Rain Bird Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rain Bird (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Went over highlights of all the projects I had worked on for the last 10 years or so. Interviewer's asked more detailed questions about work experience that pertained to their current project(s).

Interview Questions

• Can you describe in detail one of the projects that you worked on and your responsibilities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an external recruiter at first, had one phone interview with her, another phone interview with hiring manager then I went to Tucson for a round of four 1 to 1 interviews

Interview Questions

• How I could help the business and fit into the culture with my experience ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

National recruiter made contact with me to discuss the iopportunity. This was a two month process, multiple phone and video conferencing interviews, followed by company visit with multiple in-person interviews. No offer was made, no feedback given.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Azusa, CA).

Interview

Lengthy - you will be asked to interview with no less than 5 people - after all you might be a back-up to the hiring manager - don't buy this line. And ask lots of questions - if you don't you will regret it.

Interview Questions

• What kind of environment do you like to work in?   1 Answer

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rain Bird in September 2016.

Interview

BEWARE...Horrible..horrible company. I went to interview at the Azusa, ca plant. Everyone that I interviewed with seemed to be extremely stressed out about their job. Go look at all the previous reviews about this place before you accept a job at this company....

Interview Questions

I want to stay at a place long term.

Senior Tooling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Mostly phone interview and then in person. Had meeting all day long with various departments and HR. After the interview process they they took about a month to give me an offer letter. This was the 3 time in 5 years that I had interviewed with Rain Bird.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about experience.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Salinas, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager for about 30 minutes. Went fine. Then was asked to drive one hour to meet hiring manager in person at a restaurant. Met there for about 2 hours. Went fine. While at the restaurant, hiring manager said that another account manager would reach out to me by phone within a few days so that I could get a salesperson's perspective of the job. It took more than a week to actually speak to this person. Phone conversation went fine with him. After this conversation, they never reached out to me again. I left countless messages that were never returned. 4 weeks later they still have not bothered to actually contact me to say that they have chosen someone else. What a bunch of rude, arrogant, uncaring people. I am glad I was rejected! P.S. Since you couldn't be bothered, please consider this my written notice to you that I am officially withdrawing my application and consideration for employment with RainBird.

Interview Questions

• All they wanted to know was my experience closing business deals.   Answer Question

Product/Channel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

Two telephone interviews, first a screener, then second - an in depth discussion of the needs of the role. Discussed the negative reviews on GlassDoor. The answer was: Do you like sports? Which sports do you like? (me: Football) - OK, so on a football roster you have 53 players. The owner of the team, at the end of every season, wants the best team, so they rank those 53 players, and take the best 53 that exist before the start of the next season. Maybe you are a great player, but, during the course of the year, stronger players joined the team - they still only take 53 players forward, so you might get cut - its the motivation for being a top player.

I thought that was an interesting viewpoint. They always say hire smart people that could replace you, but..... Certainly a lot to think about with an explanation like that.

Overall, a very lively discussion in a good way. By the end of the interview, the hiring manager was suggesting that they needed to rethink the position, or, structuring it different than what was advertised. Through discussion, it became apparent that this wasn't a typical Channel/Product Marketing position. Perhaps more Marketing Communication or Business Dev.

Interview Questions

• How would you develop a relationship with Spanish speaking Hispanic Landscapers that are self employed, don't buy from wholesalers, and market to them so that they prefer our products?   2 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird in June 2016.

Interview

Excellent Job Interview.
    I noticed that Rain Bird has an amazing work force. Outstanding smart people.
    Very hard questions. 101 + group discussion.
    Amazing personal. Very enjoyable and fare interview process.
    Great family owned company. Excellent place to work.

Contractor Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Three headed Monster. You had to meet with three of the rainbird upper management. Management is looking for a programmable Rep. Not interested in your professional skill set. They are searching for an amigo not a a professional