Rain Bird Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rain Bird (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Went over highlights of all the projects I had worked on for the last 10 years or so. Interviewer's asked more detailed questions about work experience that pertained to their current project(s).

Interview Questions

• Can you describe in detail one of the projects that you worked on and your responsibilities?   Answer Question

Quality and Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone screen with HR; Skype with hiring manager; face to face with several interviewers. Despite several conversations regarding a disconnect with my experience and skills and the job role I was continually reassured the role was flexible and would ultimately fit. Interview consisted of detailed questions about quality processes that I did not have a background in. They stated 40% of the role is undefined and you can find areas to add value that interest you.

Interview Questions

• Did you only research our company online?   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rain Bird in April 2018.

Interview

They reached out to me on LI and the very next day called me. Unfortunately, I had not had a chance to review the GD ratings. It sounded too good to be true and as we got further into the interview it was apparent I was an exact fit for the position. I had similar experience to the hiring manager who had been successful in his career path and was familiar with the locations, sales and distribution methods of the company. I mentioned to the hiring manager that I had researched their company but then went on to state I had not yet had a chance to look at their GD ratings was when it turned south. I got back an email the next day stating that I had no experience with marketing and was too technical. I responded sending several sample documents of my brochures, trade show and other materials...then I checked their ratings. Let me suggest that anyone looking to interview with this company carefully read ALL of the reviews and select where you open the reviews to see the comprehensive write ups. People have dedicated hours and possibly days reviewing this company for others to be up to speed on what it takes to be a performer in this organization and many of these are from the hiring and site management folks.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever presented a stage gate presentation with a word document?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

National recruiter made contact with me to discuss the iopportunity. This was a two month process, multiple phone and video conferencing interviews, followed by company visit with multiple in-person interviews. No offer was made, no feedback given.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

There was one phone interview then I went to the Rain Bird Tucson site for 2 interviews. The phone interview was mostly a C programing skills test. The first on-site interview was with the Software Engineering Manager. The second on-site was with senior managers. HR and peers. A couple of the interviews were via video conference and the rest face to face. Discussions ranged from very technical to pretty casual. They provided lunch and a short facility tour.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you were wrong in your career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Azusa, CA).

Interview

Lengthy - you will be asked to interview with no less than 5 people - after all you might be a back-up to the hiring manager - don't buy this line. And ask lots of questions - if you don't you will regret it.

Interview Questions

• What kind of environment do you like to work in?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

I have no idea what to say. It was a standard interview process. 4 or so interviews and the offered me the job. Not much to say. It was kind of fun. I like interviewing

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rain Bird in September 2016.

Interview

BEWARE...Horrible..horrible company. I went to interview at the Azusa, ca plant. Everyone that I interviewed with seemed to be extremely stressed out about their job. Go look at all the previous reviews about this place before you accept a job at this company....

Interview Questions

I want to stay at a place long term.

Senior Tooling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Mostly phone interview and then in person. Had meeting all day long with various departments and HR. After the interview process they they took about a month to give me an offer letter. This was the 3 time in 5 years that I had interviewed with Rain Bird.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about experience.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Salinas, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager for about 30 minutes. Went fine. Then was asked to drive one hour to meet hiring manager in person at a restaurant. Met there for about 2 hours. Went fine. While at the restaurant, hiring manager said that another account manager would reach out to me by phone within a few days so that I could get a salesperson's perspective of the job. It took more than a week to actually speak to this person. Phone conversation went fine with him. After this conversation, they never reached out to me again. I left countless messages that were never returned. 4 weeks later they still have not bothered to actually contact me to say that they have chosen someone else. What a bunch of rude, arrogant, uncaring people. I am glad I was rejected! P.S. Since you couldn't be bothered, please consider this my written notice to you that I am officially withdrawing my application and consideration for employment with RainBird.

Interview Questions

• All they wanted to know was my experience closing business deals.   Answer Question

Product/Channel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rain Bird (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

Two telephone interviews, first a screener, then second - an in depth discussion of the needs of the role. Discussed the negative reviews on GlassDoor. The answer was: Do you like sports? Which sports do you like? (me: Football) - OK, so on a football roster you have 53 players. The owner of the team, at the end of every season, wants the best team, so they rank those 53 players, and take the best 53 that exist before the start of the next season. Maybe you are a great player, but, during the course of the year, stronger players joined the team - they still only take 53 players forward, so you might get cut - its the motivation for being a top player.

I thought that was an interesting viewpoint. They always say hire smart people that could replace you, but..... Certainly a lot to think about with an explanation like that.

Overall, a very lively discussion in a good way. By the end of the interview, the hiring manager was suggesting that they needed to rethink the position, or, structuring it different than what was advertised. Through discussion, it became apparent that this wasn't a typical Channel/Product Marketing position. Perhaps more Marketing Communication or Business Dev.

Interview Questions

• How would you develop a relationship with Spanish speaking Hispanic Landscapers that are self employed, don't buy from wholesalers, and market to them so that they prefer our products?   2 Answers