Samsung Austin Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Summer Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Interview

Got flown in for an on-site interview after a short phone interview. Phone interview was short and simple, just want to hear about why you are interested as well as a few behavior questions. On-site interview was about 40 minutes, interviewed in a room by three people, 2 engineers and 1 human resources person. They have a set list of questions and ask a lot about contents of your resume (if you have project experience they WILL ask you to explain it in detail). After the basic questions it becomes much more conversational, have questions ready for them at the end, they expect it.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you did not meet a supervisors expectations? What did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in Samsung?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I attended a job fair with multiple open positions. I was given application to fill out, which you were expected to specify a position/area to apply for, so it is helpful to already have that information. I then turned in the application & resume and waited for an interview. There was a large turnout so my wait was 1 hour, but some people had to wait longer to only be sent home without interviewing. The HR personnel and hiring managers were extremely nice. I found the interview to be very comfortable.

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

Internal posting then in-person interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? What makes you the best person out of all the other 30 resumes we received?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, I made a lateral move.

Integration Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in November 2012.

Interview

I thought the team I interviewed was rather unfriendly - which is strange because I know a lot of people at Samsung that are really great and friendly to work with. Anyway, they wouldn't even introduce themselves before asking me questions - and one guy was like 'Is that all you did in your last job?'. Rude. So glad i didn't get the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview after career fair, then an invitation to a panel interview in Austin, questions were fairly straight forward no curve balls. Definitely know whats on your resume and be able to explain it

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Got the interview at UT's engineering career fair in early Spring 2015. Went to the interview in March 2015 right before spring break. Got the call for the offer about a day later.

Interview Questions

• General questions about situations you've encountered and personality   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Interview

I first received a phone call after my application. I initially missed her call, because I was in class and gave her a call back. I am still in the process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a conflict with a coworker or teammate and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything you would like to say to make you stand out from the other candidates?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was in a conference room at a hotel. I was interviewed by a young Samsung engineer. There were other people interview in the same room (about 5 others).

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you have multiple task due at the same time.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Interview

Passed resume to a recruiter. Did a phone screen with said recruiter followed by video interview with someone from HR and an engineer. Heard back within a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you are installing a new tool and an essential part was broken. The vendor cannot replace it in time for the tool's scheduled start. What do you do?   1 Answer
    • When was a time where you did not live up to your adviser's expectations?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you changed the way something was done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I went to my university career fair and gave them my resume. About 3 weeks later, a recruiter contacted me to schedule a 15 minute phone screen. About 3 weeks later, I was invited for an onsite interview. Before the interview, you get to take a tour of the plant so you can get a feel for the company work environment. About 2 weeks after the interview, I received an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work through conflicts in a group project   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The day the interview was scheduled i went to the fab plant, First was the interview which took about 30 minutes, everyone else said they got easy question. There were 2-3 people interviewing you. Then there was a 45 minute tour around the facility which was quite impressive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something you have done with your degree outside of school.   Answer Question