SAIC Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2017

2.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA).

Interview

Recruiter responded to my online application, conducted phone screen. Was brought in a couple of weeks later for interviews and then brought back a few weeks later for last round of interviews. Friendly interviewers, casual environment. I got conflicting answers about why the job was open and how many openings the team actually had. The VP I interviewed with talked the whole hour and only asked me 1 question....I declined the offer because the process took too long, the inconsistent answers regarding number and reasons for openings and because some of the interviewers were clearly fishing for information (sometimes outright asking) about how things are doing at my current company and some of the examples of the team's accomplishsments were things that I did 5-10 years ago other places.....it left me with the impression that this group doesn't have ideas of its own and in some regards is pretty far behind the times

Interview Questions

• How does your current company handle x? What's their policy on that?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SAIC

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter for SAIC. Had a great conversation with a recruiter who then set me up with another interview with department for the job and that interview went well. Once it came to talking about pay be prepared to send them what pay you're looking for. I was not prepared to talk pay at that time. They know what they are willing to pay so be prepared. Found this website after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SAIC (Huntsville, AL) in December 2015.

Interview

I went into the interview not expecting to take the job so I was very relaxed and didn't really care much, I just have a policy of never turning down an interview. There were no technical questions or personality questions asked. The guy they got to interview me only saw my resume about 3 minutes before the interview and said "You have more experience than me, I don't know how to interview you". We proceeded to chat a bit about my experience. I late found out he was never even asked how he felt about me. I was then taken to the manager and he asked me a couple of vague questions about my experience and how much I wanted. I threw out a silly number and he said they could make it work. I have a formal offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• What is your best language?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC (Huntsville, AL) in September 2015.

Interview

They got to know me and figure out how well I would work with others. They also tried to figure out my future intentions and goals. Then they asked some general technical questions on how I would approach some problems.

Interview Questions

• What is it that you look for when reviewing C code with regards to errors that may pop up that seem benign if you were just working on C code at home or a school project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Huntsville, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

Consisted of a brief email exchange with HR, which resulted in an invitation to a hiring event. At some point, I think my HR correspondent forgot about me, because they said they would send an email on a certain day, but it didn't happen. So I had to send a follow-up email. Interview was a mix of "classic" behavioral questions and discussion of a project I was working on. I was interviewed all at once by SAIC's manager for the particular project, SAIC's technical lead for the particular project, and the government team lead for the team I would be working on. There were no technical questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

I found the job through a local Job Fair at the University, this was followed by an initial interview. After the initial interview the hiring manager followed up with an email exchange and a follow up call confirming their decision to hire me.

Interview Questions

• All questions were directly related to the Job, prior research on the job roles covered all questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

SAIC lowballs on pay.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SAIC (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

Student Recruit: Met with recruiter after a career fair, then I had to wait many months till negotiations moved forward.

Second larger interview then happened and they got in touch with me shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Very general basic coding questions, know your CS1 if applying for a programming job   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC in January 2013.

Interview

Interview lasted most of the day. Met with several teams of software engineers, and individually with managers. The process starts with a written Java and C++ programming proficiency exam. You are given an hour, and based on your results you continue the interview or exit early. Exam questions are reasonable for someone skilled in the languages. One team were the technical sharks and grilled hard on multithreading and software design. The other teams tested more for fit with the culture.

Interview Questions

• Explain how to implement a multithreaded GUI in Java. How would you design a search engine?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate salary and increased vacation time.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SAIC (Dayton, OH) in September 2012.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me on linkedin, followed by a phone interview. He set me up with a group interview with 2 PMs and a developer the next day. Following evening I had written offer.

Interview Questions

• None. I was an exact fit for the position. I was asked to describe specifics of my work experience, nothing more.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Told them my salary requirements. They sweetened it a bit and added some PTO equivalent to my years experience as if I had been with the company for that time.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Arlington, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

3 part interview
    1) Phone screen with a project manager as a general background check / tech screen
    2) In-person interview with the program manager, general skills and culture fit.
    3) in-person interview with 3 peers, tested general programming knowledge, culture fit, and general technical know how.

In-person interviews followed 3 days after the phone screen and all in 1 day.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when faced with an issue you don't know the solution to?   1 Answer