Saia LTL Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saia LTL Freight (Portland, OR) in March 2018.

Interview

Just met with a guy that asked if I wanted part-time or full-time said I would be driving a forklift and it was easy work. Nothing else will be explained to you you will have false hopes and then be hit in the head with a ton of bricks after you start your job

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Saia LTL Freight (Burr Ridge, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Met with terminal manager and discussed Saia culture and position. We talked about what I did in the past, how it matches up with their position. We reviewed a typical day at Saia and determined if this was a fit or fail.

Interview Questions

• Type of equipment I was familiar with. Reviewed pay, typical day. Pretty loose interview.   1 Answer

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saia LTL Freight (Madison, AL).

Interview

Simple. They were desperate for drivers at the time so all I needed was to be available and physically able with license in hand with more than 3 moving violations or accidents.

Interview Questions

• When can you srart, how much experience do you have, any accidents and why are leaving your present compant.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

City Driver Interview

Interview

Mis magaged showed up and the manager was not even ready for me. The office looked like a Chinese fire drill. Just a bad experience for me. I will not take the job. Yes they already called and offered .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saia LTL Freight (Birmingham, AL) in January 2013.

Interview

Online app via careerbuilder. In person interview, which isn't easy for an OTR driver who is only off on weekends, but it is understandable.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saia LTL Freight (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Online application. Lots to fill out. Interview within a week. Offer of employment after another week for background checks. Really easy 1 on 1 interview as the company is bleeding drivers.

Interview Questions

• Is your driving report clean?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saia LTL Freight (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with the training operations supervisor at a University recruiting event. I was contacted approximately 2 months after meeting to come on site for an interview. When I got there he showed me where I would be primarily working, which would be on the shipping dock unloading/loading trucks and operating a forklift rotating shifts. We talked for about 10 - 15 minutes and he also asked if I would be okay to work in a non air-conditioned environment in the summer heat. We then went into the room for an interview where I was asked for the most part basic interview questions. Still waiting on a response back for second interview. It was a good experience for the most part. Seems to be a physically demanding job, however I am up to any challenge.

Interview Questions

• What qualities would you like to see in a manager/supervisor?
      What projects have you done in school?
      Describe a time you took a leadership role?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saia LTL Freight (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application & online personality test, had 2 interviews,background check and another interview. One of the first interviewers said I would be called the next day with the next steps. Received an email from 'Saia Management' indicating I was not selected for the role, but that they would keep me in mind for other opportunities. Very odd way to receive rejection, when all other indicators were positive.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? Why are you relocating to CA?   2 Answers

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saia LTL Freight (Charlotte, NC) in June 2008.

Interview

I had a brief phone introduction/interview. A 1-1 interview with the direct manager and a 1-1 interview with his manager. Process took about 2 weeks. Most questions dealt with past experience in sales cycle, territory management and relationship building. Very few questions on situational selling, as my background and resume spoke very strongly in that regard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Everything is negotiable, right? I was able to add to the salary and a extra week of vacation.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saia LTL Freight.

Interview

They worked pretty quickly within days of the phone interview done by the Manager. Called in for a face to face with Manager and a recruiter.

I was told that I would hear back on the job with a couple of days and I did.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the questions. However, I do remember the unprofessional comments and sharing of experience with former employees.   1 Answer

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Saia LTL Freight (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

It was very smooth. You come in and they sit you down and talk to you about the job and how they like to run their business. After they show you a movie on how the warehouse should be ran. They will test you to see if you can remember the safety rules and regulations. After you take a picture for your ID and sign more paper work. After you release from the interview and they will all you in a few days of the Interview

Interview Questions

• How's your are working with other people   1 Answer