SAIC Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAIC (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was thorough and complete. They asked about my professional experience and background, which I happily provided. The interview was thorough and complete. They asked about my professional experience and background, which I happily provided.

Other Interview Reviews for SAIC

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

SAIC contracts with companies (commercial/government) that "require" qualified skilled resources based on certification -- in short, ensure certs are up-to-date and relevant. Respective hiring manager will contact you if qualified (on paper) for initial phone interview; questions appear textbox particular to the "title" of the job, not the particulars of the work. A successful phone interview will lead to onsite follow up. Experience has shown that once again, SAIC targets talented candidates who can speak intelligently to the job title. I emphasize this because not all candidates who know the technical response to an interview question make for a right fit. This, in my view, is a short coming with SAIC; but for any prospects looking to get in may be a good thing. Highly recommend that all candidates not only "know the answer" technically, but also "know the company" and "know their customer" ... this will prove a tremendous value add and excellent negotiation starting point.

Interview Questions

• The challenge seen during most interviews deals with curbing one's enthusiasm and listening to the questions being asked. Hiring managers will harp on "jargon", "text box", "best practices" language during the interview process; if an experience candidate responds in turn with "practical" answers, the interviewer will keep repeating question. There is no one difficult or unexpected question, as much as there is an expected (almost scripted) dialogue. Hiring managers have also been known to challenge the integrity and credibility of a candidate based on "paper" as well as communication. Candidates must articulate they are the right person, with the right skills. To my experience, SAIC rarely does peer interviews, but they may have one or more managers/leads participate in an interview session. And be prepared to have SAIC listen to its own voice vice extending a candidate an opportunity to show case their abilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was misleading in that there was a relocation at a significant pay reduction to meet contract entry criteria, with an [undocumented] assurance of comparable pay increase to come back up to par within a short turnaround. This did not occur and management reneged on advancement opportunities; this happened to many employees.

The "phase" it self was one of initial communication with hiring manager of salary requirements, followed by SAIC confirmation with status of current/last employer. There appears a discretionary negotiation with hiring manager and a verbal offer; once [verbally] accepted, SAIC sends an offer letter and awaits confirmation of employment.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SAIC (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Communications was outstanding with the company. Expectations on the interview were clearly provided. I felt comfortable at the interview, the receptionists was very welcoming at the building and I was greeted on time for the interview. We began the interview with greetings and background of the interviewers and with my experiences. The interview lasted approx 45 min.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty straight forward and there were no surprises. A Goof portion of the interview was discussing the potential position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was contingent, if SAIC wins the bid then I will go through the negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SAIC (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

Very fair, but it took four different interview sessions to finally be hired. First, was a question and answer period. Then I was called in to perform a presenattiion with an audience of 12 people, then I was called for a follow on interview. Lastly, went in for another discussion on company benefits, and on that day I recieved a call from the recruuiter with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you explian the acquisition proeccess as it pertains tpo DoD acquisition?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy. I took the very frst salray number offered since I am retired military and salary was not an issue.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Tampa, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Well, I met the division chief, my boss. Then after meeting him, I met his deputy. Then I met with a senior program manager. And then I met a guy who was going to be my "wing man" on the overall program. We then all went to lunch. I then got ready to go to the airport and my division chief told me that I was hired. Basically, he wanted to get the reaction of the rest of the guys to see if they saw something that might make me not a good co-worker.

Interview Questions

• The division chief asked me about the project we were working, to see if I had done any research.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very direct, based on what I said I wanted. We basically split the difference and he gave me a small signing bonus

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SAIC (Arlington, VA) in March 2008.

Interview

Initial communication was phone interviews with 3 members of management. Then individual one on one interviews via telephone. Interviews were located on the west coast and I was on the east coast. Interviews were very pleasant and the best advice I can ofer anyone is to speak frankly. The people of SAIC are genuinely the nicest people I have ever worked bicoastly with.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

Can easily contact hiring manager. Single interview beforw job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult problem you've had to overcome?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SAIC in March 2011.

Interview

My experience was not standard: I was contacted by a mentor who had heard I was available for a new position and able to relocate to a new city; he referred me to the hiring manager and arranged a phone interview. When I contacted the hiring manager, he was ready to hire me; he really seemed to just need to confirm there weren't any quality reasons to reject me. After the phone interview, I applied for the position on the company web site, and attached my resume and cover letter through their web interface. After the hiring manager completed a number of other interviews, he contacted me to discuss availability dates. Once we agreed on a start date, he submitted my info to the HR department and they sent me an offer. The offer was straight forward and no real reason to negotiate. Even if I had wanted to counter-offer for salary or benefits, I didn't see an easy way to do that, since the offer was sent from the HR department and not directly connected to the hiring manager. Because I knew that the business unit had reached its contract dollar limit, I figured that countering for salary would cost me the offer. So I accepted and traveled across country as fast as I could to start on time.

Interview Questions

• "You say you're a self-starter; give me an example of how you stay motivated and on-task when you are left to work alone"   Answer Question
    • You're education includes an MBA; what part of your studies directly helped you succeed on your $11 million construction project? Give an example of how you resolved conflict among the design team and the contractors.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC in January 2011.

Interview

Interview Questions

• You say you're a self-starter; give me an example of how you stay motivated and on-task when you are left to work alone   Answer Question