Raymour & Flanigan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raymour & Flanigan Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.6

Showroom Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan.

Interview

Long and unorganized. I needed to contact RF several times to continue the process. I do believe that system has been replaced by more aggressive team. I believe there is not a great deal of sales turnover as so the process is designed to be slow.

Interview Questions

• This was the easiest interview I was ever on. The management at that time was less then focused on hiring. There is a much better staff in place now. From the store level all the way up to VP.   Answer Question

Home Furnishings Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online after sales recruiter contacted me via my LinkedIn account. Some email conversations before actually having a phone interview with him. Phone interview scheduled and was about 25 minutes long. Next step was having a sales manager contact me and we scheduled an interview. That interview was about 4 days later. Meet with two store managers. Interview was long - about 2 hours. After that was asked to come back next week to do a job shadow and meet with the Regional Manager. Also was told the sales recruiter will contact me to go over a reference check.
    Lots of steps in the interview process which could be good and bad. I found nothing wrong with it myself as I was not in a hurry to start a new job. Recruiter answered some more questions I had after my interviews with the sales managers.

Interview Questions

• Sales Recruiter: Tell me the three things you are looking for in a career?
      How would build a personal relationship with a customer and continue that relationship.
      Sales Manager: What motivates me? How do I stay motivated during slower periods of the year   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (Cherry Hill, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen by a recruiter for about 15 min . He was very informative . 1St interview with a Store manager and showroom managers, they were very detailed and situational questions with spacific examples. Final with the director which was more more challenging but she was very personable.

Interview Questions

• What do you find the most and least attractive about this position.
      If I spoke to your formal manager what would they say is your strength and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Showroom Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan in January 2017.

Interview

Seamless and comfortable the whole way through. All the levels I met with were very enthusiastic and professional. Had really in depth conversations to not only get to know myself but the different levels of management and what drives them to succeed.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview starts with a phone call. Then you will go in and meet with a recruiter. If you are still being considered, you will them meet with a store manager.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (New York, NY).

Interview

phone interview then it was another interview then another interview then it was a showroom demonstration. Everything was brief. A lot of these managers and recruiters are just some lucky ordinary people. they have no sales skills at all. How can you learn from someone who does not even have the skills to teach you,

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Very strange 2ND interview with a very elusive, over probing foreign man. I'm overqualified for the job, but he seemed more interested in how he can control me and he pretended he never heard of the better company I came from out if state. Waste of time for nonconformists.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan.

Interview

Everything was pretty simple no issues just basic question you come into the store which might not be the store you end up working at and interview with customer care manager they ask you the question if they like you they tell you that you have to take the drug test and it's a hair test so they cut a piece of your hair to see if you have been doing hard drugs only

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there was a long line of unruly customers?   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (Farmingdale, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was short and questions such as how you would handle certain situations were ask. I was also asked about my past experiences and why I am looking to work for Raymour and Flanigan Furniture. My availability as well as the position and what would be required.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were given a task or had a difficult situation and how did you approach it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter, we emailed back and forth until I got my first interview with The store manager and one of the showroom managers. After I passed that one they had me interview with a 2nd showroom manager. It's a 100% commision sales so they don't really care if you have furniture experience they look for someone that knows how to sell.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation, they send you the offer letter, it describes the pay structure and you choose to accept or decline.