Shell Summer Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shell Summer Internship Interview Questions

3.5

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2011.

Interview

I would say it is easy to do well for the behavioural questions if you had practised enough and are aware of Shell's C.A.R.T criteria. What I found the most difficult about the interview were the questions that tested on one's thinking skills. He gave me 4 discussion topics (environmental hazards, business competitors, leadership development, carbon dioxide emission) to choose from, and you would have to solve the problem at a high level. I liked that he mentioned how Shell doesn't want to test on one's knowledge because "that wouldn't be fair", but rather, Shell is interested in seeing the candidate's thinking process instead. He encouraged one to think through the answers carefully and not be pressurised into giving a quick answer.

The interviewer was very kind and forthright in answering my questions. He said the people at Shell Singapore are "intrinsically honest" -- not just the department alone, but the entire Singapore office. He mentioned that the people working there are very smart, and that it will be hard to stand out unless you are extremely outstanding. There will be no chance of rotation among the different departments if what you are applying for is a summer internship.

When speaking to the HR person to discuss the internship issues (after i was given the offer), I found the woman very friendly, helpful and flexible. This gave me a very good impression of the people and culture in Shell.

Interview Questions

The project that I was given were not to my preference.

Other Interview Reviews for Shell

Summer Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell in November 2011.

Interview

Basically the interviewer asked about the generic questions, she's a nice person to speak with.

Interview Questions

• State an example when you resolve a dispute in a team setup.   Answer Question