Purdue University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2018

2.4

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Purdue University (Lafayette, IN) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone screen to see if I was a good fit and full day visit. For the full day visit I was introduced to staff, I gave a presentation of usability analysis of the website, then a group of them sat at a table and took turns asking me questions. They took me to lunch. Typical general interview questions (tell us about a time you failed, tell us about your work ethic) plus technical questions (explain MVC) and questions about what web technologies I knew. (PHP, Json, Jquery, Linux). I was asked to send examples of my code to them afterwards.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

Very simple-but time consuming. It took me a while, but needed to read the basics. I also took a online class. the most important thing thing is to cover the basics. They are friendly and not time consuming at all. I walked in.

Interview Questions

• Rather not tell You need to know the bsics.   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA

Clerk Interview

Interview

One phone interview, ask about past experience and why you want to work at purdue. then in person interview before a panel of three. They ask star questions and then you ask your questions.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

Casual Emailing followed by in-person interview. The questions were few and easy, there was no technical requirements other than just a general knowledge check. Job training lasted one day and worked directly with the boss.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was 2 hours long and compromised of both a technical and a behavioral portion. The response from my application was quick and the interview was set up in the same week. I expressed my interest through email and was contacted back with a resume request. After the interview, they liked me enough to hire me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is one aspect of web development that interests you the most and why?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

Asked about previous class projects, research projects and the classes I had attended at the university. There was only one face to face interview with the supervisor at Hovde hall. No other steps were required.

Wellness Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University (Lafayette, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

It began with a phone interview with a small number of people, then a face to face interview with 4 other people present. I was asked questions from each person and clarification was asked by each of the people present.

Interview Questions

• how would I work to implement policy, system, and environment changes into a community?   1 Answer

Applications Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, IN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Purdue University (Hammond, IN) in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the department secretary and scheduled an interview. The interview consisted of the whole department assembled in a conference room and they went in order where each person asked one behaviorial question. No opportunity for small talk or questions about items on my resume. I was told that was the only step, they had a few more candidates to interview and would get back to me late next week. I followed-up every 2-3 weeks and each time was told they were close. Finally after 8 weeks, I was sent a rejection Email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when a major project was late and how was it received.   1 Answer

IT Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

I first had a phone interview then a face to face. It was a long process due to the holidays. I was asked mostly behavioral questions. It was nice because I feel I am a good fit in the department.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

It was very simple. I applied online at Purdue's job posting. After that I got an email from them for setting up an interview and in two days after applying I got the interview. They gave me the decision on the spot. They mostly asked behavioral questions and a couple of computer networking questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with computers and customer support?   1 Answer