Schlotzsky's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Schlotzsky's

1.8

Corporate Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlotzsky's (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day/. I interviewed with my immediate manage in a one on one interview, and I was offered the position the same day. The overall process was very simple and easy to navigate.

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlotzsky's (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online in January. Had a death in the family and they were very lenient on interviewing at a later date. Went through 4 interviews: 1st in person, 2nd on phone, 3rd via Skype, and 4th in person.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client was upset with you on the phone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very short, they had their mind set on base at $36000. I told them I needed at least $42,000. They said I would be making bonuses and commissions.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Schlotzsky's.

Interview

I was interviewed on the same day as a few other people. Hiring supervisor was friendly. Had the interview in the restaurant's lobby at a table. Was asked about previous experience and work ethic. Was offered a job that day and accepted.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have in customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schlotzsky's (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview with Store Manager overall went pretty well and he acted as though they wanted to hire me but said I had to come back for a second interview with the Asst Manager. She acted nice enough during the interview but when I talked about my once thriving home business she almost seemed put off that I used business terms I guess went over her head.

She then back paddled claiming they weren't hiring for another month / month and a half. (Then why am I coming to a job interview?) She also commented at the end that this was the first interview when in fact it was the second.

I called back to check in with the store manager who said the Asst Manager had been misinformed and was confused about the fact that my interview was actually my second interview since she had just gotten back from vacation and to call back Monday they would have a descion as the Asst Manager was now out sick.

I called back Monday only to find out that they did not need anyone at this time and they would call me when my name came up when they needed employees.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in food service?
      Do you have your food handling permit?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Schlotzsky's.

Interview

Filled out mini application months ago. I called several times to check on it and was told the manager would call me back. I stopped in and they lost the application, but gave me an interview within 24 hours.

Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Schlotzsky's (Suwanee, GA).

Interview

It was short and simple asked a few questions and showed me around the restraunt and introduced me to some of the employees. And then handed me paper work and then I went home.

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlotzsky's (Waco, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was easy. I applied, interviewed and got the job all within he same hour. They only asked when could i start and what size shirt did i wear. Other than that it was the typical tell me about you customer service interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you feel is the most essential part of customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schlotzsky's (Plano, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview isn't much, must of it is just one question and them smiling at you.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to accomplish?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotciation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Schlotzsky's (Tulsa, OK) in April 2012.

Interview

very simple and easy , from time I got there showed me how to apply nice and friendly not intimidating and reasonable just fill out application and they get back to you right away.

Anonymous Employee in Hapeville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schlotzsky's (Hapeville, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for this job on July 22nd and scheduled an interview on the 24th. I only had one interview with one of the two managers (they are a married couple). I was asked about my job experience and what I had knowledge of, as well as, if I were up for certain challenges that weren't so appealing (cleaning bathrooms). We talked about my education and how I could possibly be working while I am in college. I believe the interview itself was fairly easy I suggest using eye contact almost all of the time. If you are uncomfortable with eye contact you might not get the position because it was used the entire duration of the interview. Speak clearly and don't be nervous the managers are people you can talk to!

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any of the questions asked extremely difficult or ones that caught me off guard at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I believe everyone starts at 7.50, a quarter more than the minimum wage for Georgia.