Selective Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Selective Insurance Interview Questions

2.9

Building Facilities Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance.

Interview

I submitted resume online using the job posting portal. Followed up twice with both hiring manager and HR. Never received a return call or response until 4 weeks later when received a letter thanking me for my quality interview but advising they had decided to go with an internal candidate. I never had an interview!

Tech Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Selective Insurance.

Interview

About a 3 hour interview with 3 different managers asking the same questions. Not a very welcoming environment, one manager was kind of rude. Gave me the impression during the interview that I did not want to work in this type of environment.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Selective Insurance.

Interview

Got a call and had initial interview over the phone. 4 interviews in multiple locations. The process was fairly easy and friendly until we got to the salary expectations. All went well until I pushed back and the person on the other end got very nasty.

Interview Questions

• What was my salary expectations? What kind of experience could I bring to the position, the normal questions. The in person interviews were very pleasant and average.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do not expect to make a lot of money. They seem to try to get employees on the cheap and because of where they are located it often works.

Analyst/Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ).

Interview

Pretty typical. 4 rounds of interviews with individuals. Many of them asked the same questions. Offered a position over the phone, sent offer package to home.

Tip: Know about Selective and their practices. Know your faults and admit to them and be anxious to learn. Make eye contact. Smile. Dress appropriately.

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Selective Insurance.

Interview

The phone interview was conducted by one of their talent strategists. She was unprofessional. It seemed like it was an inconvenience for her to make the phone call. She barely opened up her mouth or articulated her words when she was talking. Additionally, she was behaving contemptuously. She did not care to promote the company at all.
    The whole process was a waste of my time. It seems like she is not interested in hiring valuable candidates for the company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the position? What did you do in your previous position?   Answer Question

Selective Insurance Response

Feb 1, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

I am so very sorry to see that your experience was perceived as negative, and would greatly value an opportunity to discuss with you for more detail. Please contact me at jim.albrecht@selective.com... More

BI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ).

Interview

Standard interview questions, (provide background, tell us how you found the job), then into the technical aspects of the position. Interviewed with 2 people first, then 2 more on an individual basis. Total interview took 2 1/2 hours. Questions were somewhat prying, as to insinuate or skeptical of your skill levels not meeting requirements. I got a question about "what is the difference between inner/outer join in SQL?", and to someone who is an established SQL writer it's like asking "You know how to tie your shoes?" Also had some strange behavioral/personal questions.. "If I was a bird, what would I be and why?. Poor interview tactics. Voluntarily withdrew from posting.

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance in November 2015.

Interview

First round of interview was a phone screen with Hiring Mgr and then in the same week behavioural round.. They sounded very positive but no offer..
    Phone screen,behavioural,F2F is the interview process

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Very late back people. I went for IT manager position and Assistant VP was asking me technical questions how you will do the work? No manager level questions. The way he asked the questions wasn't right. He was critic. I went for NJ office for interview. IT team was good and good campus. HR person did not get back to me with decisions. I think doesn't matter you pass or fail they need to appreciate your effort.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Newark, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Professional- all HR driven with basic questions- no advice on this area- dark boring quiet business environment doesn't feel friendly-Sussex county location not much in the area to do or see- commute not great- have gym which is nice but no one uses it because workload seems too much

Safety Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screening and the panel interview over video conference, panel interview lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes. I was interviewed by three different people side by side. They took turns asking me questions and telling me about the company. All three were very nice and welcoming

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to deliver difficult news   Answer Question