Riverbed Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Riverbed Technology Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2018

Commercial Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

for me, it happened quick, I brought is supporting documentation for resume, work history and recommendations.

Interview Questions

• none...it was perfect timing...everything clicked. Good people. Don't b.s. My supporting documentation merely validated everything that I had stated in my application.   Answer Question

Commercial Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

You need at least 5 years inside or outside selling experience with over quota achievement from a high tech employer. I would research all products lines and learn about the company's history.

Interview Questions

• How would you overachieve quota?   1 Answer

Software Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology in February 2013.

Interview

It was at the university's career fair, and at the booth a software engineer asked me some questions, and did a coding practice in C. The day after that I received an E-mail of on-campus interview. The interview was about 45 miniutes and I wrote some codes on paper.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology in February 2014.

Interview

I apply through alumni, and got email within one week, and got phone interview, the process is quick and efficient. Their HR is nice, but their interviewer seems to be busy on his thing during the interview, so I felt bad about the interviewer

Interview Questions

• What is internal & external fragmentation ? they are using C language, so give me question in Cracking the coding interview 13.9 which deal with aligned malloc and free function.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Champaign, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with its Champaign Office for a Software Engineer Intern. The interviewers are generally nice. Firstly passed a phone interview and then go onsite. There 4 round interviews, asking a lot about network, experiences, and coding. Coding questions are relatively easy. I have never heard back after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Was reached out by an in-house recruiter and connected with the hiring manager. Each person spoke as if they were very interested. After losing touch for a week and reminding them, the recruiter contacted me again and said they would put together a call in the afternoon. That call never came.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology.

Interview

Applied online. Had a call from the recruiter first and a phone screen with the VP of engineering at a later date. They then had me fly to their office in Sunnyvale where I had about 4 technical interviews and one with the VP again. Questions were mostly related to systems and couple of standard algorithm questions. There was a simple question about bit manipulation, another one about LRU cache design, a synchronization problem and standard questions like the toughest problems I worked on, etc. Finally had a talk with the VP. Overall the experience was good. Couple of employees took me out for lunch in between interviews. The travel arrangements were good.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about signals, and although I knew what signals are I didn't articulate it well. But the interviewer was really nice and indicated what is the key thing about it.   1 Answer

I received an offer from another company where the work was more to my liking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

1 phone screen interview
    1 paper based test
    5 onsite interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Saw opening on LinkedIn. Recruiter contacted me within 24 hours. Had 1st phone interview with hiring manager. Gave position description, product description. Asked details about past work. 2nd phone interview was with senior engineer, asked to code on shared document in C++. Recruiter never contacted me after 2nd interview. Not even rejection email.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology.

Interview

It was 6 round interview. Recruiter are really quick in setting up interview. For me 4 interviews goes well and 2, I had tough time. Pretty much standard question.

Interview Questions

• Design an api to read a block of memory of a given length from memory disk.   Answer Question