Rent-A-Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.2

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscle Shoals, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Muscle Shoals, AL) in November 2016.

Interview

From the day I was hired to when I started was 2 1/2 weeks. I had to drive 30 minutes away to take a drug test. The actual interview itself was 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What do I feel I can bring to the company?   1 Answer

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Akron, OH).

Interview

The manager seemed to be annoyed that I showed up ten minutes early. He told me he would be with me in ten minutes. Once he came back we sat at a table in the show room and just had a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your spare time?

If you have an upset customer on the phone, how would you handle that?   Answer Question

The starting pay was lower than what the recruiter had told me on the phone.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

The basic interview, describe yourself, how would you handle this or that, where do you see yourself in five years. Why should we hire you? Be prepared for off the wall random questions and it wouldnt hurt to bring a pen pad and caclulator

Interview Questions

• Dependa on which manager or district manager you get it really varies   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nonw you get what you get unless you have previous rto experience

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I arrived 5 minutes before the interview, he kept calling me by a different name. I handed him my resume and cover letter, he talked about the position and the requirements. You get two days off and Sundays are off. You must have your drivers license in order to advance in the company.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that your worked as a team?   1 Answer
    • What was a time you took the role as a leader?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Plano, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

25 Min phone interview. I prepared for it. Reviewed all of my recruiters notes, Rent A Center's web site, etc. And the guy was so desperate he just sand OK to almost everything I said and then asked if I could begin the following day. That was it. No kidding.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

They called me for an interview the very next day that I applied .. got to the interview .. and I basically got hired right there on the spot . Very easy process .

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Plano, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The day after I submitted my resume I received a call to schedule an onsite interview. I had two onsite interviews, and there was a quick turn around time between each and the offer.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

I showed up a few minutes early and was asked to wait in the showroom. After waiting for 20 minutes (15min) after my scheduled time a young manager invited me into a small unorganized office. He then spent a few minutes looking for my resume while talking about the other horrible interviews he had already done.
    There was a 5 minute question answer period where he asked questions then continued to talk before letting me answer. He would cut me off and say "I got it" then ask another question. Repeat.

At the end he said I passed the screening process and I'd have to come back to talk with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• I swear the questions were right out of a book. How long were you at your last employer, why did you leave, Tell me about your strength, tell me about your weakness etc   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Addison, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Very easy process, the manager will sit you with a current employee to get the feel of what we'd be doing. Then after that is a mock call where you speak with someone using a script, so they can see how you handle call flow. Then of course the standard interview where they ask about your goals, schedule needs, and experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have call center experience?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

First applied online then got a call for in person interview. Next you interview district manager. If that all goes well you drug test and talk to the store manager once more to get your start date