Selective Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Selective Insurance

2.9

Commercial Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Carmel, IN) in September 2011.

Interview

Quick phone screening. From there had a 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager and vice-president of underwriting, then went into a Q&A session with two underwriting managers.

Interview Questions

• Scenarios given on how I would handle specific situations that typically come up with their underwriters. Q&A on how I would handle specific files from their target market. Friendly conversation of my background, personal life and interests, what my future goals are, etc.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Selective Insurance.

Interview

Phone interview and two in house interviews with HR and hiring manager. They asked the basic interview questions and asked many insurance related and situational questions. The entire process lasted about two weeks before I heard back from HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

phone call negotiation. I had 24 hours to make decision.

Para-professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

PRO
    Recruiter scheduled interviews and provided contact information and appointment times with Recruiter, Hiring Manager, other members of the team, Department Head and ended with the HR Manager in one day. Indicating a respect for the applicants time.

CON
    Although HR Manager confirmed that a response would be provided within a certain timeframe NO communicaiton was sent to advise the outcome of the interview which indicates the inexperience of the HR Manager or lack of respect for the applicant.

Interview Questions

• What experience to you have that would translate into a benefit for this company?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glastonbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Glastonbury, CT) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied and received a call within a week. Instead of hiring me for an internship they wanted me to take an aptitude test so they could hire me right after I got my Masters. I asked if this would effect me for the internship to gain the experience and they said no. After I took the test it they said they would call within a day, but took well over a week. Didn't do well on the test and lost the job and the internship. I was told get more experience and apply again even though the internship would have given me the experience. I'm shocked they lied to me about the safety in gaining employment even as an intern if I didn't do well on the test. Don't recommend working here as it was very unprofessional.

Internal Auditor Interview

Interview

Phone interview and then on-site interview. The phone interview was with a recruiter and asked me some basic question like you want to work as auditor and why you choose this company. The on'site interview was with one of their specialist, the manager and the VP. They are very nice people.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Selective Insurance.

Interview

Phone interview with Human Resources that did not lead to follow up on-site interview. They are looking for P&C students, but decided to interview a soon to be ASA. Overall, only a handful of questions were asked.

Litigation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton Sq, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Hamilton Sq, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Process begins with a phone screening by the personnel department. If you advance to the next level, you can anticipate being interviewed by 3 people at the same time. Once you accept the offer, you will have 48 hours to complete a drug test. The process is pretty much industry standard.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Richmond, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was scheduled by an agency I am registered with. I was called the day prior to as there is an immediate need to fill the position. The interview was done in-person and via video-conference. The attorney who I'd would be working for works at home, coming into the office 2-3 days a week.

Interview Questions

• What is the response time for Requests for Admissions?   1 Answer
    • Are you familiar with FileSite document management system?   1 Answer
    • Do you prefer hearing about a case or reading the file documents?   1 Answer

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branchville, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Selective Insurance (Branchville, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

straight forward interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

offered salary which was more then expected. I accepted.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Selective Insurance.

Interview

Lengthy phone interview and then ghosted. Questions were typical. Salary was low considering requirement to split time between north and south Jersey. Branchville and Hamilton are quite a distance from each other.