SC Johnson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SC Johnson Interview Questions

Interviews at SC Johnson

2.9

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SC Johnson in March 2012.

Interview

Very difficult lots of computer tests

Interview Questions

• More the 4 different I terviewers   1 Answer

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Chicago, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

On campus interview with second round interviews conducted the day after first round interviews. 2 brand managers in the first round. In the second round, I interviewed with a director and HR

Interview Questions

• Entirely Behavioral. No case questions beyond "what's your favorite brand"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2019.

Interview

Surprisingly efficient and straight to the point. 2 phone interviews (one with HR one with sales) and 1 in person. They had their company mandated behavioral questions but the majority of the time was very conversational and natural

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted on LInkedIn by a recruiter for SCJ. I had 3 phone interviews (Recruiter, HR Manager, Hiring Manager) within 3 weeks during the Holidays which is generally an impossible time for interviews. I was then brought onsite for a final interview. I had an offer in hand two days later. I was so impressed with how responsive everyone at SCJ was, from the recruiter to the Hiring manager. Everyone was very professional!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest failure, what you learned and how it's changed who you are.   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SC Johnson in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, the recruiter did most of the facilitating. The process was long since the position was a global position and the stakeholders were on different continents. The people conducting the interviews were easy to talk to and asked relevant questions. The only bad thing I have to say is that the recruiter knew I wasn't particularly interested, so he told me a salary range beyond what was offered.

Interview Questions

• They ask about interests outside of work to get a feel of you as a person. This seemed odd at first, but it makes sense given they are focusing on attracting the right kind of people (friendly/outgoing).   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was fair, so there was little need for negotiating. I did request more vacation time (based on my current vacation allowance), to which they obliged.

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews, followed by an in-person interview that lasted approximately 6 hours. After completion of the in-person interview, there was a formal offer, pending a drug screening and background check (all can be completed in a couple days).

Interview Questions

• They asked typical questions related to my prior work experience, handling challenging situations, biggest accomplishments, etc. Most all of the behavioral questions are what you'd expect if you do a little research online for common behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Confusing - after my in person interview, HR contacted me the same day to say they were writing me an offer. The next day I got an email from the Hiring Manager saying that they wanted me to submit examples of my work. After I sent them in, I got an email a couple days later requesting a phone interview to go through the documents I sent them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have anything that will keep you from working additional hours?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SC Johnson (East Lansing, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through a career fair at my college and was asked a series of questions from three recruiters. The questions were mostly behavioral and I was asked to stem those answers from work experience. Overall the interview was not too stressful and the recruiters did a good job at making me comfortable throughout the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when working with a group didn't go as planned and what did you do?   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in October 2010.

Interview

Not a squabbling-in-the-backseat kind of family. (Well, not usually.) But a glad-we’re-in-this-together kind of family. So we understand the joys and strains you feel every day. Dig in and discover tips to help any family, and special ways to celebrate yours. Not a squabbling-in-the-backseat kind of family. (Well, not usually.) But a glad-we’re-in-this-together kind of family. So we understand the joys and strains you feel every day. Dig in and discover tips to help any family, and special ways to celebrate yours.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied through the website and they responded after a couple weeks. Initial phone screen was very basic and covered a resume walkthrough and a few questions about working with data and leadership.

In person interview covered typical behavioral questions, "Tell me about a time..." Details about interest in SCJ brands and the company and the location. Focused on leadership and overall company fit. Two person interview, very conversational.

Interview Questions

• Situational question about market share decreasing and what would you do to turn the brand around.   Answer Question