SC Johnson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SC Johnson Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson.

Interview

One simple interview with the Director of Category Management and an HR representative. They asked basic questions about what you knew of the position. And what you can bring to the team as well.

Administrative/Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received email from a recruiter to schedule phone interview the following week. Interview was short. About 10 questions. Recruiter determined I was not going to be a good fit for the role based on previous salary. Recruiter suggest other titles to watch for possible open positions that would be a better fit.

Interview Questions

• Thinking back over your past employers, which company was the best and worst fit for you and why.   Answer Question

Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI).

Interview

STAR process - one or two people would sit and ask a series of predetermined questions that they didn't veer from ... when the questions didn't apply, it was very awkward. There were 7 hour long interviews and one over lunch that was supposed to be just "natural conversation" but of course there were predetermined questions in there too

Interview Questions

• What is something you did that affected your colleagues that was not viewed positively, and how did you deal with that?   Answer Question

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxdale, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Waxdale, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to. Brought in, interviewed, and offered position. Could not close gap on salary for that position. 6 months later, was reached out to again personally by hiring manager for higher position on same team. Interviewed, and was ghosted afterwards. Followed up with team, not a single response. No salary could now draw me to work for a company that operates in that way.

Interview Questions

• "S.T.A.R." methodology. A template style array of questions. lack of connection to the actual candidate.   Answer Question

Senior Director Marketing Innovation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

I was surprised by the poorly ran recruiting process I experienced from this company with an excellent reputation. I think anybody that takes the time to spend a day interviewing on site deserves to be contacted with feedback and a notification of a decision, especially for an executive role like this. People were polite (for the most part), but a timeline like this can put most people off, it didn't to me because I had the belief this was a right choice. This is the timeline of my communications:

7/12/16 - Applied to job on line directly at SCJ's site
    9/20/16 - Contacted by third party recruiter asking if I was interested in a confidential job, turns out it was a job I had applied to two months before
    10/27 - Phone screen with hiring manager

radio silence - no feedback from anyone

11/19/16 - External recruiter confirms on-site interviews for 12/20/16
    12/18/16 - Call from SJC to postpone interviews for 1/12/17
    1/10/17 - Call from SCJ recruiter to reschedule for 2/2
    2/2/17 - on-site interviews, thank you notes sent

Radio silence from recruiter and from SJC

3/2 Still no feedback from anybody

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SC Johnson (White Plains, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

was brought in by headhunter. Had phone screen with headhunter than president two days later. Was flown into NY for a full day of interviews a week later. Got to the office around noon. was made to wait outside their office for 35 minutes without being offered anything to drink. brought into the presidents office to meet with him in-person. During our interview, he accepted multiple personal phone calls and was on email for a majority of the conversation. Halfway through he mentioned that the rest of the folks on my interview schedule were "busy" and there would be no more meetings.

Headhunter wouldnt even return my phone call afterwards. Stay away. Very unprofessional

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Confusing - after my in person interview, HR contacted me the same day to say they were writing me an offer. The next day I got an email from the Hiring Manager saying that they wanted me to submit examples of my work. After I sent them in, I got an email a couple days later requesting a phone interview to go through the documents I sent them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have anything that will keep you from working additional hours?   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted on LInkedIn by a recruiter for SCJ. I had 3 phone interviews (Recruiter, HR Manager, Hiring Manager) within 3 weeks during the Holidays which is generally an impossible time for interviews. I was then brought onsite for a final interview. I had an offer in hand two days later. I was so impressed with how responsive everyone at SCJ was, from the recruiter to the Hiring manager. Everyone was very professional!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest failure, what you learned and how it's changed who you are.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI).

Interview

I was very excited to interview at SC Johnson, having had a great internship experience. This interview process was incredibly disappointing, however, and ended my career interests with SC Johnson. The interviewers were not professional, with all of them but one checking and manipulating their cell phones during the interview.

Business Process and Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

One behavioral interview with a focus on skills learned and experience regarding teamwork from things on my resume. There was no technical interview for this position. Filler text filler text filler text.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a time when you had far too much to do in a short time period?   Answer Question