SEI Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SEI Investments Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2018

2.6

SPTC Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments in January 2008.

Interview

SEI is an open architecture environment with a flat organziational structure. There are no offices or cubicals and process improvement input is encouraged and solicitied throughout the entire organization. The first interview was with the department manager and another supervisor on the team. The second interview was with an HR rep and the final interview was with one the trust company directors.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you encountered a process that was broken-down, ineffective or fraught with risk. How did you improve this process?   1 Answer

College Recruiting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview

I approached them at a school career fair and then applied online. I was contacted a few weeks later and had a phone interview. After the interview with basic resume questions and why I am interested I was called in to interview in their head quarters. very nive and easy phone conversation. have not gone for in person meeting yet.

Operational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in for my second interview, everyone was super polite and nice to you. First they give you a tour of the building, show you different departments, and then your interview process starts.

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

The interviews were fairly straight forward but i had to go through alot to get the postion. HR is a little disorganized and doesn't really seem to concerned with new hires

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

I had to speak to two different HR reps because of confusion on their end, but after everything got squared away, they were determined to find me a position and set me up with interviews in three different departments. This was only because they kept saying they wanted me at the company, but because my wife worked in the department they wanted me in, I had to interview and apply for positions that neither they nor I was positive I was qualified for. This was frustrating because instead of making sure I was just not on her team, I could not even be in the department. My interviews went well with different styles in each one. The first two departments had two interviewers, one after the other, asking basically the same questions and both departments said that their boss wished to be there but was too busy to make it. The third department had a group interview with three people of seniority in the position I would be going into, one of whom I would be replacing, and their boss.

Interview Questions

• For the most part, all of the questions were standard, but the most unexpected question was asking me to compare and contrast qualitative and quantitative thinking, and which I thought was best for the position I was interviewing for.   1 Answer

I got accepted into graduate school about three days before I received a call from them and did not feel right training and working for four months before departing.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back but interviewed with 4 supervisors at a time, which seemed rather overwhelming. It was sort of an open discussion and went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• For me: what are your weaknesses and what are your strengths   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a letter with all of the details, I signed and it was done

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SEI Investments in March 2017.

Interview

Was away at school, so they called me on the phone. I got past the first interview on the phone, but already accepted a position at another company. Not very hard questions for the first interview.

Anonymous Employee in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

They contacted me via e-mail and asked me to come for an interview day. The day consists of 1 on 1 interviews that are 20 minutes long, and you rotate through about 4 people. It's very easy because they all basically ask you the same questions, and they're very nice. All background/interest in the job questions. Everyone was very nice

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight forward. I was first asked to go into further detail about my resume and about what out companies I was interviewing with. I was also asked a few behavioral and probability questions as well.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had a disagreement with a team member and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I applied through a college/university, and interviewed on campus first round. The interview was fairly easy, mostly behavioral and resume questions. I later received an email informing me that I was selected for final round, and informing me I would interview with a team within SEI, which I have not done yet. Overall great experience.