Robert Bosch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.9

Data Mining for Connected Vehicles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Bosch (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got referred by a data scientist internally. Set up phone interview over email according to my convenience. The interview was lead by two data scientists at the data mining team. I have an electrical engineering background and my research is in deep learning. I was not asked irrelevant algorithms questions. Instead, I was asked to come up with a solution to their current research problem which was nice. Technical questions about deep learning was not looking depth.

Interview Questions

• How would you perform object detection given a video dataset?   1 Answer

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Robert Bosch (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Due to the uniqueness of the position I apply, I went through 3 interview. 1st round with the a plant manager, 2nd round with the hiring manager from Portugal, 3rd round with the dept head.

Interview Questions

• 1st and 3rd interview are all usual interview question, where 2nd interview involve some technical question.   Answer Question

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Bosch (Farmington Hills, MI).

Interview

One day on-site interview after a phone interview. The manager paid my lunch on that day. The interview included a presentation to introduce my work experience and academic background. After that, the team gave me a tour to the lab and introduction on the projects. Everybody was nice to me. They asked quite some technical questions related to my previous research. I thought they were making sure that I had good understanding on technical terms in this technology field.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were technical and none of them was difficult to answer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Accepted the offer directly.

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Robert Bosch (Charleston, SC).

Interview

test was taken then had to do other training classes to upgrade. ask a bunch of questions of prior work history. And other mechanical history. Asked about previous employers and willingness to work hard etc. Usual interview questions

Key Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch in June 2016.

Interview

Took over a month to get a call back for an interview. First had to fill out a detailed questionnaire. Had a very casual but detailed in person interview with the hiring manager discussing my experience and what is needed and expected of the role. Submitted some documents of past work for review. That interview went well then had a follow up phone interview with another hiring manager that seemed to also go well. No offer.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Bosch.

Interview

I was emailed to schedule a phone interview after applying for the position online. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, and I was asked general questions about my courses, previous experience, and relevant extracurricular activities. The questions were very generic interview questions (what are your strengths/weaknesses), and overall was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• What course do you think has best prepared you for work in this field?   Answer Question

Wireless Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Robert Bosch (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Was just one telephone interview for about an hour. I was asked about my projects and they tested my knowledge based on the requirements for the project. They later asked me about my background and preferences and the length of the internship.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Bosch in April 2016.

Interview

Brief thirty minute phone interview with my future manager. Very easy casual talk about my job and college experience. Description about the work environment and some of the potential job functions I would be expected to perform. Typical questions about leadership and team environments. Only discussion with HR was after the manager decided to hire.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to resolve a conflict within a group?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Bosch (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Telephone call for half an hour about your resume.Asked about the reason for change and how well you are adapted for the change.Asked to attend inperson.In person was for about 3 hours.
    Half an hour with every member of the team.Mostly technical

Interview Questions

• Generics and usage
      Webservices and SOAP and WSDL explanation
      Reversal of a string code
      Generic DB questions
      Collections questions
      Difference between SOAP and Rest
      Answer Question

Senior IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Situation, Task, and Action model. There were three interviewers, two in the room and one on the phone. The questions were based on situations faced in the past at work place such as describe a time when you suggested/implemented something that improved the exiting condition. The interview was based on prepared questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when your action improved existing condition.   Answer Question