SEI Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.6

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I had a Phone screen first. Later I was asked for a face to face in house interview. Great place! Nice facility. Took long to hear back about the next steps. Very busy environment lots going on.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA).

Interview

Phone interview with hr, then two in person interviews. The people were really nice and I had very nice conversations with everyone, but the process took 2 months to the point where I almost had to withdraw my application to move on with my life. A little bit disrespectful to treat a more senior level candidate. They expressed no sense of urgency even after I followed up with hr after the 5th time, and when I found that it was down to me and an internal candidate I knew I had no chance. There was also a certain aroma of complacency not just in the company; rather, in the whole surrounding area that rubbed me the wrong way. If you're ambitious and looking for something unique, probably not the right place for you. Saw a lot of nova and penn state backgrounds, so you're almost immediately at a disadvantage if you didn't go to either. Definitely not attracting Wharton/Penn quality candidates. Probably a nice place to cut your teeth as a junior leve employee or if you want that certainty of collecting a lowish paycheck with your standard 1.5% raise every year for 40 years.

Free Asset Movement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online for the office in Oaks, PA. Had a phone interview a week later. Then had a in person interview a couple of weeks later. HR was a huge helpful and always there when you needed them. The overall interview went smoothly and I wasn't asked a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SEI Investments in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR when she told me I have a 'very impressive background.'

Came in the following week and met with one director and 4 senior directors. The first senior director was very nice and intelligent. The second one was narrow-minded and outright told me I wasn't qualified because I hadn't put together a NAV pack before. If that is the case, why bring me in for an interview? The last person showed up with two other individuals (so it was me vs. three men in their 40's and 50's.) They told me I'd be great as an account manager, but they didn't have any openings at that time.

Waste of time, they could have figured out from reading my resume that I'd never done fund accounting before. Not sure why I had to waste a half day of work to tell them.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SEI Investments in March 2017.

Interview

Was away at school, so they called me on the phone. I got past the first interview on the phone, but already accepted a position at another company. Not very hard questions for the first interview.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ancient Oaks, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Ancient Oaks, PA).

Interview

Applied for the position online and received a return call within a few days. Had to play telephone tag with the recruiter for several days. He ended up leaving me a message with his email address to arrange a phone interview. The phone interview was very basic, asked general tech writing questions. Recruiter asked about my availability for an in-person interview and said he would email me with an interview date and time.

He never sent the email to me. Next, I received a message that he was waiting for me to show up for my interview. I contacted him to advise I never received an email from him advising of an interview date and time. He confirmed the message was never sent to me, then stated they're looking at internal candidates. No apology, nothing. Not very professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe your writing experience?   1 Answer

Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SEI Investments (New York, NY).

Interview

College on-campus: 2 30 minute interviews. 2nd round at SEI: 2 30 minute interviews. Interview was fairly basic with mostly behavioral questions and walking them through my resume but position they matched me with for the interview was not a good fit.

Wealth Platform Adoption Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview

Interviewed with three people from the team. Was told by HR/Recruiting Specialist to bring a completed hard copy application in addition to the one completed on-line. The application was never taken from me and this did take some time to complete. Never received any further communication from SEI post-interview. At least let your candidates know if they were not selected. It felt like they just brought me in so they could hire their internal candidate, I did receive a response to my "Thank You" from two of the interviewees.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Found the process awkward and as if the interviewers weren't sure what they needed for the role. The folks that work there seem nice but the no management environment and open working space was odd.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview

Incredibly long interview process. it lasted 3 ours with 3 different teams. Although I thought the process went well and was called in for another interview, I did not get the position. The people were nice enough and the interview was more of an overview. Not too many detailed questions