several of my client references for additional information.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Protiviti in January 2017.

Interview

the process is thru agency they will handle all kinds of jobs. it is need some time to make it happen the process is thru agency they will handle all kinds of jobs. it is need some time to make it happen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Protiviti (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

Most Unprofessional Interview. Ever.

I got referred to Protiviti through an alumn. He passed my resume on to some coworkers, who had lunch with me. Very professional- they then passed my information on to the managing director. We had breakfast, and it was quite pleasant. However, at the end, she refereed me to two managers. That’s where it got bad.
    To meet with the managers we had a lunch set up, I had them change dates at the last minute to a month later. I showed up at the restaurant, and waited. And waited. And they never showed up. I was apologized to by HR, who rescheduled an interview lunch for two weeks later. The two managers (one is now the Managing Director) showed up, and talked exclusively about their kids, or internal stuff I had nothing to do with. Extremely awkward. After they were done, they got up and walked away quickly. Only after I reached out to HR a month later did I learn I got rejected. Very painful, and unprofessional on their part. A short process was dragged out very long.

It felt good a few years later, when I learned how negatively Protiviti is regarded by industry. Felt even better, when I rejected them for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you dealt with an insubordinate coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

There are four one-on-one interviews and then an office-visit/group interview that lasts about half a day. Not all candidates were interviewed by the same people, and who you were selected to be interviewed by seemed to make a big difference. There were on campus interviews, and then those selected were invited to an office visit. The office visit started with three one-on-one interviews, and then a presentation and group interview/presentation in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• They want to know about your past experience, they want to make sure that you know systems, and how they work. They want to make sure that you'll be able to help their clients.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Protiviti (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Mix of behavioral questions and a case interview, process-based. Additionally, there was ample time for questions and open discussion. Overall, the process was quick, as on-campus interviews have a fast turn-around.

Interview Questions

• Read this text and give us your impression of the dialogue.   Answer Question

Mar 8, 2018 – U.S. Campus Recruiting Lead

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Protiviti (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Started off with behavioral questions, about 4-5 of them. Ask you to walk through the resume. Explain some work experience. I didn't get the second interview after this, must be a cultural fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Protiviti (Tucson, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

Two-stage interview process including and on-campus interview with case discussion and an all-day on-site visit. The case was relatively straight forward and is all about them understanding your thought process.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about traveling?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview

The interview process was quite standard, but the campus recruiter was clearly inexperienced. I had to reach out to her several weeks later for a response. She did not reach out to me. That should never be the case.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview

There are two interviews- one on campus and the other was at the office. The one on campus had two sections - one was behavioral and the other was a case study. The office interview was with two other people.

Interview Questions

Protiviti Response

Jul 11, 2017 – U.S. Campus Recruiting Lead

I am pleased that you enjoyed your interview process with Protiviti for an internship. I hope your summer is going well here!