RadioShack Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Part Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RadioShack (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

short. very basic. I was called in for an interview at the store. The manager was on the phone alone in the store when I showed up. The manager was on a conference call the entire time. He asked a few questions when he could and when he learned my availability was open, asked to bring back ID and social card to send HR for background check. The background check itself took about a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation. pay was minimum wage

Phone Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RadioShack (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

I was taken into a backroom where the manager asked if I spoke Spanish, as I was a native I did. He asked me to do the interview in Spanish because he needed someone who definitely knew Spanish. I did what i had to do and spoke in Spanish. Overall, I was not offered the job because my experience did not match what he needed.

Interview Questions

• When have you ever been in a stressful situation at work and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RadioShack (Bellingham, WA) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online. That is the first step they use to weed out potential employees. The system will take your answers to the questions and grade you against a number they are ideally looking for. This number is pretty much average, so if you want to do well, just act kind of "meh" about everything. As for the actual face-to-face interview, they will want you to show passion and enthusiasm, as well as a willingness to have a flexible schedule. You need to be very excited about selling phones, as well as eager to learn as much as possible about all the other random stuff that particular store will carry. The more energetic you are, the better your chances are.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to sell my interviewer his stapler. Just gave a basic sales pitch and he dug it. You should expect a very traditional interview. They give the managers a list of questions to read off, with associated follow up questions based off of how you answer. They literally try to take all need for thought away from the managers. It's a little sad. Just google "interview questions" and prepare accordingly.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RadioShack in September 2011.

Interview

very easy because by the time I have been hired they were in need badly !!!

Anonymous Employee in Pottsville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RadioShack (Pottsville, PA) in July 2010.

Interview

Long delay between first and second interview. The second interview also felt like a token gesture, more as a show of authority on the part of the District Manager than anything.

The first interview was of relatively solid quality, but that is subjective depending upon the Store Manager conducting it. Questions are run-of-the-mill, with no major curveballs. Biggest influencing factors are energy, enthusiasm, and appearance. No piercings, cover tattoos, show some enthusiasm for sales, and dress respectably. You'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• No questions were particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on the associate or assistant manager level.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

Asked what was required for an associate to move up to the ASM position. Was informed that I needed to fill out some paperwork, bring my numbers up, and complete the ASM training modules on the company's site. Main reason for the application was due to the lack of a decent base pay at the entry pay

Interview Questions

Negotiation

asked if there was an issue with the fact that I only had about 4 months of employment. There was none. I went unopposed during my application just for bidding for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RadioShack (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. No tough questions. I had to interview with 2 store managers and then the district manager. They just want to make sure you can sell stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NON-NEGOTIABLES

Interview

depending on the urgency of the store needing a new hire you can expect a call with in three days. along with scoring high on the quiz of the application. interview is normal process of getting an idea of who you are and if you are fit for this performance based company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negociate your hours clearly and what you expect.

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RadioShack (Annapolis, MD) in December 2011.

Interview

They use the "cattle call" method so popular with multi-level management corporations these days. You may get interviewed by the Store Manager, a manager from another store, the Division Manager, or the DM's current toady of choice. The interview can be very job specific, or very vague, depending on who does it. The main goal is to see how much sh*t you will take.

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They pay and schedule from a plan that has nothing to do with an individual's ability or requirements.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

I received a phone call in the middle of the while driving asking if I wanted to do an interview and how soon. I inormed her that next day would be fine. Following day I made it to the interview 5 minutes lates. spoke to the manager outside of the store for 15 min before e offered me the position. I then filled out some paperwork and after a week or so (background check). I started my first day of paperwork along with both computer and on the job training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-Existent. They let you know wha the pay was and that was that. Though I was surprised to find my base pay to be higher than discussed.