SAIC Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SAIC in March 2017.

Interview

Attended an on campus career fair, talked with a campus representative, set up and interview the following morning. Interview was a 30 minute behavioral interview. Interview went well, received an offer shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Name and describe the 4 pillars of object oriented programming. Give examples of each.

Bonus Question: If there was a zombie apocalypse, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SAIC

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Huntsville, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

A day after applying I was contacted by a recruiter who asked me if I had and preferences in location or job role and then asked when I would have time to schedule a phone interview a few days later. No technical questions were asked, only went over experience on the resume and was explained what the job would be about. A few hour later I was informed they would like to do an in-person interview and flew me out to tour the job site and meet potential supervisors. No technical questions were asked and I was briefed more on the project and had a casual conversation about my personal background. An offer was made a day later.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC in October 2014.

Interview

Very personal interview which is really nice compared to most programming interviews. Even without a math test I felt it was effective at assessing skill. They look for people who are capable and willing to learn. Not necessarily those that will know everything coming in.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Hiring manager asked when I can start and general background from college. Project Architect asked more technical questions about my coding languages, skills, and something specific (see below). This was back in 2005 (before they broke off into Leidos) where there weren't so many phone screenings before an in-person interview. It was just directly that! I then talked with 2 other folks on the project to get a more background from them and fresh views on the project itself.

Interview Questions

• Database and architecture questions and how they related to designing software and writing code   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't bother negotiating. I thought it was fine then for a first job. You may want to negotiate a higher start salary, as worst case scenario, it only goes up 3% to 6% per year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC (Huntsville, AL) in July 2011.

Interview

I was led into a darkened room. The interviewer asked software 101 classroom questions then instructed me to write code on the white board. The interviewer was the software lead with very little experience and only a couple of years in his career. The darkened room and absence of professional courtesy was evident of a lesser company and not the high professional standards of SAIC.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview was basically focussed on the technology. The questions were not easy and the interview took around 2-3 hours. There were 3 technical rounds and 2 HR rounds. The Technical rounds were very good and the HR round were basically just 10 minute discussions on Salary, Role and quoting reasons for leaving the current organization. If you are looking forward to join SAIC, be good technically and do some really good preperations. That is what I would suggest

Interview Questions

• Use cases of your current project   1 Answer
    • Technology related questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiations depend on the technology and its current market value. The lesser the number of resources available outside on the technology you work on , the higher you can demand. If you are giving a lot of interviews and you have a rough idea of what your technology and skill set are worth, just demand 50k-100k more than what other companies like Infosys, TCS, Accenture, IBM are offering.