SAIC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAIC Interview Questions

Interviews at SAIC

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

Delayed response from HR after applying but speedy interview time after making contact. The interviewer was very professional and I appreciated his willingness to treat me like a person and listen to my answers. I felt I got a good explanation of the position and was able to find out details about the company I did not know. Everyone I have talked to so far has been very professional and kind.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience, expectations, etc. They gave a thorough explanation of the position and allowed me opportunity to ask questions.   Answer Question

Cyber Operations Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

Multiple phone calls, no in-person. Screened by team lead and planner, then another interview by program manager. Found the questions to be very stump the chump with the PM, not so much by the team leads.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIC in February 2020.

Interview

Recruiter called and asked questions about my resume and salary expectations. I told them what the lowest salary that I would consider leaving my current job for. I was told it wasn’t a problem but then when the offer came it was well below my expectation. Recruiters call multiple times a day. Very annoying process. Recruiters wasted my time and the hiring managers time by not communicating my expectations. Do not recommend this company.

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Knox, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Fort Knox, KY) in February 2020.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, then set up phone interview with the Manager and two project lead members few days after. Asked to discuss experience and previous projects worked on, and was given technical questions related to Java, and web development such as HTML, and JavaScript

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC in November 2019.

Interview

Basically, I was contacted by a recruiter and a phone screen was scheduled. They asked my salary requirements, etc. I passed the phone screen and an onsite was scheduled with a couple teams. I interviewed with the teams and was offered jobs with both. Their offer was lower than I'm currently making, so I turned them down. A bit irritating since I used a vacation day from my other job for this and especially considering I had told them what I wanted at the beginning.

Overall, negative experience - don't waste my time. Our candidate pool here is small and I know a lot of them, so I'll be spreading the word.

Interview Questions

• Very typical software engineering interview questions, nothing special. Some OOP questions.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

I got an external referral to the team. One recruiter call and one call with the hiring manager followed by a in person interview. Panel interview with the hiring manager, interview coordinator, and six team members. All were veterans with similar backgrounds to me, questions and topics were largely focusing on my experience and getting a feel for how I would fit into the team.

The hiring manager conducted a post interview 1:1 immediately after the panel interview. He wanted to ensure that I had a chance to address any specific concerns and I got the feeling (confirmed later) that he really cared about whether I felt good about the position and people and understood my responsibilities. I've never had that before in a hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What makes you happy?   Answer Question
    • Some specific program/system knowledge related to the customer and background of programs/systems I have worked that are similar to that program.   Answer Question

TACNET Fleet Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

Panel interview consisting of 5 people including the hiring manager. Two people of whom I have met in the course of my previous job. Because this position aligns with my former, there wasnt much to ask that I didn't already know or aware of. The only mention was to be completely IAT2 certified within 6 months.

Interview Questions

• They have a prescreen process that seems rather intrusive and they wish to know anything that went on your SF-86?   1 Answer
    • I haven't completed the pre-screen?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

The interview process started with a basic phone screening. After the phone screening there was an on site interview scheduled the next week, and another onsite interview scheduled a few days later.

ICAM Account Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAIC (Vienna, VA) in October 2019.

Interview

Let me say the interview process started off well as I thought the recruiters were quick, efficient, and nice to talk to. The recruiter quickly set me up with an in person interview, a few days after my phone screening. However, I realized upon receiving the invitation that it was for a job fair recruiting event instead of a simple one-on-one. So the day of, I arrived 15 minutes early, to be told my hiring manager was 15 minutes late because he was interviewing other candidates. No problem, I sit there for 20 mins and wait. Once meeting with the manager, he calls a woman and asks if she has my resume, she replies "No". So I continue to speak to my work experience for about 20 minutes. He then asks me about a school I do not attend, and I said " sorry, I don't go there you must have someone else's resume". He proceeds to say "no, it says your name" and I said the front is correct but the back is misprinted. It must have gotten mixed in the shuffle of other applicants. Further down the talking, he then proceeded to tell me that he has no idea why I'm applying for this role since it's not "what I currently do". I was taken aback because the position was, in fact, what my current role was. So I proceeded to ask what his idea of ICAM was, and what they do. The lady on the phone goes over some vague requirements and reporting, and I said "Yes, I do those things on a daily basis". Then, the manager starts saying how he likes my personality and that I'm smart to work my way up (which at this point I found to be quite belittling). He basically told me I don't have enough experience for something I have more than enough experience than what the job description called for. I left feeling insulted and knowing that he already had a candidate (likely race and sex in mind), and felt like I wasted my day. The interview process did not seem "equal opportunity friendly".

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with SailPoint?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAIC (Reston, VA) in September 2019.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter. Hiring manager blew off two of our interviews, and was downright rude and dismissive during the phone one. Could tell she didn't have time to interview and couldn't be bothered. Unbelieveable.