Rent-A-Center Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

1.9

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Frederick, MD).

Interview

Online test, face to face interview if you pass a very basic skills test. Met with store manager where the interview was very lax and personal. Was more like a conversation, which was very nice.

Interview Questions

• The manager described the job and its functions and verified my qualifications for the job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rent-A-Center

Anonymous Employee in Muscle Shoals, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Muscle Shoals, AL) in November 2016.

Interview

From the day I was hired to when I started was 2 1/2 weeks. I had to drive 30 minutes away to take a drug test. The actual interview itself was 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What do I feel I can bring to the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Greeley, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Well I hadded my back ground check, my drug screen, then had an interview with the store manager, at which point we set a date for an observation day. It was a nice smooth process. I would recommend this job opportunity to all my friends and family. Security and consistency is a great thing.

Interview Questions

• How many sales a week do you need to hit you're goal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Valdosta, GA).

Interview

Did a 10 minute interview with the store manager, 5 in his office and then rushed to the store room so he could smoke. He was more interested in that I had previous Security experience rather than sales. Was told starting pay and asked when I could start.

Interview Questions

• None. Really they just want to know if you can fog a mirror.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None They tell you what they pay and you take it or leave it.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

They will tell you a lot of things that just aren't true. They like to think they pay you a lot of money. The time and stress involved is a lot more difficult than they let on. They will interview almost anyone but you have to take a test in order to get in. Most applicants for this company won't be able to reach their higher standards on this test. Same one given at the NFL combine can remember name. Very analytical and it is timed.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Standard interview with the district manager. Asked the same old interview questions and explained all the things I would be doing there. Not that hard to get through. Most of the interview is spent talking about the job itself making it seem like it's not that bad. Considering how most stores are understaffed it doesn't seem like a surprise now looking back at it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What do you expect out of this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Everett, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview was quick and on-boarding procedures was clearly explained. Questions asked dealt with personal and business inquiries to clearly assess the needs of the company as overtime is mandatory. An unpaid evaluation period is requested, as it shows the type of work that is performed and hopefully understood, but is not clear to those who they expect to understand, as a waiting customer could obviously see.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Rent-A-Center?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offered wage was not given, but still accepted the position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There was only one interview. It was fairly simple and laid back. The staff/management was very helpful and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if i'm a thief and thick is my skin. It sorta shook me as to the type of customers that i would be dealing with but i did well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

fairly simple. I needed the job

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Durham, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview was very easy and laid back. The manager I had my interview with was very cool and went over the job description in detailed. Was offered the job on the spot, took the drug test and started about 5 days after.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

it is difficult and confusing