Protiviti Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 2, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Everyone was extremely friendly throughout the entire process. I got my first round interview from my school's career fair and interviewed the next day. The interview is split into behavioral and case. The behavioral felt much more like a conversation than an interview, which I really appreciated. The case was very basic, centered mostly on controls. They gave me a process map the night before, so I spent 30 minutes analyzing it before going in. The case is also pretty guided, so if you're missing something or not exactly on the right track, they will point you in the right direction. The final round interviews were in the office. All candidates stayed in a hotel and went to a dinner the night before the office visit. The second day is very laid-back and fun. I got to meet many other potential interns and other employees. Near the end I had a 15 minute conversation with a Managing Director, which again was very much like a convesation.

Interview Questions

Protiviti Response

Mar 8, 2018 – U.S. Campus Recruiting Lead

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback on our on campus interview process. We are excited you'll be joining us soon!

Consulting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2009.

Interview

I got involved with Protiviti at my universities career fair. It began with 2 1:1 interviews that narrowed the field from around 50 people to 4. The four were notified about 2 weeks later and invited to an office visit about 2 weeks after that. The office visit was mainly a presentation by them selling Protiviti to us to get us interested then split us into 2 groups of 2 and asked us to present to them what we learned for the office. It ended with lunch with 3 members of the office and about 3 weeks later we were notified of the final decision.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was trying to read the interviewers as it was nearly 5pm at the time of my interview. They were tired and uninterested so keeping them engaged was a challenge. Careful with responses regarding how much you're willing to travel because their company is based on it.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview

Interviewed with Executive Team and MDs. Spent a day in the office meeting key leaders and listening to the type of engagements that the firm was currently involved in. It was obvious that they are a team driven firm and wanted to see where I could help out and strategically get me involved on day one.

Interview Questions

• They asked about specific experience in leading projects and developing talent. I walked them through current engagements that I was leading. I also directed them to several of my client references for additional information.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

There are four one-on-one interviews and then an office-visit/group interview that lasts about half a day. Not all candidates were interviewed by the same people, and who you were selected to be interviewed by seemed to make a big difference. There were on campus interviews, and then those selected were invited to an office visit. The office visit started with three one-on-one interviews, and then a presentation and group interview/presentation in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• They want to know about your past experience, they want to make sure that you know systems, and how they work. They want to make sure that you'll be able to help their clients.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Protiviti (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

Most Unprofessional Interview. Ever.

I got referred to Protiviti through an alumn. He passed my resume on to some coworkers, who had lunch with me. Very professional- they then passed my information on to the managing director. We had breakfast, and it was quite pleasant. However, at the end, she refereed me to two managers. That’s where it got bad.
    To meet with the managers we had a lunch set up, I had them change dates at the last minute to a month later. I showed up at the restaurant, and waited. And waited. And they never showed up. I was apologized to by HR, who rescheduled an interview lunch for two weeks later. The two managers (one is now the Managing Director) showed up, and talked exclusively about their kids, or internal stuff I had nothing to do with. Extremely awkward. After they were done, they got up and walked away quickly. Only after I reached out to HR a month later did I learn I got rejected. Very painful, and unprofessional on their part. A short process was dragged out very long.

It felt good a few years later, when I learned how negatively Protiviti is regarded by industry. Felt even better, when I rejected them for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you dealt with an insubordinate coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Protiviti (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Mix of behavioral questions and a case interview, process-based. Additionally, there was ample time for questions and open discussion. Overall, the process was quick, as on-campus interviews have a fast turn-around.

Interview Questions

• Read this text and give us your impression of the dialogue.   Answer Question

Mar 8, 2018 – U.S. Campus Recruiting Lead

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Protiviti (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was one-on-one, with a 30 minute behavioral and a 30 minute case interview. The case was provided ahead of time to allow for preparation. Interviewers were friendly and willing to give assistance.

Interview Questions

Protiviti Response

Mar 8, 2018 – U.S. Campus Recruiting Lead

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and we are excited you'll be joining us soon.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university and got an on campus interview. There was a networking event the night before. The interview consisted of 30 minutes of behavioral questions and 30 minutes of a case study.

Interview Questions

Protiviti Response

Mar 8, 2018 – U.S. Campus Recruiting Lead

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Pre Interview dinner the night before. Recruiters were friendly and willing to answer any question. On campus interview the following day consisted of a behavioral interview and case study interview. Interview was nothing too stressful.

Interview Questions

Protiviti Response

Oct 31, 2017 – U.S. Campus Recruiting Lead

Thank you take a moment to provide your review of our interview process. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best in the future!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

2 30 minute interviews. One behavioral and one cases study which was given out the night before for you to study over. Behavior was more conversational than anything. Was asked about my resume and about certain aspects of my resume. The following week I was asked to go tour the offices and take part in another interview.

Interview Questions

Protiviti Response

Oct 31, 2017 – U.S. Campus Recruiting Lead

Thank you for taking a moment to provide your feedback, we are pleased you had a positive experience and with you the best in your future career endeavors!