Purdue University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.5

Manager IT Service Management Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University (Athens, OH).

Interview

First phone call with 2 people. Then face to face 5 hours process of interviews - 2 groups. Second group was reporters and peers. With the hiring manager for 30 minutes. Then with AVP.

Interview Questions

• 20 questions I think. Mostly about how to manage situations   Answer Question

TA Interview

Interview

Easy interview basic questions understanding of subject
    communication skills tested and ability to listen and understand
    English screening test required
    Testing your ability to teach communicate understand write and read
    Easy interview basic questions understanding of subject
    communication skills tested and ability to listen and understand
    English screening test required
    Testing your ability to teach communicate understand write and read

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

reached out by emailing the professor who is responsible for teaching that particular class
    The professor knew had I already taken the class previously, he refreshed me about the duties of the
    job, and the interview was based pretty much on my performance on in the class and behavioral questions

responsibilities before hand. Once

Interview Questions

• how would you manage answering questions asked by multiple students at the same time?   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Purdue University (Lafayette, IN).

Interview

Behavioral based interview questions, fairly simple. Most positions here require little to no experience in the field. Initial interview starts with business operations position, then moves to a panel of workers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered an issue working in a group and what did you do to solve it?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Skype Interview. Talk about your research work and listen to interviewer's introduction of the research of Purdue University. The interviewer asked details in your work. Involve some concept explanation.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University in September 2016.

Interview

Very casual and comfortable Skype interview. Did not exceed 30 minutes. Primarily went over functions of jobs and my background. Interviewer answered my questions in great detail. Described the town and what to expect as far as living in the area.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

Very informal, just met with the professor for about one hour. She told me about the project and I told her about my background and how I could help with the project.

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

At first ,you have to submit your profile. Then, they will go through it. If they like it, they will call you for an interview Interview might last for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why we will choose you for the job   1 Answer

Administravive Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

Each department has their own process. It usually begins with a phone interview and then a formal interview with several people followed with a follow up after the process is complete.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to voice an unpopular opinion?   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN).

Interview

I sent my CV and cover letter to the person in charge, without knowing if there was a position available. I had the opportunity to meet this person and talk about my previous teaching experience. It was a one-on-one conversation in which we talked about my previous experiences teaching studetns from a similar course and involvement. I also described how I have supervised other professionals and students that worked for me in the past.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience with big classrooms (more than 100 students)   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, but a standard contract that apply to all the graduate students .