Samsung Austin Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I attended a job fair with multiple open positions. I was given application to fill out, which you were expected to specify a position/area to apply for, so it is helpful to already have that information. I then turned in the application & resume and waited for an interview. There was a large turnout so my wait was 1 hour, but some people had to wait longer to only be sent home without interviewing. The HR personnel and hiring managers were extremely nice. I found the interview to be very comfortable.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview with HR asking basic resume questions. Then there was a group interview where we were tasked to solve a problem as a team. Lastly, there was a panel style interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe this project on your resume and any challenges you faced and how you overcame them?   Answer Question
    • If you were under a time constraint and did not know how to solve a problem, what would you do?   Answer Question

Logic Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was very technical and was for 1 hour.
    Covered all the aspects of Digital Design(Front End + Back End).
    The questions were not tricky and straightforward, but covers lot of concepts.
    Expect many questions based on the previous work experience or projects that are in the resume. Better to be prepared with the answers, for the challenges faced in the job/project.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself

Technical Questions
      1) Different ways to implement a mux in Verilog
    • 2) Difference between blocking and non-blocking statements   Answer Question
    • 3) Different ways to close timing
      3b) Timing closure with gates of different W/L ratio.
      3c) Timing closure with gates of different no of inputs. Advantages and Disadvantages.
    • 4) Build different gates using a mux   Answer Question
    • 5) Build inverter and buffer using XOR gate
      6) Use of XOR as comparator
      7) Floorplanning of simple 5 stage pipeline CPU.

Some questions related to Work experience.

Any questions for the interviewer.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

BEWARE

I had a standard phone interview with an outside hiring company that SAS contracts out their initial screenings to. It went well. I then had an hour phone interview with the hiring manager which went well. I then had an on-site interview where I was promised that my travel expenses would be reimbursed; and that was expected since it's standard industry practice. That was 2 months ago and SAS is refusing to reimburse any of the related interview expenses. The expenses were less than $50 so it's not a huge deal, but it disgraces their entire company since they are liars and thieves. I submitted my reimbursement form exactly as requested and have attempted to contact their HR representatives multiple times via phone and email - they don't answer the phones, don't respond to voicemails, and never reply to emails. I have never experienced such a terrible HR process in my life.

If you interview with them BEWARE you may never be reimbursed for any travel/interview expenses.

Interview Questions

• On-site had two hour long interviews, one was "explain a technical concept" the second interview was behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Quality and Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

A friend of mine helped me forward my resume to the hiring manager at SAS. I first had a phone interview with the hiring manager, where she asked me about my background and some basic Quality Engineering questions. She then invited me over for an on-site interview.

In the on-site interview, I spoke with two panels. The managerial panel consisted of high ranking managers in the Quality section. They asked detailed questions regarding my previous work and tried to see which position I would be best suited for. Be sure to have good stories and specific examples to recount in case of behavioral questions. The managers were not very responsive to what I was saying, and quite possibly made me screw up half my answers. They made the atmosphere pretty uncomfortable for an interview.

The technical panel consisted of engineers (who would have probably been my colleagues). They asked me questions on my resume. These people were much more responsive and made me feel pretty comfortable.

Overall the interview was decent. It went on for two hours (one hour per panel). The questions they were asking were not exactly tough, but it really made you think very hard on the specifics of whatever you had done previously.

Interview Questions

• Explain a particular example of deviation analysis that you performed. Explain that in as much detail as you can, specifically focusing on what you, as an individual, contributed.   Answer Question

Material Owner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in June 2016.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter after applying online. Passed the first round and then moved on to the next phone interview with the engineer. The interview was technical and was focused on previous relatable experience with statistical process control and problem solving procedures (8D etc). The interview was very monotonous and was a serious type of interview. Heavily focused on the 'how'.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found a defect in the disc   1 Answer

CORP Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Initially you I received a phone call, answered a few short basic behavioral questions, and then I was invited and briefed on the Interview Process. It is two days, the first day you get a tour of the facilities and dinner. The second day consists of a leaderless interview, before two separate interviews in no particular order, the first is mainly behavioral, and the second is technical. They really are not trying to trip anyone up, just be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to assemble a team of people in order to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Corp Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

I met them at an university career fair. They asked me a few screening questions and afterward invited me to come to Austin. At first the process was intimidating, but after the first day of tours, that feeling was gone.

Tip: Prepare and practice your presentations to the two panels. Practice in front of friends, family, and even campus career advisers if they are available. Get to the point that both become conversational.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you had to do deal with conflict within a team.   Answer Question

Corp Engineer Process Entry Level Interview

Interview

1 phone interview. They called me and asked 2 behavioral questions. Screening my resume. Then they invited me to go to austin. The overall process is chilled. Not too technical.

CORP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I met them at career fair. They told me that I am selected for the interview right away. Later I was invited to the interview by Email. The first day was the fab tour and dinner with current employees. The dinner was nice. The second day was with managers and we were divided to groups of 4.

Interview Questions

• 1 behavioral, 1 your past experience and 1 an easy hands on   Answer Question