Purdue University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Purdue University Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.5

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

first email the process and check for project availability and your skills to see match or not; usually will have a response in a week; it's easier and better to ask the professor in person

Bellman Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

Informal, walk-in, presented resume, shook hands, talked about the position and about my personality, how I would handle certain situations, comfort level with computers, and ability to pass credential exams

Interview Questions

• Do you have a valid drivers license   1 Answer

Manager IT Service Management Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University (Athens, OH).

Interview

First phone call with 2 people. Then face to face 5 hours process of interviews - 2 groups. Second group was reporters and peers. With the hiring manager for 30 minutes. Then with AVP.

Interview Questions

• 20 questions I think. Mostly about how to manage situations   Answer Question

TA Interview

Interview

Easy interview basic questions understanding of subject
    communication skills tested and ability to listen and understand
    English screening test required
    Testing your ability to teach communicate understand write and read
    Easy interview basic questions understanding of subject
    communication skills tested and ability to listen and understand
    English screening test required
    Testing your ability to teach communicate understand write and read

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

reached out by emailing the professor who is responsible for teaching that particular class
    The professor knew had I already taken the class previously, he refreshed me about the duties of the
    job, and the interview was based pretty much on my performance on in the class and behavioral questions

responsibilities before hand. Once

Interview Questions

• how would you manage answering questions asked by multiple students at the same time?   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Purdue University (Lafayette, IN).

Interview

Behavioral based interview questions, fairly simple. Most positions here require little to no experience in the field. Initial interview starts with business operations position, then moves to a panel of workers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered an issue working in a group and what did you do to solve it?   Answer Question

Vice Chair of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Purdue University (Hammond, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

The team evaluated how I use my analytical skills to solve difficult problems which results in process improvements. The team asked for examples and expected a problem, resolution and result.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you use your analytical skills to solve difficult problems.   1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Skype Interview. Talk about your research work and listen to interviewer's introduction of the research of Purdue University. The interviewer asked details in your work. Involve some concept explanation.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

There were two individual interviews and one group interview. The individual interviews were basic interview questions pertaining to relationship building and leadership skills. The group interview was actually pretty fun and entertaining. It involved plenty of teamwork, make sure to provide some input in the activities.

Interview Questions

• How would you build community and relationships with your floor?   Answer Question
    • Describe one time that you were a member of a team that did not get along and how did you manage that problem?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University in September 2016.

Interview

Very casual and comfortable Skype interview. Did not exceed 30 minutes. Primarily went over functions of jobs and my background. Interviewer answered my questions in great detail. Described the town and what to expect as far as living in the area.