Selective Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Selective Insurance

2.9

Commercial Lines Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Allentown, PA).

Interview

You are expected to jump through hoops and commit 4 hours interviewing with multiple people. HR is unorganized and rude when discussing your employment history. Waste of time. Interviewed with 6 people!

Interview Questions

• Behavior and technical. Predictable, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ).

Interview

Was more of a conversational interview and the questions they asked were more about leadership and past experiences. Such as what you did at a previous job or what you were doing in school.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Selective Insurance.

Interview

The interview was a phone call with the departments I met with at the open house. The majority of the questions came straight from my resume and the others were behavioral type questions. The interviewers were really nice and led the interview like a conversation.

Actuarial Interview

Interview

30 minute phone interview with 2 analysts on the phone, each asking a series of questions conversationally about your candidacy and explaining about the company and actuarial role as an intern.

Underwriter Interview

Interview

Way too long of a process. Seriously, way too long. Minimally 15 interviews with 15 people. Like, is this NASA or the Secret Service? Why all the travel doe interviews too?

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ).

Interview

Went over the job role and how there were weekends where you are on call. I was asked questions on my previous experience, and then took some puzzle evaluations.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ) in June 2020.

Interview

It was 4 rounds of interviews most of them are video interviews Technical 1 Technical 2 Architecture 3
    Management 4
    HR 5

To know the results took almost 2 months

Interview Questions

• Technical and behavioral and management   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glastonbury, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Glastonbury, CT) in February 2020.

Interview

Very good, very professional. They Seemed very understanding and helpful throughout the process. The interview itself felt very friendly and asked about myself and my interests, and were very open to any questions I had about the company.

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glastonbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Glastonbury, CT) in November 2019.

Interview

Received the first call in early NOV from HR about my application that I had submitted in AUG, we chatted and scheduled a call with the hiring manager fairly immediately. I had the hiring manager phone call the following week, then had the in-person interviews the week after that.

I had 1x1 interviews at Selective's Glastonbury office with four gentlemen over four hours on one day: two managers of application delivery and two AVPs of application delivery. The interviews moved along smoothly, everyone was professional and polite.

I rate the overall experience as negative because Selective Insurance never 'closed the loop' after the interview process. I never heard back from Selective after my in-person interviews. I followed up via email twice with the recruiter but did not receive a response and still had not heard back four months later, as of 3/9/2020. Received an email response a few hours after my initial posting of this interview review.

The interview process took three weeks total. However the time from application to interviews was approximately three months.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions, some light agile-related questions, i.e. What metrics do you use to measure progress? Some Rally software-specific questions.   Answer Question

Selective Insurance Response

Mar 12, 2020 – Employee Experience and Employer Branding

A positive candidate experience is vitally important to us, so thank you for sharing your feedback. We passed it along to our Talent Acquisition team for their review. Best of luck with your future endeavors.

Claims Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Allentown, PA).

Interview

The interview process was good. They had me interview with a panel and i got a call within a week that I had gotten the job. It was a good experience overall